“Nice hotel”

Warwick Melrose - Dallas
Ranked #13 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

In town for a family wedding --- great clean hotel... loved the library bar... the landmark hotel for breakfeast was great.... Nice touch was a shuttle to take you anywhere within 3 miles.

We escaped a huge snow storm in NY an added bonus..

Nice shopping and restaurants within waling distance

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathleen M
There are newer reviews for Warwick Melrose - Dallas

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight getaway. The hotel has lots of character because of its age but is up to date and current in its renovations. Loved the Library Bar! All staff was very helpful and courteous. Will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdtatum
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had just an average, normal room and it was so spacious. I love the lobby with the various seating areas. Ate in the hotel restaurant twice, and had room service several times. I would have to say I was impressed. I like the decor too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BlackNBlueBubbles
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Warwick Melrose. The rooms are very spacious and feel like a modern throwback to days gone by. You get everything that you expect from a good hotel. Also, the hotel bar is a very lively place and considered one of the "best hotel bars in America." There's live music every night and good service (albeit somewhat pricey.) The parking is valet only (no self-park) which is $24/night, but you get unlimited in-and-out privileges, and the car was curbside waiting for us each time I called down for it. You also pay for in-room wireless internet which in this day and age seems a bit out of place. The room prices are not cheap, but we were able to find a deal on one of the travel websites. All in all, this is a very good place to stay in a convenient location. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Each room is different, so if you have a preference it may help to call ahead.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbd44
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Beautiful historic Dallas hotel. Piano Bar, great location. One of the top Dallas wedding hotels. Event and Wedding Planner Bethany is THE BEST! In Turtle Creek and Uptown Dallas area close to North Park Mall ,Highland Park Village Shops and Albienats local Steak and Seafood Restaurant that is always busy with Excellent food quality and service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Florida O
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two (2) nights at The Warwick Melrose Hotel in Dallas January 8 & 9 2013. I was in town for a mixture of business and pleasure. The Melrose made it ll pleasure. I received a very good rate via the internet and was delighted with my king bedded room on the third floor. My view looked over the parking area, but with the trees of the landscaping breaking just above my window, I felt I was in a tree house. The room was considered a basic floor plan, but was surprisingly spacious! A nice alcove for the desk also provided a dressing room area. The bathroom was luxurious. Little things in a luxury hotel make a big, big difference in the comfort level and "homey" feel. Area rugs in the bath as well as nice amenities such as cotton balls, quetips and upgraded soaps and shampoos, as well as ample storage space made me feel like moving in.

Arriving at the hotel, I was warmly "we;comed home" by the valet attendant. Check in was quick and efficient while giving me an overview of the hotel, entertainment in the lounge, offering services of the house car if needed, and the offer of in house dining reservations.

The bellman escorted me to the room (309) and explained features, pointing out emergence exits, loction of ice machine (and he went and filled the ice bucket for me) and again explaining the lounge and dining options as well as the location of the workout facilities. Without exploring the hotel, I felt as though I was at home. It had been about five years since I had stayed here, and some updating/re decorating was noted. All very tasteful, modern, but retaining the character of this historic building.

During my stay I enjoyed cocktails in the Library Bar where live jazz is performed each night. Soothing, relaxing, a perfect spot to begin or end the evening, or in my case, BOTH! The Landmark restaurant has also received an updated look. Gone is the somewhat dated '80's Laura Ashley look-now replaced with a sharp contemporary vibe. The menu offers nice basic New American choices, but also include a Chef's tasting option. Fantastic. For a nominal amount, you may pair wines with each course. Service was friendly, attentive but not intrusive. The food was superb and very attractively presented. I did not want to depart, but the lure of a nightcap in the Library Lounge was too intoxicating not to return.

I waas very impressed with all the staff I had encounters with. I recognized several faces from the nearby Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. With that kind of pedigree, no wonder things run so smoothly here at The Melrose. Aimee in the bar was in control of the room, serving guests and welcoming like a hostess to her own cocktail party. David, the house driver, took me to a function at the nearby Anatole, explaining when he was off duty and the house car stopped. I got a ride back to The Melrose with a colleague. Later, I saw David checking out the lobby and lounge where he spotted me. He was officially off duty, but wanted to make sure I was back safe. I think he would have stayed waiting for my call to make sure I did not have to deal with a taxi. Very impressive. Later, I felt the need of a late night snack and called room service. The telephone was answered by Derek, the night manager. He took my order and personally brought it to the room, with in 15 min. Never has room service been so prompt in any hotel.

Reading some reviews, people comment on the price of valet parking. This is Dallas. The entire city is valet focussed. The charge is in line with other areas of the city and upscale hotels. If you do not waant to use valet, you probably do not belong in Dallas. For the price, my car was ALWAYS at the door waiting for me, without having to call. The valet attendant made sure I knew where I was going, bidding me a sincere fond farewell. I was back in DAllas the following week and the hotel was sold out so i had to regrettably stay elsewhere. I cannot wait for the opportunity to re visit the Melrose again. IT ws everything i wanted and expected, and then quite a bit more. Well done!

Room Tip: I do not think there is s bad room. However, a corner room would probably be extra nice. I was very...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose - Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, and those employees noted in your review. It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific exemplary employees our recognized in such a public forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to the the Warwick Melrose Hotel when your travels return you to our door.- Larry McAfee

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had our wedding reception at the Warwick in December and couldn't be happier with the experience. Everything was immaculate. Staff was professional and attentive. Guest rooms were spacious and comfortable. Food was AMAZING! I would definitely recommend to anyone considering having their reception at a high-end hotel in Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family