“Wonderful night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate in the wine cellar. Great atmosphere. The food matched. The service was very good and we had individual service. The wine list was very good. The selection was made by our hosts. I can highly recommend

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our experience was what you would expect from a luxury hotel. Fantastic!! Great Staff. I had booked a room on Hotel.com BUT I looked down at it and it was for the wrong date! We had a wedding in two hours to attend and no correct reservation! Not only was Yae Lim Noh calm and collected but helped me cancel my on line booking and booked us a beautiful suite at the Mansion for the evening! Everything was perfect! We will definitely come back but will book my room directly from the hotel. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: We have stayed a few times and have enjoyed the upper floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel - it was like stepping back in time to a different age..... but in a good way! Excellent food and superb standard of service. The Spa and pool were a high light of our stay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. Lovely rooms, great service, delicious food. Highly discrete and very efficient and proactive in making my stay amazing, the service was truly exceptional. There is great music at the bar if you are in the mood for a lively evening and the outdoor terrace for breakfast and dining is lovely, if you choose a more relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet and have the view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
glen ellyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great cocktails in the bar. Delicious food in the restaurant. The rooms are nice and well kept. The staff is helpful and solicitious. The pool area has great landscaping, so one can sit in the shade of a tree and get a bit of relief from the hot Texas sun. And yes, this is a very expensive property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Shreveport, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was looking forward to a magic weekend at the famed Mansion on Turtle Creek. Quickly greeted by the valets and taken to the check-in desk. Although the room was booked one-month prior...for a king bed, I was told that a king bed was NOT available as booked. After much discussion, they offered me a king bed for one night IF I WOULD MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM the next day. Really, is this the luxury that they are selling? Again, I expressed my displeasure with the situation and was finally offered a king room. I went to the room and was so disappointed with what I found. Tired, dated furnishings and the room smelled so musty. Did I mention that the room backed up to the elevator? I went back to the front desk and they told me that this was the best that they could do as they were fully booked for the weekend. I was so disappointed as I had always heard good things about the Mansion. I guess this was a beautiful property...in the 1980's.

I quickly checked out and went to my old stand-by hotel, the Melrose where I was well cared for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank lachoirboy
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear lachoirboy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and to ensure that each visit is a pleasant and memorable one. By reporting the issues you experienced during your stay, you have helped us enhance the reputation that we strive so diligently to uphold.

I hope you will accept my apologies that the room décor and availability were not satisfactory during your recent visit. Please know that these issues have been reviewed with the appropriate managers and steps have been taken to prevent this from happening again. We always try to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities and I am very disappointed that we failed on this occasion.

We hope you will give us another chance soon, and please contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.

Kind regards,
Andrea Gates
Managing Director
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

On our first breakfast in the adjoining restaurant, I looked at the menu and saw coffee at the price of $10. Paris prices. The Rosewood is well up on the expensive side, but it is a first class hotel in every way. We arrived late on our first night and were shown to our room only to find it was on a smoking floor (not what we requested). Our bellman and the front desk were able to smoothly and quickly move us to an acceptable and comparable room. We had a king suite with a small balcony. We were there for a wedding and got to see the bridal suite, which is huge and opens onto the ninth floor deck. The rooms were very nice, but I have 2 quibbles. The televisions received the annoying cable setup you find in every hotel; a system in which you must continually scroll to get to the regular tv channels. And, worse, no free wi fi. I suppose in a hotel at these prices one shouldn't sweat the extra dollars for wi fi, but again, why not have free wi fi for your guests. It was an extra step, an extra payment that was unnecessary and out of step with the majority of hotels we've enjoyed.
Our bed was very comfortable and we stayed three nights, which is typically when my back starts yearning for the bed at home. The hotel is just nine stories and is quiet for the most part. Service by everyone on the staff was exemplary. Be prepared to tip for everything, because this hotel wants to wait on your every need. There's no self-parking, but valets whisk your car to you. There's a town car service available for the immediate area. There's no ice in the rooms, but the staff brings ice at early evening (cocktail hour). There's no coffee service in the room, and it requires a walk downstairs to get coffee from the front door coffee service. I would have preferred a coffee service in my room, to avoid that trip. The pool is on the small side and the courtyard around it is cramped, so don't go for the pool. The ground floor rooms below us had small terraces and I would have liked that; i'll ask for those if i return. In our experience, the hotel was a wonderful venue for the wedding. The wedding party shot photos on the grounds, we held the wedding on the roof top deck and the reception was in the ballroom below. The food was excellent in every case. The congierge staff were gracious and quick to recommend nearby restaurants when that was our need.
Overall, a very relaxing and comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor room with a terrace. or an upper floor room that does not overlook the parkin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Downtown Dallas
The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas
#20 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 stars 543 reviews

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!