“Overall good stay”

Ranked #77 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Spring, Texas
“Overall good stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff at this hotel is very friendly and always stops to say hello. While the front desk staff is constantly busy, just acknowledge that fact and you will be waited on promptly. The first night I was there only one of the elevators was working and on the second and third days while the second one was now fixed it would not go to the 9th floor where my room was. The room was nice, it could use a little updating to bring it fully up to the times, but it was plenty nice. Perhaps on the next remodel the bedroom door could be changed to a pocket door as it made it a little awkward to get around the bed. Also, Internet is $9.95 per day, which is a little annoying (however I didn't have to pay since I have an AT&T wifi account) especially when a Holiday Inn Express offers it for free. Overall I would stay here again as it is a nice facility in a good location with a quick drive to get to the places I wanted to go.

Room Tip: Look for the special offers online like the Texas Residence rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank G_Conner
Mstockman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service you received. We strive continually to maintain the superior level of service. I am sorry to hear that we had issues with the elevator during your stay. Please accept my apologies for this issue. I hope you stay with us again while you are the Dallas Market Center are again.

Michael Stockman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights while we attended conference at a different hotel. The room was clean, spacious and beautiful! The staff was extremely helpful and professional. The experience was very much like staying at a boutique hotel. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank slattmando
ryanjmkonz, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us while you attended a conference in the area, and we are delighted. We strive continually to maintain the superior level of service and accommodations which has symbolizes the Sheraton Suites Market Center.

I am very pleased to read your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We have stayed here 4 weekends over the past year for concerts & events in the downtown area. Parking is so convenient. Check in has always gone very smoothly. The staff has always been very helpful. All the rooms are suites with a living area, bedroom & nice bathroom. Our rooms always have a small but adequete balcony. The rooms are very clean & the beds are incredibly comfortable. The best part is the price. This past weekend our room was only $87 with taxes & all. MOST INCREDIBLE DEAL IN DALLAS!!

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for choosing over us over the past year as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I am very pleased after reading your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us and that it will feel like "coming back to your home away from home!"

Best wishes and much thanks,
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A Great Hotel To Get Away And Relax. We booked it for our wedding anniversary get away from the house stay. Fort Worth/Dallas heat 100 and above that weekend and continues so the pool was our main attraction. Very relaxing. Staff at front desk very friendly and helpful. Our room was outstanding. A frig, Microwave and nice living room area, office desk and Internet (supplied as a wedding anniversary from front desk at check in). We loved it so much, I went out and shopped at Whole Foods and brought back Gumbo, shrimp cocktails, bread, cheese, breaded chicken breasts and such and we nuked it all and watched the July 4th Fireworks from our bedroom balcony. Don't miss staying here. Newly remodeled at a cost of $12 million.

Room Tip: Be a AMX Starwood Prefered Guest
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ryanjmkonz, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are delighted. We strive continually to maintain the superior level of service and accommodations which has symbolizes the Sheraton Suites Market Center.

I am very pleased to read your comments regarding the room along with the staff being friendly and helpful. I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed for two nights to break our trip from Hawaii to Europe and got a great rate via Hotwire. The hotel is located just off I-35E opposite the Hitlon Anatole, less than 10 minutes by car from Downtown Dallas. The location is great if you have a car, but if you don't (as we didn't), there is nothing nearby except other hotels and Medieval Times. The DART Light Rail stop Market Center is about 15 minutes on foot in the heat and there is a bus stop closer to the hotel. We walked to the DART every morning and it was OK although the sidewalk stops for the last third of the walk. The hotel offers free shuttle within a radius of 3 miles to the hotel between 6am and 6pm (if I remember correctly). We used it twice and it worked perfectly. If you need the shuttle at given times, you can book it in advance.
The room we received was on the fifth floor and was very nice. It was actually a two room suite with desk, sofa, TV in the first room and a huge king bed in the second with bathroom attached. The front desk staff was absolutely amazing throughout the stay. We arrived at 9 am and were given a room immediately even if check in time is 2 pm. Furthermore we found the breakfast buffet to be great value at 13.95$ + taxes and free internet is available at the PCs in the lobby.
All in all we found the hotel perfect for our needs and would go back any time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ryanjmkonz, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are delighted. We strive continually to maintain the superior level of service and accommodations which has symbolizes the Sheraton Suites Market Center.

Chicago
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This place was average all around. I will say that the front desk staff were very nice -- although not overly polished or professional.

Our room was clean but a little shabby. The place is dated, and it shows a bit. Also a tad musty smelling at times.

The suite layout was very nice and the room was spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Our rate was very low, so I do feel we got what we paid for.

Overall, I can't really complain -- it was an average hotel at a very good rate.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
ryanjmkonz, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Clearly we have failed to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Sheraton Suites. Your comments and experiences at our property have been reviewed with the entire management team of the Hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology for any and all inconvenience and discomfort we caused you. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warren, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This looked like a nice hotel and a great location. We arrived straight from the airport at 3:15 and were told that no double rooms were available yet. We could wait in the lobby or come back later. The lobby seats were all full of people waiting for their own rooms to be ready. This was upsetting, I had prepaid for the specific type of room months before.
I asked for local restaurants and told them we would be back. She gave me the phone number to check if our room was available before we returned. We got back after 5 and our room was ready. Maybe I am critical because I normally priceline my hotels and get a great deal, and this time I paid full price because I wanted to choose the location and make sure we had enough room to accommodate the whole family.
The internet was not free and was $9.95 for 24 hours. Breakfast was also at a cost, we went out to Denny's instead of paying the inflated prices. Also the hot tub was not in operating condition the whole time we were there.
The next day we went to the aquarium and saw great sites around Dallas. It was the hottest day of the year, about 104 degrees so a shower was due. When we returned at 5pm our room had still not been cleaned yet. We decided to go to dinner and then clean up after. Returning from dinner our room had been cleaned if you can call it that. The used soap was placed on a washcloth instead of being replaced. Only 2 clean towels were left in the room when I assure you at least 6 were taken out. No hand towels or washcloths were provided.
I called to the desk and asked for towels and were told they would be right up. They never appeared. I complained again at check out but my service did not seem to be of their concern. A hotel of this caliber and price was very disappointing. You pay extra for everything and are still not taken care of.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Theres119
ryanjmkonz, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Market Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I wish to express my sincere apology for the lack of accommodating service and accommodations you have received especially related to room not being ready, housekeeping service and Internet charges. I assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service and quality we strive to provide to each of our very valued customers.

Ryan Konz

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels