Renaissance Dallas Hotel
$289
$269
Autograph
  • Restaurant
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$139
$144
$248
$207
  • Restaurant
All reviewsasadorthe concierge loungerooftop poolmarriott rewardsnice hotelfront desk staffself parkingcity viewroom servicehigh floorbreakfast buffetlove fieldclose to downtownbusiness travelerking bedupon checkthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Everything was great at the hotel and very accomadating. It can get a little pricey at time with the bar, restaurant and parking! I don't understand why they have to have Valet $22 a night parking when they have plenty of parking lot for customers to park by themselves. They also over charged me 3 days @ $23 parking and two others @ $22. Overall the beds are nice and the room was quiet. It has a great view.

Room Tip: The higher the room the quieter and better view you have!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thanks for staying with us at the Renaissance Dallas hotel. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your room and the view of downtown Dallas!

We strive to give our guests the best care possible and have added our valet service to enhance the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you again-we enjoyed taking care of you!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed for just one night while visiting our son in Dallas. The location just off 35 is convenient but remember that Dallas traffic can be heavy and contribute to significant delays throughout the day. Parking is valet only so expect to spend an extra $22 on top of your room rate. That being said the hotel is in excellent condition and the staff was attentive and professional. We utilized the restaurant late after the Ranger game as it was open until midnight. Our room on the 24th floor had a beautiful view of downtown lights that was quite impressive. There was some construction noise on Saturday morning. We would probably stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Downtown views are impressive, but it is on the construction side of the hotel. Ask for a high floor to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank darinsamuel

Than you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel so much!

We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in town for a Rangers game!

All the Best,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our corner room was bright, very clean, and comfortable. All staff were friendly and courteous. We would stay here again. The view was fantastic. The forced valet parking is not well organized, the main roundabout was congested every time our son picked us up. The valets were valiant at trying to keep up, but were under staffed.

Room Tip: The hotel is building a new ballroom and parking garage in 2013. We had an odd number room on the the 24th floor. We could hear the construction machinery. The even number rooms are on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the view of Downtown Dallas! I apologize for the issues you experienced with our valet parking service. We are always listening to our guests and have added more staff and made some other changes as well in order to make the process of getting your run smoothly.

We look forward to seeing you when travels bring you back to Dallas!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I certainly have no complaints about this hotel. Everything was super clean, service was speedy, and staff members were very friendly. Location is fantastic and close to the heart of Dallas. Fitness center on the 30th floor was nice. Rooftop pool and hot tub were nice, although somewhat anti-climactic... I suppose I was expecting a dramatic poolside view of the Dallas skyline, and was disappointed that the tall cement wall surrounding the rooftop amenities completely obstructed what could have been an astounding, memorable view (Although I realize safety here is a concern, it doesn't seem that it would be too difficult or cost prohibitive to add windows or a viewing area so that guests can take advantage of the cool views). Our deluxe room was high end and modern with a stunning view of downtown, but somewhat devoid of the character we were expecting from a hotel of this price point. Worth mentioning is Asado, the lobby bar and restaurant, which serves up gourmet 'farm-to-fire' fare and spectacular cocktails at a reasonable price. My expectations were met in every aspect at this hotel, though they were not *exceeded* as I had secretly hoped they would be going in. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I found the rooms on sale. It is a very nice property.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a city view. The view of the Dallas skyline from this hotel is astounding.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirtualBizWeb
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your expereince. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our wonderful restaurant and our spectacular view of downtown Dallas! Thank you for your suggestion of putting in a viewing area in our pool area. We appreciate any and all suggestions regarding our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again at a future date,

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

They're currently undergoing an expansion and have decided to force valet parking on all guests despite having ample parking space for self park. Every night has been a fiasco getting cars thru the main roundabout. Not enough valets are staffed for the hotel to be 100% valet, the driveway should be sectioned off to have 3-seperate lanes so drop offs can get in and out with ease, and FYI - when getting dropped off, don't give them your name when badgered for it. I was charged 3-days of valet and I don't have a car!

The amenities are disappointing. 30th floor pool and gym sounded enticing. There is no view besides 8' stucco walls enclosing the entire rooftop. The pool is small and there's no lounge/bar associated with it.

The location is obscure. Not close to much of anything. Definitely can't walk anywhere. If you're hungry, you're limited to eating in the lobby or driving a few miles.

• Stayed: May 2013

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. We have made significant changes in our valet parking procedures so that guests will not experience the issues you did during your stay with us.

I will be happy to speak with you further about this experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 214-267-4888 so that we can discuss this matter in further detail.