“Great hotel and location. Suites are great.”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #15 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of my clients set me up in the Presidential suite in the hotel (room 706). It had a nice kitchen, living room, dining room, and separate bedroom, as well as a piano. While I didn't stay very long in the room, it was comfortable and the bed was cozy. Bar downstairs is great, and they had a band playing. While I missed the breakfast brunch, I was down there early and breakfast was very good. Overall service at the hotel was pleasant and attentive. When I need a non-allergenic pillow, it showed up to my room 5 min later. I will definitely stay there when I am in Dallas again. Also, did a visit to the JFK spot downtown and highly recommend it. Prepare to spend at least an hour on the tour of the 6th floor book depository where Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK from the window.

Room Tip: 706 is the presidential suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg C

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Every wonderful thing I had heard about the Mansion was true...elegant, luxurious, (expensive, but worth it)! Service was gracious but not snooty. Food was delicious. Good location...easy to get to and in a quiet area not right downtown. Wonderful Italian bedlinens. There were just a couple minor things that could have been improved upon. Wallpaper in bathroom was starting to peel, less than great water pressure in the shower, sink stopper needed some adjustment, and one of the limited edition art prints had come loose and was crooked it in its frame.

Room Tip: I doubt that there are any "bad" rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PamelaN250
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We believe our stay of excellenc-from the immaculately appointed private residence,to the restaurant's unsurpassed cuisine.The look is European tradition yet totally American in style and very special ambiance.The restaurant has the comforting look and feel of a gracious home.Also the Italian tiles,pink marble,carved fireplace,stained glass windows,inlaid wooden ceiling are still an intergral part of the design.Attentiveness to every detail,to every comfort,a standard of grace,manner,style,is paramount throughout Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.To each and every one overall staff assistance and superb ability to ensure our stay was exciting.We know often come back for a graious stay.

Room Tip: Our special suite ground floor with patio door and pool step.s away. So wonderful location to enjoy!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marvyn T
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a very charming hotel. I agreed with the other reviews that give this place an excellent rating. It is highly recommended if one is in the mood of splurge. The ambience is nice, staffs were extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone tries to make you feel welcome. I like the entrance to the lobby in particular. Small but cozy lobby, with biscuits, fruits and hot apple cider served all day. My complaint, $26 valet charges daily,no free Wifi as well as quality of the pillow. Since the location is quite remote, car is quite a necessity if one use this place as a base to explore Dallas and surrounding. If one added up the valet charges and the tips when you have to get the car in and out, it all adds up. For the price we paid, I would also expects free WIFI, it would have a nice touch to the guests. Lastly, the pillow is so soft that I hurt my neck, unless I stack up all the 3 pillows to support. Bed was comfortable enough, if not for the soft pillow, my sleep would be wonderful. The only meal I had was a hosted dinner and it was really good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RRla
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed two nights for husband's business and loved it. Stayed in room 702 ... Condition of room was outstanding. Step out balcony was an added plus. Bathroom was clean clean and well appointed. Breakfast .... both room service and in the Mansion Restaurant was excellent. Recommend the Eggs Benedict. Health Club was small but adequate. Water, earphones and apples were provided. Hotel Staff ..... 5 stars .... Friendly and helpful. Only complaint ..... charged for WiFi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RozeMary
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a romantic weekend in Dallas, a first for that city. The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek was hubby's idea and it was a hit with me as well.

The approach to the hotel was a bit tricky but then Dallas itself is quite tricky with all the road work downtown. When you get to the driveway, you get a sense of the tiny footprint of this building. Valets are a must. Still, we were greeted with gusto, several people charged the car and got us in hand prontissimo.

The lobby is understated in both form and function. I've seen Holiday Inns with more space. There is also a restaurant that is difficult to find. One must go to the bar (which is crowded, dark, and noisy at night) and push on through the tables to the door on the other side. If you wish to meet guests for the restaurant, keep in mind that you may not spot them right away.

The public areas of the hotel are clean and quiet outside of the bar. The rooms, however, are stunning! "All the comforts of home" actually means something in this place. I would gladly spend all the rest of my days in the room we had.

The dimensions of the room are really generous. A king size bed fits with room to spare. The seating is a comfortable for curling up with a good book.

The bathroom is where they really spent the money. The soaking tub would fit a football fullback with room for his honey at his side. And they could both shower together as well. The glass walls of the shower are a couple inches thick and the tiled base is quite attractive. Very impressive.

At the restaurant we elected to have the "tasting menu" with wine pairings. Allow me to interject here that it is almost never a good idea to do these "tasting menus". The notion is that an expert chef is making a small amount of his best pieces so that you get a fuller meal, i.e., more selections. But less is really NOT more in this case. Having given it a half dozen tries in a number of restaurants, I can honestly say that EVERY TIME I had it, it was too little food. And even though each tasting is just a little amount of food, any amount that you don't like is too much food. I tried caviar for the first time and it wasn't something I would try again. On the other hand there was a souffle of cauliflower that was excellent but only two tablespoons of excellent.

The wine pairings, however, were stupendous! Really wonderful! And though the portions of these wine samplings are supposed to be fairly small, the waitress poured with a generous hand. Yummy! And smart! A well lubricated patron is a happy patron.

Room service was well done too. If you're looking for a romantic
weekend, this is an excellent choice!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade your choice of room. Luxury is the name of the game here so don't skimp. Barg...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Trish F
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in town for two days and a night, the service of hotel staff and condition of the property was outstanding. They helped with special arrangements for a birthday, recommended and made arrangements at a great restaurants, even drove us to/from dinner. Made us feel very welcome and special, we will definitely be back. We had the "escape" package (with breakfast) and although expensive was a special treat and worth every penny. Bravo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple