“Two night stay on business”

Sheraton Suites Market Center
Ranked #75 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Southampton, UK
“Two night stay on business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Clean, tidy and welcoming hotel. Rooms large and spacious with two televisions.

The restaurant wasn't the best I have seen and the cooked breakfast did appear to be greasy and unappetising. That aside, I would stay here again.

Did not use the leisure facilities, didn't have enough spare time, but they did look inviting.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank djcarlos2001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I ate in the restaurant numerous times for breakfast. The service was close to non-existent. The chef that would make eggs to order was only able to do one order at a time so the wait for something beyond the buffet was long. When you were asked if you'd like a cup of coffee, it was literal. They never came back to refill the coffee. I went in the evening for dinner. I was the only one in the restaurant. I had a steak which was one of the worst I've ever had. The texture was grainy and at $28.00 I expected better quality. I was bombarded by a fly that was not going to stop until it sat in my food repeatedly. Once again I ordered coffee and they never refilled the cup. As far as the hotel itself, they were well intentioned but often fell short. It took me repeated calls to housekeeping to try to remove the smoke smell from my room. The ozone machine didn't work. I ended up needing two organic scent removers to work at all. The tv's in the adjacent room couldn't get movies and after they replaced the tvs and tried reprogramming for several different days, they still didn't work due to a problem in the wall and it affected the rooms on the next floors. The hallways were smelly. I was there for 2 weeks and the good part was that the sliding doors opened and one could get fresh air. Honestly the hotel needs an refurbishing badly and some more adept service in the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynn K
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I came here a couple of days ago for a three-day stay.
The evening staff member who greeted us at the front desk was nice and provided useful info.
The lobby looked a little dated and worn as did the hallway to our room.
The room itself was average and worn as well. The bed was very comfortable and the shower worked great.
The lounge (if you have Starwood status) offers a decent breakfast (very tasty eggs) and has a well-stocked refrigerator.
While the hotel is average, it is very close to downtown and some good restaurants/bars.
Nothing amazing about this place, but nothing horrible, either.

• Stayed June 2013
Minneapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been coming here 4-6 times a year for work for the past 5 years, and I keep thinking they are going to start renovating it, but sadly no. It really is time to freshen things up! The rooms just keep getting more and more worn. This last time our room had some uncomfortable beds that actually squeeked when I would turn over (and SPG group is known for their beds). They were certainly not comfortable. The tile in the bathroom is stained and cracked. The carpet is something I don't like to walk on without socks anymore, and the couch in the sitting area is as hard as a rock. I typically eat in the bar, the food there is fine if not pretty good. The workers are usually quite nice. But, even with that I think I'm going to check on the Hilton Anatole for my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynn_0130

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

A colleague and I were in Dallas for business and decided to try the Sheraton Market Center. It was a great stay! The staff was so helpful and we loved having a separate sitting area and bed room! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
athens, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for both business travelers and families. The rooms are large and have a separate sitting area with a microwave and a refrigerator. The business lounge is nice and offers breakfast each morning and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Best hotel in the area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I will start with the lack of security/privacy because the restaurant and bar staff asked for my room number out loud on multiple occasions. That shouldn't ever happen.

The hotel was not kept up well. All the carpets, halls and rooms, had disgusting stains all over! The ceiling above the shower had drywall mud that was falling down and flaking off. The shower head was actually falling out of the wall. The sofa cushions were torn!

We never had the right amount of towels. Plus the linens that were supposed to be in the room for the sofa bed were not there. When they brought them to the room they actually wanted a tip.

Sheraton should be embarrassed to have their name on this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alan R
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Greetings Alan R., Thank you for the candid feedback and we appreciate you staying with us during your recent visit to Dallas. We certainly fell short in providing you with a defect free stay. Our hotel is consistently ranked in the top tier of Sheratons for guest room cleanliness, and the shower and cushion have since been repaired. Please accept my apology for not providing you with a more comfortable visit, and feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of service. We hope you'll give us another opportunity should your travels return you to the Big D. Warm Regards, Jason Tyson