“needs updating badly!!”

Ranked #79 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Cooper, Texas
“needs updating badly!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel is extremely overpriced for what you get! Walking into the hotel is deceiving because the lobby is really nice must have been updated recently but they forgot about the rooms. When you get to your room that is another story!! It was so small and furnishings were so worn out. The bathroom was tiny , stains on the carpet. Not the greatest place. So many choices in that area I will try another hotel in the area not this one again! We stayed in a one bedroom suite, very small for a suite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Will A, Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Christine P,

Thank you taking the time to fill out a review. I'm disappointed to learn of the issues you had with your room. Our housekeeping team is working deligently to correct the issues with the cleanliness of our carpet throughout the hotel. Unfortunately, our bathrooms are the same size in all of our rooms.

Again, please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay. I hope that you consider us for a future stay and I will personally handle your accommodations.

Thank you for staying with us!

Will

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 17, 2014

High marks for Sheraton Suites Market Center

My wife and I arrived in Dallas to visit my daughter and her husband and enjoy the city. We spent two great days at the hotel - quick check in, clean and large rooms. My wife put her tooth-retainer in a plastic cup the first morning. When we returned that evening the maids had mistakenly threw the cup away with the retainer in it. Having an immediate vision of a Brady Bunch episode (digging through the trash from the dumpster) we made a request at the front desk to see if could be anything done.

Within 24-hours I got a response from Will, the property manager who is also responding to many of the messages here at TripAdvisor, and he worked with me to resolve the problem. The most important point here is Will immediately cared about the problem. As a 100K+ flyer for 8 years in business and part of a family who is lucky enough to travel the globe - the key point here isn't the problems, garbage mistakes or any inconveniences. Those items are part of the travel experience (obviously within reason).

Immediately addressing and resolving problems is the key point.

Will took ownership of the problem and help completely resolve it. Kudos to him, Sheraton and for Sheraton to empower their employees to make a difference with their customers.

I've stayed at various hotels on my 25 years in business travel and moving forward Sheraton will be at the top of my list. Definitely whenever I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank David S
Dear David S,

Thank you for your review. It was my pleasure assisting you regarding this situation and making sure it was resolved. This also was a topic of discussion with my housekeeping manager. It was an honest mistake. However, moving forward, we will make sure we take the proper steps to ensure this doesn't occur again.

We thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I called in advance to reserve my room with Expedia and Sheraton Marketplace and received a confirmation number (for my honeymoon). I requested 1 Non-smoking, King-Size Bed, Roll in Shower. Instead of simply saying "We Don't Have That Here, you should go to another hotel." The girls on the phone gave Me a Guarantee, (which I recorded) and confirmation #915683 . After showing up at 3 AM after driving 2 1/2 hours on top of a very long day (our wedding), we were informed that our requests is Just That "A Request." Not a Guarantee… Me and my Wife had to sleep in 2 separate beds On Our Honeymoon… Expedia and Sheraton Suites Marketplace refuses (after a month of disputing) to even return the money of the room. "We Reserved…" I will never use Expedia Or stay at a Sheraton ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Will A, Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Dray A,

Thank you for your review. I apoloigize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay with us. We you request a certain room type, you expect that when you arrive. This clearly didn't occur based on your comments. Again, please accept my apologies.

I hope that you consider us for a future stay and I assure you that you'll get the room you requested.

Will

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Reviewed July 9, 2014

First time around didn't like it. Second time loved it! So glad I gave this hotel a second chance. It's the only hotel in Dallas that I'm staying in from now on. The hotel rooms smelled good, very clean, great service.

• Stayed July 2014
Will A, Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear BeyonceConcert,

Thank you for your review and thank you for giving us a second chance! Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I really love this hotel. The suites are nice and spacious with all the modern decor! The staff is great and will do all they can to make your visit enjoyable. I love the bar area! I try to get this hotel everytime I go to Dallas. It is right off of I-35 and close to downtown.

The exercise room is very up to date and I love the swimming pool!

Room Tip: Ask for the two queen suite!
Green Features: I love the bath area! They are very conscientous about the environment! Re use your towel if possible and always tip the housekeeper!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear sandybrown1,

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel as well as our staff. Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to your next stay!!

Warm reagrds,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My family and I chose this hotel after the first one we booked turned out to be a huge disappointment. The Sheraton was awesome and much more pleasing. It had the luxury we were seeking for our vacay and the pool my son was looking for. We were very pleased!

• Stayed June 2014
Will A, Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Savymom74,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Hotel location and room are best of best for us. Service at front desk were excellent and she was very kind. I had no problem at all. If I visit Dallas again, I will definitely look for this hotel and to see her...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Inkyoung H,

Thank you for the positive feedback and 5-star review. It was truly a pleasure having you at our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us!