“This Hotel is Tired!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #86 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Minneapolis
“This Hotel is Tired!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been coming here 4-6 times a year for work for the past 5 years, and I keep thinking they are going to start renovating it, but sadly no. It really is time to freshen things up! The rooms just keep getting more and more worn. This last time our room had some uncomfortable beds that actually squeeked when I would turn over (and SPG group is known for their beds). They were certainly not comfortable. The tile in the bathroom is stained and cracked. The carpet is something I don't like to walk on without socks anymore, and the couch in the sitting area is as hard as a rock. I typically eat in the bar, the food there is fine if not pretty good. The workers are usually quite nice. But, even with that I think I'm going to check on the Hilton Anatole for my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lynn_0130

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

A colleague and I were in Dallas for business and decided to try the Sheraton Market Center. It was a great stay! The staff was so helpful and we loved having a separate sitting area and bed room! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
athens, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for both business travelers and families. The rooms are large and have a separate sitting area with a microwave and a refrigerator. The business lounge is nice and offers breakfast each morning and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. Best hotel in the area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I will start with the lack of security/privacy because the restaurant and bar staff asked for my room number out loud on multiple occasions. That shouldn't ever happen.

The hotel was not kept up well. All the carpets, halls and rooms, had disgusting stains all over! The ceiling above the shower had drywall mud that was falling down and flaking off. The shower head was actually falling out of the wall. The sofa cushions were torn!

We never had the right amount of towels. Plus the linens that were supposed to be in the room for the sofa bed were not there. When they brought them to the room they actually wanted a tip.

Sheraton should be embarrassed to have their name on this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alan R
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Greetings Alan R., Thank you for the candid feedback and we appreciate you staying with us during your recent visit to Dallas. We certainly fell short in providing you with a defect free stay. Our hotel is consistently ranked in the top tier of Sheratons for guest room cleanliness, and the shower and cushion have since been repaired. Please accept my apology for not providing you with a more comfortable visit, and feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of service. We hope you'll give us another opportunity should your travels return you to the Big D. Warm Regards, Jason Tyson

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

OK, I do have Gold status via my Starwood Amex; but for only 4000 points, it was a great deal. Gold got us into the Club Lounge, where our hors d'oeuvre in the evening and breakfast as well. Quiet room, staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Our first room stunk like cigarettes (which is a Starwood no-no), so we were transferred, I believe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmJET, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Greetings Flying Texan, thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Dallas. We appreciate you posting the review and hope to see you again soon. Warm Regards, Jason
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

After a long drive in, we approached the check in desk (spg traveler) to find out that our reservation had been cancelled. What? I just made the reservation 3 days prior and had my confirmation number and welcome letter on my smart phone. This stay was PREPAID, so why would I have cancelled within the three days? So the guy checking us in, said no problem we will re-activate this reservation. He proceeded to ask us for the credit card we used to make reservation. This is not an unusual practice, but little did I know he would put another 480 dollar hold on the rooms that had been prepaid. My husband was definitely put off by this practice, but what else could we do, it was a done deal. We were placed on the Club Level floor which was nice, but did have a distinct smell to the hallways, it smelled more like old carpet. Not intolerable, just noticeable. Our room was very nice. Large enough to relax and we like the separate rooms so that if I wanted to watch TV in the bedroom, my husband could watch something else entirely in the sitting area.

We needed extra towels and when we called, they greeted us by our name and said they would send the towels up immediately. Which they did, immediately. Very impressed with the service from this point on.

Location is key to this hotel. Very easy on and off the highway to get you around Dallas and points beyond with no problems. Having access to the club level made our stay. We were able to get something to eat in the morning and have access to snacks and drinks throughout the day. I think we spent way less money on eating out because of this option. Hor D'oerves were tasty and satisfying. Abu (the staff) was a GEM. Always watching and offereing you more food, drink etc. I looked forward to seeing him in the morning.

For late night hunger, Denny's is next door.

I would definitely stay here again. The minor problem we had on check in was resolved and we were assured by the manager that the charges would be reversed within 5-10 days. We arrived home on Sunday evening and by Tuesday the hold was released.

Hotel is a good value and is nicely decorated.

Even with the hotel being right next to the Freeway, the room we had was quiet. I am making the assumption that the higher level/floor you are on would make a difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day JgDavid,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. My apologies for the hiccups during the beginning of your stay and pleased to learn that ultimately you had an enjoyable experience. I appreciate the comments for our staff and particularly Abu. His son also worked for us while attending medical school - Abu is a proud father. We hope for the opportunity to host you again should your travels return you to Dallas. Warm Regards, Jason
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Hallway and room smelled like urine. It's a pet friendly hotel so I'm assuming the smell comes from the animals. Hotel staff was nice but nothing extraordinary about the hotel. Location was the primary reason for booking the hotel. It was near a few nice restaurants. The hotel shampoo and conditioner was good quality and there is plenty of room to relax in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greetings Iaamarc, thank you for staying with Sheraton Suites Dallas and for taking time to share feedback about your visit. Be assured we clean our guest corridors and guest suites on a daily basis so I'm sure any odor that had existed has been remedied. Thank you again and we hope to provide you with the comfortable experience we are know for on your next visit to Dallas. Warm Regards, Jason