Warwick Melrose - Dallas
$184
$169
Omni Hotels
1,152 results
All reviewslibrary baroak lawnfire stationclassic hotelcedar springsturtle creekcookie cutterbeautiful hotelcar servicestreet noisevalet parkingolder hotelwithin mileslove fieldroom was largethe entire staffroom service
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Grand old historical hotel............ very comfortable, pleasant.
Staff was exceptional. Many hotels have employees that just "answer" questions, but this staff went the extra distance and offered help. Splendid.
Valet parking: I left my billforld in the car, and then 2 minutes after arriving in my room, the wonderful employee delivered the billfold to me. Thank you again, Warwick Melrose.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larryo
Reviewed February 23, 2008

The lobby of the hotel is lovely, and the service from the front desk and the bell staff was very good. The location is great - near good restaurants and shopping. The room was nice - comfortable bed. Unfortunately, for two of the three nights there was a significant amount of noise from other guests, late at night, in the hall. The hotel handled the complaint well, offering one night free.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JHMPLS
Reviewed January 18, 2008

I wished I had read the review from wanderer888 (June 13) to know what to expect. However, I have to say that I pretty much had no other choice as much as my stay, since this hotel was picked based on its location for the meeting that I was attending.
This is an old building which is a historic landmark. The hotel staff is very friendly and professional. The room decor is okay. The lighting is good. The beds are reasonably comfortable. The the room size is larger than average. However, there are some issues.
The heating system in the room is so loud that you have to pick a choice between sleeping or ambient temperature.
They have a major moisture problem in the room. This is most likely due to combination of lack of ventilation/fan in the bathroom and all the sealed single pane windows where moisture condenses and drips onto the frame, panel and drips off from the wall.
I had alot of respiratory difficulties throughtout my stay in the room as I have very bad seasonal/mold allergies.
Also, I had requested a wake-up call which I never received. I had also ordered room service for 6:15 as I had to be at my meeting at 6:55. The food did not arrive until 6:32 after an inquiry call was made. For a 4 diamond hotel and 18% gratuity, I expected a timely service.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank trip-kitty
Reviewed December 14, 2007

NO complaints about this older hotel: our suite was larger than one of our properties in Cali. The staff were attentive and the amenities were just right to make this a very romantic get away.

Although some of the facilities were dated, it added to the charm of the venue. We used the gym, hung out in the library bar, and enjoyed the food from room service. Can NOT believe that people complain about the location -- it is one of the jewels of Dallas.

This is one you will want to book -- especially if you have to be in Dallas. LOL.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank MuscldPapi
Reviewed November 2, 2007

Booked a suite for the Halloween party/parade weekend. Fantastically spacious. Four poster bed was a great touch. Close to great restaurants and bars. (Wouldn't stay here if you don't want to see gay couples because there are PLENTY of them about.)
Will definitely book here again. I think I like it better than the Crescent Court!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple