“Lovely Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Edmond, OK
“Lovely Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for the weekend at this wonderful Hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. The room was fabulous and the Library bar beautiful. The Staff was attentive and helpful.

We indulged ourselves and stayed for Sunday Brunch. The food was excellent, beautifully prepared and more than we could eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Once again we decided to spend a weekend and New Year's in Dallas and stay at our favorite hotel, The Warwick Melrose. Everyone is helpful and courteous. We were greeted by courteous valets who offered to help with the luggage. The reservations staff arranged for our favorite room with amenities based on our previous requests of extra pillows and clean ventilation filters (asthma). The rooms are clean and the floor staff greets everyone with a smile. As an extra treat, the hotel manager sent to our room a complimentary plate of sliced fruit, cheese, and toast which was greatly appreciated. The Library is an inviting place for a snack or drink with a bar tender who knows how to balance the sometimes hectic pace. The fact that the staff has little turnover speaks volumns for management. I wish all hotels were as good as the Warwick Melrose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Usually, in my reviews, Its the hotel thats the issue, if there is an issue. Its more often about function, or amenities, rarely is it about staff. However in the case of the Warwick Montrose.. my gripe is 100% with staff. My car was lost, and I was given the key to someone else's car. The check in staff were solum and unfriendly and one actually wanted to argue that Fiji was in the Caribbean ( its 7,065 miles from Fiji to St Bart's). The in-room dinning person tried to talk me out of an additional order, because, from what I could tell, he didn't want to make a second trip. I LOVE THIS HOTEL, I have a great history with it (many fond memories), I love it's location, it's architecture, and it's history. But if they don't work on the dire state of their staff... Its gonna fail once again. So stay here, you'll love the place, but I've given it such a low rating so someone on the management side with sort out the dire staff issue!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JoshuaSims
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Warwick Melrose Hotel, Dallas. We appreciate the time your devoted at it assists us in our efforts to continually improve and address specific guest issues.

All of us at the Warwick Melrose strive to provide an enjoyable and relaxing guest experience and we were disapointed to learn you encountered many shortcomings during your stay. This is certainly not the type of service we base our reputation on, and I apologize for any inconenience or frustration this these problems may have caused you. I have reviewed your posting with all the pertinent department managers to adress all the items of your concern. We appreciate your business, and hope your travels return you to our door. Larry R. McAfee.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great hotel, friendly staff - the complimentary car service was great for short local trips to downtown Dallas. The Library bar was gorgeous with a live singer and great cocktails would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Burlington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is as good a hotel as I have ever stayed at. From the front desk check-in and greeting, to the great restored facilities, to the cleanliness of the rooms, to the service, to the overall experience, this one is right at the top.

The location of the hotel in Oak Lawn is very convenient if flying into Love Field--a straight shot down Cedar Springs Road for 3 or 4 miles. No turns after leaving the airport until you get to the valet parking lot behind the hotel. You also are able to reach the Stemmons Freeway easily (about a mile down Oak Lawn Drive).

The valet parking, while expensive, is well-staffed and prompt. Several times valets were observed sprinting to retrieve cars for patrons.

The front desk staff was very friendly and thorough at check-in. Service was, at every turn, superior. For instance, on one occasion, more towels were requested. They were delivered to the room in five minutes (at 10pm at night).

We had a Corner King room, which proved to be spacious and had a terrific view of the Dallas skyline (although Reunion Tower was slightly obstructed). Beds were super-comfortable. The bathroom was impeccably clean, and definitely has the styling of days gone by. This is not to say that the condition of the fixtures was outdated--quite the contrary. Minibar is available for those inclined to use it (we did not).

We did not sample any of the dining options (restaurant or bar). We did, however, have a pleasant surprise waiting for us in our room after dinner one night from hotel management in celebration of our anniversary.

The small exercise room is in the basement. It has basic equipment (treadmill, elliptical, bike, etc.). Headphones are provided for the built-in TVs. In addition, the hotel has the foresight to also supply ear covers for the headphones. There is the option of utilizing a local gym (Diesel) for a more extensive workout, but we did not look into that.

Security is also taken seriously here. One security guard was noted making the rounds on Saturday night, floor by floor, while one remained down in the lobby (near the bar area).

In short, this place is top-notch. I have no reservations whatsoever in fully recommending this hotel for anyone looking for lodging in the downtown or Oak Lawn area.

Room Tip: Hard to beat the Corner King (ask for a view)--sizable while slightly lower than the Suite rate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver/Lodo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a few days at a wonderful old hotel that has been totally refurbished. Excellent service, comfortable rooms, and a location that can't be beat. I would have prefered to park my own car but other than that I would give this grand old lady a five star rating. Definitely will stay at the Melrose the next time we are in Dallas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

They charged me more then $700 too much----I didn't know it until I checked my account after I returned home. They were told repeatedly how to bill this $700 but still charged the wrong account. I still have not had my money returned a week later.

There is a firehouse half a block away---the pumper and ambulance drove by the hotel with sirens blaring over and over ALL night long.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the same side as the firehouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family