“Fabulous Hotel”

Warwick Melrose - Dallas
Ranked #13 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I think this is the best hotel in Dallas ... It is warm and elegant and sophisticated and ... fun! It is the perfect combination. Also the staff is Amazing ... Samuel at the front desk has the most engaging personality ... gracious and welcoming .. he always remembers my name when I walk in the door .. actually, me and practically every guest in the whole hotel! All of the hotel staff go above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and happy when I am there .. and I am there at least once per month for business. The restaurants have really excellent food and I love the room service menu. My room is always spacious and lovely ... they just put in new windows recently, and its nice to open the window and let the fresh air in at night ... Being there in December is particularly wonderful because the lobby tree and decorations are so gorgeous! I highly recommend this hotel ... for business, pleasure, or a romantic weekend!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose - Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review on TripAdvisor. All of us at the Warwick Melrose hotel strive for each of our guests to have a wonderful experience and it is gratifying when we hear the we have exceeded our guest's expectation. Samuel at the front desk is certainly one of our best and we are fortunate to have him and several more like him. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon on a return visit. Until then, best regards.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My first trip to Dallas for a meeting. Told the reception woman that it was my first time to Dallas, and specifically asked for a room with a view. Well, when I got to my room, I had a view, of the other rooms in the hotel. I have to say, this irritates me to no end. Did you not care about my request, or just ignored me. On top of that, the building is so old that the windows let all the sound in from the street below, so all night I heard cars, and sirens, even though I was on the top floor. They do make new windows that can help block out most of those sounds, so how about replacing the windows. Other than that, old world charm, but maybe next time I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Wait till they put new windows in to block the street sounds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to learn that we were not up to your expectations. We strive for all guests to have a wonderful experience, it is this that we base our reputation on. It is always upsetting when we hear we have fallen short. In regards to the windows- we replaced 965 windows this past summer with more energy and acoustically more efficient windows. Unfortunately the windows do not prevent all the noise from the busy city streets below. Having a life safety station adjacent to the hotel does not help. Being a Historic designated hotel we were limited by the Dallas Historic Commission as to acceptable replacement windows. The approval process took us nearly two years. I am sorry we could not honor your request for a room with a better view, it all depends on availability. We do appreciate your business and hope that should you return to Dallas you will give us another opportunity to win your business. Sincerely, Larry McAfee

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Dont get me wrong, this is a beautiful hotel. The lobby is really gorgeous as are the rooms. The valet and people at the front desk are extremely nice. Unfortunately, this just isnt the hotel for me.

This hotel screams old money. It's very sophisticated and quite exquisite. While I didnt eat at the hotel (It was a little too pricey), I heard great things about the food and Library bar area.

For me however, It was a bit stuffy. I had a double room, but instead of two queen beds, there were two full beds (if that). So the beds were kind of small and not all that comfy. While the bathroom was really pretty, the counter space was small. It was hard to multitask putting on makeup, keeping track of jewelry, and straightening hair all at one time.

Just because I wasnt that big of a fan of the hotel, doesnt mean others wouldnt. Example, my grandmother would probably love this hotel. I just personally prefer more hip/modern hotels.

One thing that did make this hotel stand out was it's outlets. They had American/European converters as their outlet. Just coming home from Europe a few months ago, it's easy to appreciate the converters!

All in all, my stay wasnt a bad one.

Room Tip: If traveling alone, get a king room.
1  Thank ashes358

Thank you for taking the time to post a review relating to your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the comments and the time you devoted. I will admit our hotel is not for everyone, it is geared towards the traditional and historic classic. We renovated our guest rooms nearly 4 years ago and took great pains to replicate the 1920's as we were built in 1924 and in 2014 we will celebrate our 90th birthday. I actually had some comments right after we renovated that our rooms were too old and needed renovation. I let the guest know that I guess we were successful in replicating the 20's, and that the glass mirror on top the coffee table that he referred to as old and worn out was called antiquing. There will always be a niche for us to those that prefer the classics- for others there are the W's- but I wonder if they will still be here 90 years from now? Hope to see you back here again when you are looking for something different- Best regards

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night in transit and it was a lovely hotel, felt very good value for money, overall pretty quiet, very clean room, spacious bathroom/bedroom, bathrobes, mini bar, wifi. Got a great online deal where wifi was free and half price parking, so check for deals for better value options that could be available.Check in was easy and valet service simplified our arrival. Bar area was bumping at night, very popular. Popcorn trolley and juice were thee on arrival, lovely lobby:). Walgreens just across the street, very convenient. Next time I am in Dallas I'll be staying here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a favorable review regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor. The time you devoted is important as it gives us an opportunity to address issues we may not be aware of. Some of our best room rates and deals can be found by booking through our listing on Tripadvisor . We discount off our best available rate and add free Wi-Fi and half off parking. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon, until then- Best regards.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family traveled to Dallas to visit me for the holidays and we stayed at the Melrose Warwick hotel. From the moment we arrived everyone was so hospitable and attentive. The room was large with very comfortable beds and we had a lovely brunch on thanksgiving morning! Valet guys remembered not only you but your car and service all around was excellent. The library bar was a great spot for a cocktail with the family and had great energy and cool vibe to the room. I love this place and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel that has old school charm.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday. The holidays are always special to us and our customers appreciate the warm holiday hospitality that is found at the Warwick Melrose Hotel this time of the year. We appreciate your business and hope that your travels return you to our door soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We decided to spend Thanksgiving weekend in Dallas and stay at our favorite hotel there: the Warwick Melrose. The staff is friendly, courteous, helpful, and always goes out of their way to help. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is good and near the freeways. The Katy Trail is three blocks away in Turtle Creek Park with access on Hall Street at the overpass. This hotel is one of the grand hotels that is well maintained, low staff turnover, and a definite gem to plan a stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your time is valuable and we appreciate the time you took, it gives us an opportunity to review our hospitality efforts. Thank as well for choosing to celebrate your Thanksgiving Holiday with us we are privileged to be part of your memories. We hope to see return to our door should your travels return you to Dallas.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was at Warwick hotel in November for work. This hotel was recommended for work, so didn't really have a choice but to stay there. I am glad I did regardless, and will probably stay there again if I ever have to visit Dallas again. First, the hotel has a pick up service, so they came and picked me up from the airport. The hotel was lovely. It is more of the older style hotel, not modern, and not a cookie-cutter type hotel. I stayed on the 5th floor, a corner room which was spacious, and bed was comfortable. The people are very friendly at the front desk. I didn't know that there was a special rate for my trip but they let me know. The location was good enough. I don't know the area that well, but I was able to walk to couple restaurants to eat. I tried the room service also, which could have been better.. Only thing that bugs me again is that when I go to such a nice place, I really feel like wi-fi should be included. You have to pay for the wi-fi service, they have two different price, one to basically so you can check emails, and you need to pay more if you want to watch any videos.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments give us an opportunity to measure our service and hospitality delivery and address any issues you may encounter. In regards to the Wi-Fi charges, should you book through our listing on TripAdvisor or through our website using the WKINT code you are guaranteed our best available rate and complimentary Wi-Fi. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back should your travels return you to Dallas.