Warwick Melrose - Dallas
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,144 results
All reviewslibrary baroak lawnfire stationclassic hotelcedar springsturtle creekcookie cutterbeautiful hotelcar servicestreet noisevalet parkingolder hotelwithin mileslove fieldroom was largethe entire staffroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2009

We just returned from a whirlwind wedding weekend where the wedding party
and guests were, luckily for us, booked at the Warwick Melrose. Being from
Dallas and having moved away 12 years ago, we were so gald to find that this
was the hotel of choice as we always enjoyed going to the Melrose bar, The Library,
after work. Trust me, if you enjoy luxury in a distinguished, beautifully maintained
setting in the center of town, look no further than the Melrose, (AND at an economical
price). The hotel is absolutely gorgeous from the crystal doorknobs, to the beautiful
tiles, to the views, to the soothing music which greeted us in the room,to THE BEDDING which was heaven, yada, yada, yada. It was a wonderful oasis during a hectic event weekend. HOWEVER, Saturday night in this area DOES get a little crazy, but the valet will handle your car and the Library Bar is beautiful place to end your evening. We had a WONDERFUL time at this beautiful establishment. By the way, if you want a great
breakfast or lunch, travel down Oak Lawn past Lemmon to Lucky's Cafe. A funky
and wonderful diner with a full service bar. Quite the experience in itself.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank JOYJOYPortAransas
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is a charming, older-style hotel that combines big, well-appointed rooms (including very comfortable beds) with a highly professional staff. I was always treated like a valued guest here (although I actually felt a little underdressed arriving in jeans as the lobby is quite plush and you often see business groups assembling there for meetings and the like!). Having found a room at the hotel on hotwire for only around $75 or so, I’m happy to say it was an absolute bargain and I would have been very happy to stay on for longer. It’s a bit of a walk into the heart of the business district in Dallas (roughly about 30 minutes) – but most things are not too far away. And I didn’t try out this option – but the staff member who checked me in said that the concierge would be happy to organise courtesy ride(s) short distances from the hotel if I needed them in any case. The only real downside of the experience was the hotel didn’t run a shuttle service to Dallas-Fort Worth Airport but only to the airport at Love Field instead. This means that you’ll need to add on at least $35 or so to your budget if you’re arriving into and flying out of DFW. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable experience here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank ColPol
Reviewed April 26, 2009

As I write this review, I am sitting in the lobby of the Warwick Melrose. We came to Dallas on business, but also wanted to stay in a hotel that was also luxurious and romantic, at a reasonable price. We found all that at the WM. From the warm greeting extended to us by Leon, to the courtesy car driven by the super-friendly Chad, we were treated royally. Excellent room service and a great restaurant. The chef came to our table and talked recipes with my lady friend. Our suite on the sixth floor (601) was just remodeled, and was exquisite, with great views from our corner bedroom. Two 42 inch flat screen TVs, tasteful furnishings, and a spacious bathroom with great shower amenities, thick bathrobes--we loved it all.

A previous review mentioned the sirens. This is accurate, but perhaps because we were on an upper floor, we did not find it disturbing--rather more of the big city coda of urban sounds. Only major complaint is that wi-fi in rooms is not complimentary, but at least it is in the lobby.

I have mourned the long demise of good service in America. My experience at the WM has given me hope that there still exist at least a few places where it is still valued and practiced. You will find it here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed here as part of a group event. The hotel is older, but very up-to-date and attractive. Our room was spacious and attractively furnished in the traditional way. Everyone in our party was very happy with the hotel. Apart from a double-billing error which took some time to sort out, I heard only compliments. I do think that charging for internet use is a bit aggressive in this day and age, however some luxury hotels still do it. That's one reason I give the hotel only four stars. The other was the very chilly lobby which didn't invite one to sit and people watch.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank texhills
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My friends and I stayed at the Melrose in mid March for a weekend. I asked for a quiet room and received exactly that. The room had recently been renovated and had beautiful furnishing and a very comfortable bed. The best was the curteous and very professional maid service. Overall the appearance of the hotel is stunning and above a regular 4 star property. A real plus is that the hotel is very close to many restaurants and the Turtle Creek park. The hotel offers advanced booking rates that include the valet parking and the internet. Since the internet is $12 and the valet is $20 per day I would strongly recommend searching for these package deals.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends