“Great value and location”

Sheraton Suites Market Center
Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Lake Bluff, Illinois
“Great value and location”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is 10-15 minutes from the Dallas Convention center, with easy access to the highway, so it's a great place to stay for access to downtown Dallas yet at a reasonable price. The rooms are spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The restaurant within the hotel is fine, but there aren't many other restaurants nearby. All-in-all it's a very good value!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing away from the highway...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CCRiderLLC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Arrived for 4 days for business. Hotel is in a convenient location and clean. Rooms are very nice with a living room, bedroom and bathroom. The mini fridge is nice to keep drinks cold. Providing daily bottles of water was a definitely plus. The employees were all friendly, the male bartender was really great. Ate dinner every day at the restaurant, I would pass no the nachos, the beef was overcooked and tough. The chicken was good. I'd recommend adding a plain pasta dish to the menu for people who get tired of beef quickly! I would stay here again definitely. The beds are super comfy and the pillows are great. The only issue I had was during checkout they charged my room a fee for self parking....I didn't have a car. Also the plumbing is VERY loud, when other rooms are using showers you can hear the water running through the walls, it actually woke me up during the night. It was corrected quickly during checkout. If you're looking for somewhere in Dallas to stay that's convenient to most places that is clean, has nice rooms/beds and a pool/fitness center I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe try a high room so you don't hear the plumbing all night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and am happy to hear the amenities in your room made your stay more comfortable. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at checkout, but thankfully the issue was resolved. Your feedback is especially helpful in making sure such things do not happen again. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in January 2013 prior to my residency interview at UT Southwestern. The department that I was interviewing with paid for everything, so I cannot really speak to the value or cost.

Overall, it was a great stay. The room was spacious, clean, and had a nice view of downtown. The bed was clean and comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was standard. The room had a seperate living room area with TV, connected to the room with the bed and another TV.

In terms of negatives, while I did not have to pay for breakfast, I noticed that it was quite expensive (greater than $10 per person) for muffins and fruit. It cost even more for the breakfast buffet (which included eggs). Also, my room was on the side of the hotel facing the interstate, so I heard A LOT of fast moving traffic and 18-wheeler noice at night, and as a result I slept quite poorly.

All in all, it was a great hotel, and I would have liked my experience more if I had been in a room that wasn't facing the interstate.

• Stayed January 2013
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear AR_Texas,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed your view of downtown. I hope your interview was a success and we certainly look forward to your return.
London
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Fantastic location if you want to get into the centre of Dallas. There is a courtesy bus which takes you downtown. The driver was brilliant, making suggestions for places to eat and drink, talking us through numerous restaurants, including the cuisine they serve and how expensive they were. And he was happy to drive around until we found somewhere we liked the sound of.

The chap on the front desk (Edin) was incredibly helpful. He was friendly, welcoming and even booked us a table at a downtown restaurant during check-in. He supports Liverpool FC, but I wont hold that against him!

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the hotel bar was a nice place to relax (and the barmaid was great), and the pool and jacuzzi were a sufficient place to kick back and chill out. Id have no hesitation going back next time I'm in Dallas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a privately owned hotel that licenses the Sheraton brand. The right to use that name should be revoked.

We stayed here during the holidays. Overall, the look and feel of the hotel is outdated. Our room smelled as if it had previously been smoked in. There was trash left in the room from the previous occupant.

When we went down to have breakfast in the restaurant, it was filthy. Dried food on the chairs and carpet. Crumbs on all the tables waiting to be cleaned. And clearly no reason other than neglect. It was not crowded.

One bright spot was front desk staffer Deborah, who could not have been nicer or more professional.

Would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Zeke S
Tim G, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Zeke S,

I appreiciate your review letting us know about your stay here. I want to apologize for the inconvienances you had here at our hotel. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so that we can work on improving ourlselves.

We do get many positive comments from guests about their stay here. Unfortunately it seems we failed in our service with you. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. I would like to do something for you on a return stay here at our hotel. I hope should your travel plans bring you in to our area again, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tim Goodman

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Longview, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2013

we reserved our room a week in advance.arriveing Dec.27th we woke up Dec.28th to find that our credit card had been over charged 145.00$. good thing we have text alert,when we comfronted the clerk and pointed out their err,Oh it was reversed as a inconvience to our couples retreat,because a reversal take 3-5 days we were left short on money and could not to enjoy the rest of our stay..what a bummer!!!!...so beware watch your credit card charges..To finish wit dinning was encluding in our stay,but they ran out of food before we could eat.

Room Tip: go vip..you might get treated and not cheated
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim G, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback about your stay here at our hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvienances you had here at our hotel. With each guest we do authorize a percentage more based on the length of stay, etc. on thier credit card to cover incidential charges they may have such as restaurant, gift shop, etc. during their stay.

Once the guest checks out and all charges are finalized then any remaining authorization hold is released. I also have reviewed your comment with my restaurant team. Once again I appreciate your feedback I and I hope should you come back into our area that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I am a SPG platinum level, I booked a 10 night stay using my points and when I checked out I was told that there were no additional charges. A month later there was a $400 charge from this property on my AMEX, I disputed the charge with AMEX and they removed all but $81 of the charges, why was $81 still charged is a mystery to me and I am still working for an answer. As others have noted the hotel is a good location at a fair price, it is showing it's age but isn't ready to be labeled as shabby. Just be aware that you need to check your folio and credit card statements because this property places fraudulent charges onto people's cards.

Room Tip: try to get a room not facing the freeway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Apubguy659,

I appreciate your review about your stay at our hotel. It is through our guests feedback that we can determine how well we are doing in takin care of our guests. As you are aware I contacted you by email asking about the $400 charge you mentioned so that I could look into it and you responded that it had been taken care of through our Corporate SPG office.

I did look into the matter at the hotel and could not find any fraudulent charges that you had mentioned? As I mentioned in my email to you please contact me and I would be glad to look further into this matter. I appreicate you staying with us and let me know if I can do anything else for you.