“the best place to stay in Dallas”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
“the best place to stay in Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have stayed and worked at the best hotels in Paris, this is nearing the same.
I would stay here anytime, thank you so much for the best service. Great Food with no problems
Close to everything a nice walk along kathy`s trail

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stayed at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek while visiting DFW for work. The wife came with me and she shopped around to find this place. Very beautiful setting on the creek. They have a five star restaurant on site, valet parking, and the location is very close to a jogging trail that my wife used while I was in meetings. There is a short walk to a few local bars and diners, and there is a CVS Pharmacy a short walk away. Easy access to IH-35 and gas. it was very quiet and cozy during our few days, and I enjoyed it.

Valet: Beware the valet fills up pretty quickly depending on the day of the week. We found Thursday to be more busy. The restaurant is also jumping on thursday as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike G
Moree, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We arrived from Australia and they were very helpful and we found them to remember our orders of drinks etc The meals were great breakfast and dinner, they also had a car to take you down town and out for dinner at night. We will be staying here on our next trip to New York .

Room Tip: I think they would all be good we had a joining one with our daughter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sue s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here because we had come to dallas to see the opera. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Everything was first class. The restaurant is delicious for dinner and breakfast. The bar had a jazz band on Thursday night that was so good we stayed an extra hour. The drinks in the bar were so tasty that when we got back to our room we ordered two more from room service. I have absolutely no complaints. It is pricey, but worth it.

Stayed August 2014
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Let me begin by saying that we have stayed there since the early 90's, the staff at the hotel were excellent!! Starting with Daniel the Concierge, great great service he provided, as were the valets and front desk staff.
Having said that, the room was looking very "used" we had a patio room, the exterior door was crack, split and weathered, the patio was nothing special--the room was clean but smelled musty--the wallpaper in the bathroom was coming off the wall, and the grout in the tub was gaping in several places--never could get the MP3 docking station to work.
The bar has become like a younger crowd to hangout--what was appalling, since the Mansion labels itself as a 4-5 star facility--the bartenders poured a "lite" pour not quite a jigger, and dress code is no more, there were younger men wearing baseball caps backwards and cutoff blue jeans--hardly what I expect from the Hotel
Lastly the restaurant--I can only say that the meal was very very over priced.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Steve W,

Please accept my apologies for the lapse in service and condition of your room. We will address the items you pointed out including the patio door, bathroom wallpaper and grout. I am disappointed we were unable to take care of these items during your stay or at the very least offer you another room.

I have shared your concern about the light pour and the dress code with our Bar Manager. Our dress code is “smart casual” and I apologize it was not enforced during your visit. We hope to welcome you back to the Mansion for a better experience in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally for assistance.

Regards,

Andrea Gates | Managing Director
andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com
214.520.5858
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed in many fine hotels in many cities. This one is hard to beat. The difference is their complete attention to detail. Great service. Great food at restaurant and rooms service. Very clean and comfortable rooms. A feeling that you are at home versus in a big sterile mega hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

we stayed at The Mansion Turtle Creek this last weekend for a "staycation" something we have done for years during the summer to beat the heat. We always have been very pleased with the service, rooms, restaurant & food. We checked in on Saturday to hit the pool. My son said an hour after us swimming "mom, your hair is green!" Not just a little hint of green but very bright lime green. We left the pool and I went to wash it. No results. I told the waitress at the pool and she didn't seem concerned. We did go to dinner that night at the amazing restaurant (very good by the way). I had to pull it up in a bun to hide the ends and since this had never happened to me before I still thought I could get some special shampoo the next day to wash it away. On Sunday we went back to the pool (this time I didn't get my hair wet) I told another blond that was swimming to beware. She kept hers in a hat but one strand got wet and BOOM it turned Green. The pool waiter was kind regarding it and told the front desk who brought me and the other blond a bottle of Ultra Swim to our room three hours later. I washed my hair 3 times with the entire bottle. It did help but still didn't take it all away. Tuesday I made an appointment with the salon and had 3 inches of my locks cut off and the rest bleached. We have reached out to the manager to worn her to check the pools chemicals. Still no response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank hwood22
Dear hwood22,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the trouble you experienced. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and it would be very helpful if I might speak to you. Please contact me at your convenience.

Andrea Gates | Managing Director