“Perfect for the Convention Center”

Sheraton Suites Market Center
Ranked #78 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a great spot to stay only a 5 minute drive from Downtown Dallas. A quick drive from either airport too, i absolutley recommend this hotel to anyone.

the service from the front desk to the restaurant staff was excellent.

A great stay

Room Tip: Get a club room on the 9th, 10th or 1th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for writing a review and recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dallas!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Across from Dallas Trade Center, yet within 10-15 minutes to the Dallas Convention Center. Rooms are spacious and clean, on the "Preferred floor" with access to the Executive Lounge, which serves breakfast, drinks and dinner. Very comfortable environment. On-site restaurant with bar. Hotel shuttle with limited service. Overall a nice experience, good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I'm glad to hear your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and sharing your praise of the Sheraton Club Lounge. We love being able to offer guests a place to gather and stay connected. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dallas!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is 10-15 minutes from the Dallas Convention center, with easy access to the highway, so it's a great place to stay for access to downtown Dallas yet at a reasonable price. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The restaurant within the hotel is fine, but there aren't many other restaurants nearby. All-in-all it's a very good value!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing away from the highway...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CCRiderLLC
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Arrived for 4 days for business. Hotel is in a convenient location and clean. Rooms are very nice with a living room, bedroom and bathroom. The mini fridge is nice to keep drinks cold. Providing daily bottles of water was a definitely plus. The employees were all friendly, the male bartender was really great. Ate dinner every day at the restaurant, I would pass no the nachos, the beef was overcooked and tough. The chicken was good. I'd recommend adding a plain pasta dish to the menu for people who get tired of beef quickly! I would stay here again definitely. The beds are super comfy and the pillows are great. The only issue I had was during checkout they charged my room a fee for self parking....I didn't have a car. Also the plumbing is VERY loud, when other rooms are using showers you can hear the water running through the walls, it actually woke me up during the night. It was corrected quickly during checkout. If you're looking for somewhere in Dallas to stay that's convenient to most places that is clean, has nice rooms/beds and a pool/fitness center I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe try a high room so you don't hear the plumbing all night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and am happy to hear the amenities in your room made your stay more comfortable. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at checkout, but thankfully the issue was resolved. Your feedback is especially helpful in making sure such things do not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in January 2013 prior to my residency interview at UT Southwestern. The department that I was interviewing with paid for everything, so I cannot really speak to the value or cost.

Overall, it was a great stay. The room was spacious, clean, and had a nice view of downtown. The bed was clean and comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was standard. The room had a seperate living room area with TV, connected to the room with the bed and another TV.

In terms of negatives, while I did not have to pay for breakfast, I noticed that it was quite expensive (greater than $10 per person) for muffins and fruit. It cost even more for the breakfast buffet (which included eggs). Also, my room was on the side of the hotel facing the interstate, so I heard A LOT of fast moving traffic and 18-wheeler noice at night, and as a result I slept quite poorly.

All in all, it was a great hotel, and I would have liked my experience more if I had been in a room that wasn't facing the interstate.

• Stayed: January 2013
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear AR_Texas,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed your view of downtown. I hope your interview was a success and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fantastic location if you want to get into the centre of Dallas. There is a courtesy bus which takes you downtown. The driver was brilliant, making suggestions for places to eat and drink, talking us through numerous restaurants, including the cuisine they serve and how expensive they were. And he was happy to drive around until we found somewhere we liked the sound of.

The chap on the front desk (Edin) was incredibly helpful. He was friendly, welcoming and even booked us a table at a downtown restaurant during check-in. He supports Liverpool FC, but I wont hold that against him!

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the hotel bar was a nice place to relax (and the barmaid was great), and the pool and jacuzzi were a sufficient place to kick back and chill out. Id have no hesitation going back next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a privately owned hotel that licenses the Sheraton brand. The right to use that name should be revoked.

We stayed here during the holidays. Overall, the look and feel of the hotel is outdated. Our room smelled as if it had previously been smoked in. There was trash left in the room from the previous occupant.

When we went down to have breakfast in the restaurant, it was filthy. Dried food on the chairs and carpet. Crumbs on all the tables waiting to be cleaned. And clearly no reason other than neglect. It was not crowded.

One bright spot was front desk staffer Deborah, who could not have been nicer or more professional.

Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Zeke S
Tim G, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Zeke S,

I appreiciate your review letting us know about your stay here. I want to apologize for the inconvienances you had here at our hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so that we can work on improving ourlselves.

We do get many positive comments from guests about their stay here. Unfortunately it seems we failed in our service with you. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. I would like to do something for you on a return stay here at our hotel. I hope should your travel plans bring you in to our area again, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tim Goodman