“Really nice hotel!”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #14 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. It was a great hotel--our room had a queen sized bed with a seperate little area with a couch and TV. We also had some french doors that opened to the outside, but we didn't walk out there (if you could). We arrived in our wedding attire after our 3:00 wedding (around 6:00) and he had already checked us in and put our stuff in the room. We had our bags taken to the room and we were escorted there also. The bathroom was very nice and so was the room. The bed was so comfortable--my husband said that people who stay there often order the beds to have in their own homes! He got a discounted price by going to an online site instead of paying $600 at the hotel. We walked around a little the next morning, but didn't get to see much or enjoy the restaurant. When we checked out, they said, "We'll see you on your one year anniversary." I thought that was a cute little touch. Nice hotel. Expensive, but nice.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2007

Our second stay here...elegant, quiet, very comfortable room. The staff is attentive and ready to serve. We had a delicious breakfast in the beautiful pavillion. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2007

We spent three nights at the Mansion hotel and could not find fault with ANYTHING!!! We travel a great deal, and stay in five star resorts and hotels, and our overall experience was as good as any hotel anywhere. The staff is so friendly and helpful, and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. Our room (deluxe) was so well planned, lots of storage space, esp. in the bathroom. Even though the hotel is 25 years old, everything is as fresh and lovely as when it opened (and we stayed there then, too). It is very close to downtown, and the great shopping and antique stores, yet very residential feeling, and our room was quiet as a tomb and the bed incredibly comfortable. We had room service, cocktails and several meals, all were superb. Their dining room and bar remind you of a beautiful European hotel. Highly recommend!!! Esp. for a special occasion, or entertaining clients as we were.

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed November 6, 2006

I stayed at the Mansion while doing a site visit for a conference we are going to have in early 2007. I must say that the hotel itself is charming, quaint, and just has a good energy around it. I checked in without incident and the staff was cordial, but not overly friendly. I went to my room on the 6th floor and found it to be well appointed and comfortable. When I am on these site visits, I like to get as much privacy as possible, while still scoring on things such as turn down service, room service, etc. I called room service to satisfy my sweet tooth and the brownie pie a la mode was excellent. One thing, I am an iced tea drinker...I loathe the flavored teas, so be sure to ask for regular ol' Lipton if you order iced tea otherwise you'll get whatever flavor of the day they have. I did get a note under my door from the general manager welcoming me (that's standard with site visit guests) and also a note from housekeeping that they tried to do turn down service, but I had the do not disturb sign up. The shower and toiletries were excellent, the room was well cleaned. Now cut to me the next morning (wake up call service was right on time and with the 3 telephones in a standard room, I was sure to find one within reach when they called) and my legs and feet itched like crazy. Upon investigating I found tons of little bites on my legs and feet, I was disgusted and oh so itchy. I debated whether or not to tell the front desk. I decided to tell them, so I asked for the manager and the "front desk supervisor" came over and I was embarassed to have to tell them, especially with other patrons standing around me, but I had no choice, so I told the lady and she immediately went to get the manager. She asked if I wanted some benadryl and I declined saying it would make me drowsy, but that some cortizone would probably help. I had the cortizone within five minutes of my request, so I had every manager in the hotel apologizing and looking mortified that I had, had that experience. Other than that, the hotel was just lovely and beautiful. I did get an email stating that EcoLab was sent up to my room and didn't find any bed bugs or anything, yet the proof on my legs and feet was evidence enough to me that some creepy crawly critters were there in my bed or on the couch or in the carpet with me. Mary at the Concierge desk was very polite and knowledgable. She called ahead to Patrizio's to make sure I had a table when I got there. A couple of things I didn't find appealing were: 1. There is no shuttle service from the airport so you must hail a taxi (about $60 with gratuity) and 2. The gentleman driving the townecar seemed on edge and irritable, not with me but with life...it made me feel uneasy. He got me to where I was going safely, so I guess it doesn't matter about attitude necessarily. Overall it was a nice hotel, and I know they do desserts good, and breakfast was tasty as well. Try the french toast!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank amywynn217
Reviewed August 30, 2006

I just spent two days in Dallas and had a great experience at the hotel. Certainly the room decor could be a little fresher and the food was not upto their reputation-but the service and staff are top notch.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank parcvue
Reviewed August 12, 2006

We stayed here en route to Las Vegas from London - thinking we may as well see Dallas rather than just the airport in transit. We booked "escape to luxury" rooms for 3 nights- described as Premier King-450 Sq Ft-marble Bath-garden Tub-Sitting Area-french Doors-private Balcony.

The only disappointment was that the description lost something in translation. from American to English, e.g ..."garden tub" does NOT mean a plunge pool, but apparently a larger than average bath tub (firmly fixed in the bathroom) and thef rench doors don't lead to an outdoor sitting area, but to a teeny weeny balcony. HOWEVER, having established that this was what we'd paid for, we relaxed and the iced teas/ coffees and brilliant service more or less made up for the shortcomings in the room and our initial shock at seeing the average size rooms, rather than the splendour and private garden we'd expected.

What makes the place is the staff-the concierge gave a great dinner recommendation, and the complimentary drivers as well also took us around the nicer area of Dallas- the free limo is a real boon. The pool area, whilst small, does have sufficient sunbeds to accomodate all that wanted to sit there, and the service and mojos there again superb. All in all a very nice stop over en route to other US cities, and we found the whole Turtle Creek area charming - a great breakfast in the hotel and also (at 1/4 price) in a nearby cafe, BreadWinners that's a pleasant 1/4 hour stroll away. Not sure I'd pay any more for the more expensive rooms given the limited amenities than the price we paid for our room (c 350$ /night) given grounds non existent, and size of pool, but notwithstanding this the hotel has a charm of its own, and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank fussy
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Mansion on Turtle Creek following our wedding. Our suite was luxurious, the staff and service was wonderful, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotel! From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel special and welcome. We look forward to returning here in the future, and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2004