“Great Accommodations & Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #3 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Accommodations & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stay here pretty frequently when visiting Dallas. The service is exceptional and the staff very attentive. My favorite thing about Rosewood is it's proximity to the Katy Trail - one of the best places to catch a run in Dallas.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BryanVincent V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
silicon valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was aware of this property from friend who had stayed many years ago.We were attending a conference all the way at Texas Star golf course but wanted to stay somewhere unique and historic.We drove 20 min each day and would do it again in a heartbeat.Lovely staff beautiful really elegant hotel great location.The concierge had great restaurant recommendations and the on property restaurant is in the former mansion with lovely period details and excellent food(but thankfully no dress code).All of the staff seem to enjoy their job and really want to make your stay great.There is a small but nice pool with terry covered lounges and a shaded area with tables.You are centrally located to shopping, museums and lots of great restaurants.There is also a house car hat they are generous with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio on the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank trevormom
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear trevormom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our historic restaurant and even found time to relax at the pool. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable and elegant one.

I hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek and Dallas soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

on a business trip I decided to check out this hotel. I was given a bottom floor room with balcony,great to eat room service on. The room was big and clean and restaurant great.if I go back to Dallas I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trader12345
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My very best friend and I spent a Girlfriend Getaway at the Mansion over 4th of July.....it was simply wonderful. The highly trained team was on top of everything! From the door staff to the bell staff, the concierge to the front desk, the bar to the restaurant, the pool to the guestroom - top notch! We had a spectacular time - and felt incredibly pampered. The proximity to the Katy Trail allowed us to take in some of the beautiful outdoors (and to make room for more of that delicious food) and the overall location made it easy to pop out and enjoy Dallas at any time of the day or night. The hotel's house car was an added benefit and small things like plenty of chilled complimentary bottled water made this a trip we will never forget!

Room Tip: Ask for a first level, pool view room....you can walk right out to the beautiful, serene pool!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alpharita A
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days here and slipped away into our own little world!

The service is incredibly personal from the valet to the front desk staff to the bartender. The rooms are beautiful. The location is superb. One of the best Dallas restaurants on site.

I really have no complaints!

The highlight of the stay- an afternoon spent at the pool by ourselves. Phenomenal service, lunch, and a relaxing read. No one but us and our server (at all the right times)!!!

We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying on the ground floor close by the pool entrance.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stoaks
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Stoaks,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am delighted to learn that you found your visit was relaxing and tranquil. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a memorable one.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a night. Staff service is exemplary. Polite, helpful, and happy to serve their guests. From valet to bellboy, reception desk, concierge, housekeeping , and pool attendants. A nice welcome of cold drinks at the reception and yummy cookies! Room was standard with 5-star amenities. Nothing extraordinary. Bed was very comfortable. We slept well. The extra little touches from the service staff made it a pleasant stay.

Restaurant was good. The halibut I ordered was excellent but my boyfriend's pork dish was not really that exciting. Wait staff movement (serving of food and changing of silverware) was a little hurried and needed a bit more refinement. But overall, it was a wonderful evening.

Will definitely stay at this hotel when visiting Dallas again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

5 Stars for Service and Food - Wow! Without a doubt, the staff treats you better than any Hotel or resort I have stayed at in my 31 years of similar travel. They make you feel welcome the minute you arrive - at home friendliness, wanting for nothing - a lot of small touches that meant so much to my Wife and I as well. The restuarant was fabulous - GREAT food, speciality Drinks, etc.- wonderful Kitchena dn Wait Staff - can't see how we would improve it. the Hotel is a different story - not much better than upper-scale Chains. Unfortunatey, the bed was old adn lumpy - some torn wallpaper in teh bathroom, so rust in the tub, etc. I know the place is old, but these little things detracted from what was a 5 Star weekend. Modernizing the room is an investment, but one that that is needed to synchronize with a consistent customer offering to the fabulous food and service.

Room Tip: we choose a patio room - not sure it mattered as the patio is not that private. Opt for a less expe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GDeiter
Dear GDeiter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that, for the most part, we were able to leave a lasting impression during your visit. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each of your stays is a memorable one.

I hope you will accept my apologies that the room appearance was not satisfactory during your recent visit. We always try to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short on this point.

I hope to welcome you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.