All reviews patio room room service four seasons french doors small balcony turn down service car service the entire staff luxury hotel little things beautiful property visiting dallas sitting area dallas hotel valet parking fitness center love field
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2019

Check-in was first class--meeting us at the door and taking us up to the room to answer any questions. The view from the room was of the HVAC equipment and we later discovered that there was no hot water. After some investigation by the maintenance staff he showed up with the key to a room across the hall and suggested we move there. No bellman or front desk staff showed up to assist us in the move which took a little time since we had already unpacked everything. The maintenance man was extremely helpful though and even moved our hanging items to the new closet. Up side--the view over the pool and lawn was much more pleasing! The water issue was due to the renovation construction that is on-going--even on Saturdays! Trying to nap to the sounds of a jackhammer overhead on Saturday afternoon was not ideal. I suggest you wait until construction is completed (sometime in September we were told) if you want to have the true mansion experience. They offered to waive the valet parking as compensation for having to move rooms but in checking the bill later we realized they had actually ended up charged us for it anyway.

Date of stay: March 2019
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear Its_on_my_list_2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. It is clear that your stay was not up to the standards to which we hold ourselves. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss how we may make amends. Until then, I remain at your service.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We splurged on this hotel for a romantic getaway and from the pictures, looked absolutely breathtaking. However, was quickly disappointed after stepping inside. The decor is in much need of a makeover. I would give 5 stars if i was rating on service alone as was impeccable. They even gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne and pecan cookies which were very nice! However, when paying this price for a room, it was not up to par or in line with competition. The bedroom was a nice size and the bed quite comfy, but the bedside tables had rings all over them and the lamps were really dusty (and I’m not even one who usually notices those things). The bathrooms are extremely outdated and had mildew around the nozzles in the bathtub and the mirrors are cracked at the top and look filthy. I was also excited to use the nice waffle robe but when I put my hands in the pocket, found a used Kleenex. In order to keep up this price point, this issue needs to be addressed ASAP in my opinion. Thank you Rosewood Mansion for the great service but please, please focus on the level of cleanliness and remodel those bathrooms.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RosewoodDallas, Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear Lisa K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and I am truly disappointed that we failed to exceed your expectations as it relates to the room cleanliness and condition of the room. Please note that we are actively addressing all your concerns. I hope to regain your confidence and goodwill.

Please feel free to call on me directly at 214.443.4774. Thank you and I remain at your service.
Megan Incrocci | Rooms Division Manager
megan.incrocci@rosewoodhotels.com

Reviewed March 26, 2019

For what they charge I could not believe how old and dated the rooms are. In the bathroom where a wall phone or some other device was removed the wallpaper was obviously patched in and curling off the wall. The plumbing fixtures in the bath/shower were not even flush with the wall, and it took forever to get any hot water. Hundreds of gallons of water were wasted during my stay. I now understand why locals say if you stay at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, you will leave with a thorn in your side. I could not rate my stay with there because they did not have a zero on their ratings scale.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Quest00573473287
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear Quest00573473287,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. It is clear that your stay was not up to the standards to which we hold ourselves. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to discuss how we may make amends. Until then, I remain at your service.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2019

I had booked a two night stay at the hotel (where we had stayed before) to visit my son this April. Unfortunately, a family emergency came up and I had to change my travel plans and visit my son on a different date. I called and spoke to the Manager Keone Israel and asked if it was possible to change the date of my stay. I acknowledged that I knew the rate was non refundable but asked if he could at least give me credit for the two nights I had prepaid and I would gladly pay the incremental difference for the current higher nightly rate. He said it was not possible and did not seem the least bit interested in trying to find a solution. This seems like very poor customer service as I was willing to pay the additional amount so the hotel would be made whole. In a final attempt I asked if they would at least consider giving me credit for just one night and I would pay the incremental increase and they again showed no effort to provide a compromise. I checked their website and the hotel had available on the night I requested and can not comprehend how they could not try and find a compromise. I plan to visit Dallas to see my son but can no longer recommend the Mansion on Turtle Creek.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Amalfi_Travel

Dear Amalfi_Travel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to lean more about your experience. Until then, I remain at your service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2019

I had booked a prepaid reservation here for a weekend to visit friends in the area. Wound up needing to go out of town that weekend for personal reasons and needed to alter the dates of my reservation. I went to the hotel in person to ask if there was anything I could do to change the dates such as a rescheduling fee etc..
Upon arriving I was unaware of valet parking on a Monday mid afternoon so self parked ( there were no cars in the parking lot). The valet came up to the car and rudely told me it was "Valet Only" after I had already turned my car off. I just handed him the keys and walked inside. The doorman was silent, not even a smile.
Walked up to the front desk after receiving looks as if I didn't belong there. I have NEVER felt more uncomfortable walking into a hotel in my life.
I asked the concierge if there way anything I could do and he responded back with the most scripted unaccommodating answer I have ever heard. Didn't even try to have compassion for my situation.
I have stayed at the mansion before, and I have no intention of returning after this incident. If the staff is going to make me feel uncomfortable and not at least even try to understand my situation and make a half-way attempt to see what they can do for me, their is a major lack in customer service. My money can be better spent elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mkayb2019
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Dear Mindy (Mkayb2019),

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very disappointed to learn of your experience and I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more. Please contact me at andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com. Until then, I remain at your service.

Kind Regards,