“Get a premier room or above”

Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Ranked #9 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
greensboro nc
“Get a premier room or above”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have loved the Mansion since it opened 30 years ago. And the service and outside are still fantastic. Sadly, the rooms and public spaces have been 'redone' and lost all charm and class that it once had. Worse, the lower rooms seem like caves with the new brown carpet.
The rooms now look much like a really nice Hilton, but certainly not on the scale of Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. I am so sorry that they tried to go a 'modern' look for such a beautiful, historic hotel.

Do not book a room in less than the Prestige category.. the lower rooms are noisy and smell like mold and must and even smoke. They are low ceilinged and dark.
The good parts.. the service is still divine and the food terrific.

Room Tip: Prestige level or above, nothing less
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Hershey, PA
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Seamless service from start to finish. I don't know how they do it, but the service is on par with any Four Seasons in the United States. I was most impressed that every staff member acknowledged me when in passing, and some even by name. The deluxe patio room was a good choice but unusable at night due to the streetlights, but a great place to relax in the daytime. The restaurant was a treat - great ambience, creative menu, flawless service, and definitely overpriced, but definitely worth it for the overall experience. Here's a tip for guests arriving by car and from out of town: the entrance is NOT on Turtle Creek Blvd. Enter from Gillespie street. Go figure. I would stay here again....and again.

Room Tip: First floor deluxe patio room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank Ryan.W
Louisiana
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Mansion was amazing in terms of service. There is literally nothing the they miss! I think that they may actually have mind reading skills in regards to how they seem to anticipate your needs! The restaurant is also very good! My husband and I are pretty picky when it comes to food and really enjoyed the meal as well as the wine that the sommelier suggested. The only slight negative was the room. It was very clean but it seemed lacking in in some way. I understand that it is an old hotel, but it just seemed a bit outdated though admittedly large. Not sure if it would have helped if we would have upgraded a bit, but for as nice of a hotel as it is, one would think that it would have had that something special. The reason that I gave it an average for room is that in this price range based on room only and not the other amenities, I believe that was the proper rating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a long overdue review. We stayed here for 4 days in 2009. We obtained an excellent value package through Luxury Link. This 5 diamond property is very good indeed from beautifully furnished suites, to incredible dining and gracious, attentive service. One cannot go wrong in choosing this exceptional property!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My little family booked a weekend at the Mansion for a much needed escape from reality. We chose the hotel based on its location initially and the fact that none of the reviews indicated any difficulties with noise as our last weekend excursion spent at a different hotel was nightmarish at best.

We booked an executive suite as we wanted a separate room for our child. The hotel emailed a questionnaire along with confirmation that allowed me to specify our need for a roll away bed as well as preferences for pillows, etc. This was really a nice touch as we checked in rather late the first evening and didn't have to worry about things being ready for us.

I could truly rave on and on about our experience, but I'll sum it up - the staff was very genuine and friendly and treated our son with respect rather than as a nuisance as we've experienced other places. In fact after we witnessed them treating him so well we went ahead and booked dinner at the Mansion Restaurant. The hotel desires to cater to your every need and will gladly provide you with 24 hour room service no matter where you are in the hotel. We ordered a giant midnight snack in the lobby one evening, and were so pleased with the ease of service.

I came away from our experience there feeling completely pampered and refreshed... Sincerely hope we get the opportunity to stay there again sometime. I wish every place I stayed was so accommodating... that is after all the point of being in that business I should think.

Room Tip: Look through the descriptions and pictures on the website. It was very easy for us to discern the t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank LLJ95
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek in a Premier Room for 3 nights on our first trip to Dallas for our honeymoon.

The staff were so welcoming and friendly from the moment we stepped foot into the hotel and from that moment onwards always greeted us by name. We were also given chocolate coated strawberries and iced tea on our arrival.

Our room was amazing – incredibly spacious, large bed and wonderful bathroom with beautiful amenities. The small things such as cotton wool and bath salts were a lovely touch. We were also given fresh bottles of water and ice each evening as part of the turndown service.

There’s a complimentary private car service that is able to take you anywhere within 5 miles – a wonderful service that was a nice bonus.

For those looking for a meal close by – we recommend the Katy Trail Ice House (has a great beer garden with lots of Texas beers) and Cafe Brazil (good coffee and great breakfasts) – both within walking distance from the hotel.

We absolutely loved our stay at the Rosewood Mansion – the friendly staff and beautiful settings will definitely ensure we stay there again if ever in Dallas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sherwood, Arkansas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

While I can't say that I'd stay here again (just because I'm not quite "ritzy" enough to do so) I did enjoy my likely once-in-a-lifetime stay at this five-star hotel. It gives you an idea of how the wealthy live. :) It's the little things that make a big difference... the fact that when you return to your room the bed is turned down, ice and water left, a delicious brownie awaits you along with a note from the room help with tomorrow's weather so that you can plan. Fine Italian linens drape the posturepedic bed (yes, we looked!) Each room has a large TV with DVD player, and the hotel keeps a library of DVDs for you to borrow. You can open the doors to your balcony and take in the fresh air. The hotel is, of course, elegantly decorated and the staff is abundant and available. I got a great deal on the hotel through one of the discount sites (you can get at least 30% off the regular room rate), and am glad that I got to feel like royalty for a night. :) If you'd really like to impress a gal, this would be the place to go. Be prepared with $25 for valet parking... which is mandatory unless you want to park a walk away on the street. And carry cash for all the people that help you at every turn. I would suggest dressing appropriately to stay at this hotel (I'd suggest no jeans) and definitely bring business attire if you plan to dine there.

Room Tip: All I know is that the fourth floor is deemed "the dog floor" according to another guest...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends