“A pleasant and perfect stay in Dallas”

Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Fort Worth, Texas
“A pleasant and perfect stay in Dallas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two (2) nights at The Warwick Melrose Hotel in Dallas January 8 & 9 2013. I was in town for a mixture of business and pleasure. The Melrose made it ll pleasure. I received a very good rate via the internet and was delighted with my king bedded room on the third floor. My view looked over the parking area, but with the trees of the landscaping breaking just above my window, I felt I was in a tree house. The room was considered a basic floor plan, but was surprisingly spacious! A nice alcove for the desk also provided a dressing room area. The bathroom was luxurious. Little things in a luxury hotel make a big, big difference in the comfort level and "homey" feel. Area rugs in the bath as well as nice amenities such as cotton balls, quetips and upgraded soaps and shampoos, as well as ample storage space made me feel like moving in.

Arriving at the hotel, I was warmly "we;comed home" by the valet attendant. Check in was quick and efficient while giving me an overview of the hotel, entertainment in the lounge, offering services of the house car if needed, and the offer of in house dining reservations.

The bellman escorted me to the room (309) and explained features, pointing out emergence exits, loction of ice machine (and he went and filled the ice bucket for me) and again explaining the lounge and dining options as well as the location of the workout facilities. Without exploring the hotel, I felt as though I was at home. It had been about five years since I had stayed here, and some updating/re decorating was noted. All very tasteful, modern, but retaining the character of this historic building.

During my stay I enjoyed cocktails in the Library Bar where live jazz is performed each night. Soothing, relaxing, a perfect spot to begin or end the evening, or in my case, BOTH! The Landmark restaurant has also received an updated look. Gone is the somewhat dated '80's Laura Ashley look-now replaced with a sharp contemporary vibe. The menu offers nice basic New American choices, but also include a Chef's tasting option. Fantastic. For a nominal amount, you may pair wines with each course. Service was friendly, attentive but not intrusive. The food was superb and very attractively presented. I did not want to depart, but the lure of a nightcap in the Library Lounge was too intoxicating not to return.

I waas very impressed with all the staff I had encounters with. I recognized several faces from the nearby Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. With that kind of pedigree, no wonder things run so smoothly here at The Melrose. Aimee in the bar was in control of the room, serving guests and welcoming like a hostess to her own cocktail party. David, the house driver, took me to a function at the nearby Anatole, explaining when he was off duty and the house car stopped. I got a ride back to The Melrose with a colleague. Later, I saw David checking out the lobby and lounge where he spotted me. He was officially off duty, but wanted to make sure I was back safe. I think he would have stayed waiting for my call to make sure I did not have to deal with a taxi. Very impressive. Later, I felt the need of a late night snack and called room service. The telephone was answered by Derek, the night manager. He took my order and personally brought it to the room, with in 15 min. Never has room service been so prompt in any hotel.

Reading some reviews, people comment on the price of valet parking. This is Dallas. The entire city is valet focussed. The charge is in line with other areas of the city and upscale hotels. If you do not waant to use valet, you probably do not belong in Dallas. For the price, my car was ALWAYS at the door waiting for me, without having to call. The valet attendant made sure I knew where I was going, bidding me a sincere fond farewell. I was back in DAllas the following week and the hotel was sold out so i had to regrettably stay elsewhere. I cannot wait for the opportunity to re visit the Melrose again. IT ws everything i wanted and expected, and then quite a bit more. Well done!

Room Tip: I do not think there is s bad room. However, a corner room would probably be extra nice. I was very...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to write such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, and those employees noted in your review. It is always rewarding to hear when we exceed our guests expectations, especially when specific exemplary employees our recognized in such a public forum. We look forward to welcoming you back to the the Warwick Melrose Hotel when your travels return you to our door.- Larry McAfee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had our wedding reception at the Warwick in December and couldn't be happier with the experience. Everything was immaculate. Staff was professional and attentive. Guest rooms were spacious and comfortable. Food was AMAZING! I would definitely recommend to anyone considering having their reception at a high-end hotel in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was the third Christmas and New Year that we had spent at the Warwick Melrose, where we stay at least three times a year. Christmas is a lovely time and the Melrose does a beautiful job in decorating the lobby - just right amount of festive feeling.

The hotel is well appointed although it is getting a little worn through age. However, maintenance is very good and they are able to keep up standards of cleanliness. Carpets along the hallways were recently refurbished together with new paint and wall treatments and some Texan paintings. This reflects the local flavour with an international feel. Rooms are very comfortable.

Service is always impeccable. From the time you are greeted by the cheerful and helpful valets when you drive up till the bellmen and reception and housekeeping. Everyone is polite, helpful and professional.

Obviously the leadership has much to be proud of. Malory from the front office has a great team - Brooke, Chris, Leon - always there for you when you need them.

Highly recommend a stay whether business or leisure. It is not downtown, but there is a shuttle service that can take you to Love Field Airport (DAL), downtown and most nearby places. Very convenient.

Room Tip: Corner suites are really nice as you get downtown views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chiahhwang
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wonderful weekend! Room was excellent, Staff was outstanding!! Restaurant food was very good and the serving staff personable, friendly, professional. Library bar and lounge was a relaxing and pleasant experience. The shuttle service was extremely efficient and Leon and Chris were very knowledgeable, helpful an courteous. Would we do it again? Whenever we can. The Warwick continues to be a fantastic experience for rest and relaxation!! We would have extended our stay, but it was SOLD OUT. That in and of itself speaks wonderfully about this grand hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel New Year's 2012. This is the best Hotel with spacious rooms, the beds are amazing and the food at this Hotel both in The Library and The Landmark was superb. The staff is so friendly and made us feel very welcome and comfortable during our stay. I highly reccommend staying here if you get the chance. Very Gay Friendly as well, being in the Oak Lawn area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stay in Dallas several times per year on business and with my family and stay at the Melrose whenever I can. The people are friendly and the service is great. The rooms are as nice as some hotels I stay in and pay twice the price. The property is a little out of the way but worth the drive and if you are flying from Love Field there is no better place to stay. The king rooms with adjoining double queens works extremely well for my family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We hosted our wedding reception and room block at the Warwick Melrose in December 2012. Everything was FABULOUS - the outstanding cuisine, guest accommodations, their on-site wedding coordinator's attention to detail, and the exceptional service from their friendly staff! We continue to hear rave reviews from our friends and family. Their exact words have been that this was the "best wedding they've ever been to!" We would highly recommend using this hotel for your next event or wedding. The Library Bar is our favorite uptown hot-spot! Be sure to stop by and try their Oh Ruby Ruby! martini...it's to die for!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family