“Good alternative in Dallas”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #14 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Hong Kong
“Good alternative in Dallas”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Booked to stay for 2 nights at the end of August, a Saturday and Sunday. Valet and check-in were courteous and efficient. The (upgraded) room was spotless and well presented, as you would expect. The decor not really to my taste, but nicely done.
On the Saturday, the bar and restaurant were packed to capacity, but a nice buzz. Much quieter on the Sunday of course. Overall comment on the restaurant would be that the space itself is comfortable enough, nothing special. Food on the Saturday was presented stone cold. It was rectified, but who let the plate go? Sunday was much better, possibly due to less pressure on the kitchen. Not being a fan of Dean Fearings restaurant or food, I would say this looks like a step up.
There is a small pool area which is quite private and secluded - except for aircraft directly overhead every couple of minutes. I gave up after about half an hour.
In short, a pleasant stay and a great alternative to the factory hotel chains in the Dallas area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I booked a night at the Mansion just for a quick getaway. Having read the reviews, I was expecting a lot and was not disappointed! Service is impeccable, the hotel is clean and decorated nicely. I enjoyed the pool area, it is small, but is clean and well maintained. The room and bathroom were also very nice. The only odd occurrence was while we were getting ready for dinner (and I was not fully dressed!) we recieved a knock on the door, before we even realized it, the doorknob was turning. I quickly yelled "we're still in here!" but the person continued in anyway and having nowhere to go, I actually hid myself behind the drapes! Luckily my husband intercepted the person in the hallway so I didn't flash anyone but it was absolutely horrifying. I was annoyed that the person kept coming in even though we shouted that we were still in the room, but since he was delivering a hand written note and a delicious pastry from the manager I got over it...Anyway, lesson learned! Always lock the chain lock when you're in the room!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Mansion on Turtle creek this august and to my suprise it was during restaurant week. I managed to get a reservation in the very well remodeled new dinning room, luxury and service everywhere the room was alive with excitement. We had the three course menu with an amazing water melon salad and a slightly less amazing squash soup. Main course was a crawfish stuffed chicken thigh accompanied by a warm salad of potatos spinach and tomato and the sauce.. to die for. She had a corn and spinach ravioli on a crawfish red sauce, which tasted 100% better then it sounds. Deserts were equally impressive and of all the restaurant week establishments I've been, this is my top choice. I will certainly be coming back for dinner. As for the chef Bruno Davaillon, love the accent, he couldn't be a nicer gentlemen. We thank the Mansion for making this night unforgettable.

• Stayed August 2010
memphis, tn
Reviewed August 15, 2010

my husband and i met another couple at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek for the weekend of July 10, we stayed 2 nights. We wanted to do some shopping and check out some good restaurants in Dallas. This hotel was great. The staff was so professional and classy. Even the bellhops and valet guys were very mature and kind. The hotel has a great restaurant which we did not get to try for dinner but we ate breakfast there both days. The second day we asked for our checks and the staff told us not to worry about it and said they enjoyed having us and gave us our breakfast for free. Have you ever heard of such? We were so delighted. It was a very nice touch. We enjoyed the bar at the hotel as well. The bartenders specialize in creating and perfecting exotic drinks. The Dallas Diva Martini was fabulous but i highly recommend the violette martini, which is made with Creme de Violette. I have never had anything like it before. The bar is a "must do". We also enjoyed the iced lattes available in the afternoon in the lobby. When we go back to dallas we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Took a trip with a college friend after we graduated to escape ''real life'' and all the responsibilities of being an adult! We had a fun girls' weekend shopping at Neimans and riding around in the hotel's limo. The staff was really nice about offering places to go for dinner and tourism. I think they were more used to older people or families, but they still helped a lot with navigating an unfamiliar city. The car service was SOOO helpful! The trip was pricey but they pampered you well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
gulfcoast florida
Reviewed August 5, 2010

On a recent visit to Dallas, we opted to stay at The Mansion on Turtle Creek so that our stay would be more relaxing and enjoyable. In fact, it was. I believe that they are considered to be a special place because of their extremely discreet and personalized service. Although we had some mix ups at the restaurant (which they compensated for),
the hotel experience was spot-on. I cannot say eenough about it!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed two nights. Everything was grand. Service was exceptional and I would highly recomend this property. I was not a fan of the restaurant, but that did not take away from a great stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple