“Felt like royality at this beautiful hotel”

Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Ranked #14 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Lubbock
“Felt like royality at this beautiful hotel”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We booked our reservations for the Warwick Melrose Hotel for several reasons, but the fact that we got a really good price during the March Madness promotion was just icing on the cake!

The lobby took my breath away . . . it ws so glamorous! The online pictures really don't do it justice! We were taking a small mini-vacation/long weekend visiting some family in San Antonio and then to Dallas to visit friends and go to the Dalllas Arboritum (since it was spring and the blue bonnets, tulips and cherry trees were suppose to be at their peak during this time--which it was, by the way). I wanted a really nice boutique hotel for our 1 night stay in Dallas; something a little romantic and special that we normally wouldn't get to stay at. The Warwick Melrose fit the bill to a "T"!

The friendly and helpful receptionist took extra time to locate just the perfect room (514) for us (I'd asked for one with a view). Room 514 was simply stunning! I loved everything from the view to the luxurious fabric to the glamourios dressing table in the spacious bath. Oh and don't forget the fluffy terry robes in the closet! On a functional aspect--I appreciated the writing desk with outlets neatly hidden away, the internet service (it wasn't free, but still fairly reasonable priced and easily assessiable), to valet and bellhop.

We had room service the following morning for breakfast before heading out to the Dallas Arboritum and it was quick and tasty (we filled out the door hanging request the night before, choosing the time we wished to have breakfast served--like on a cruise). I personally really liked this feature as it allowed us to eat at our leisure and convienence.

Over all a wonderful and memorable trip and a fabulous hotel that I would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
texas
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is an old world renovation and quite lovely. Staff and services were top notch (front desk, bellman, valet and room service)...our only (minor) complaint is that our suite was a connected suite to another room (or suite-we don't know) and the accoustics between the two suites (a not very tightly fitted older door) allowed us to overhear the next door party as though they were almost in our sitting area! Thankfully, they were moderately voiced and the door that separated our sitting area from the bed and bathrooms did close off the sounds of next door; but next time (and there will be a next time as otherwise we loved it hear!), we will ask about this when we book our room.

Room Tip: see our review regarding connecting rooms
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Gorgeous hotel! spacious rooms! I stayed here for a wedding i attended, and it was absolutely beautiful. The breakfast is fabulous! All the staff is friendly and very helpful! Had the best time ever at this hotel... I will be staying here again!

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here for a bachelor party and the room sizes were great for a little pre party action and everything was super clean! Had the Salmon Benedict for breakfast and even though I live in Seattle it was the best I've ever had!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I go to this hotel every year for my Anniversary. The rooms are great, the staff is wonderful and very attentive. I love the hotel bar "Library". Everything about this hotel is classy. You will not be disappointed. You are close to everything in the city. Courtesy car took us to our restaurant. I would recommend this hotel over and over again.

1 Thank davisb2900
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Traditionally elegant and charming. Rooms are spacious, ceiling fans, very comfortable beds, quality bedding. All staff is friendly. Library Bar is wonderful, like the Algonquin in NY.

Room Tip: Corner king room are spacious and charming
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carmen M
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Love the cieling fan in the room.
Old world charm and true Texas warmth.
Stayed there on business for 3 days, enjoyed every one of them.
My daughter stayed with me and used the coutesy car to sightsee Dallas.
Class act and classier staff.
Food was fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor in a double. Nice view and above any street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business