“Construction ongoing- but little inconvenience to our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Dallas Hotel

Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Ranked #31 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Lubbock, TX
“Construction ongoing- but little inconvenience to our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed for just one night while visiting our son in Dallas. The location just off 35 is convenient but remember that Dallas traffic can be heavy and contribute to significant delays throughout the day. Parking is valet only so expect to spend an extra $22 on top of your room rate. That being said the hotel is in excellent condition and the staff was attentive and professional. We utilized the restaurant late after the Ranger game as it was open until midnight. Our room on the 24th floor had a beautiful view of downtown lights that was quite impressive. There was some construction noise on Saturday morning. We would probably stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Downtown views are impressive, but it is on the construction side of the hotel. Ask for a high floo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank darinsamuel
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Than you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel so much!

We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in town for a Rangers game!

All the Best,

Mark Woelffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our corner room was bright, very clean, and comfortable. All staff were friendly and courteous. We would stay here again. The view was fantastic. The forced valet parking is not well organized, the main roundabout was congested every time our son picked us up. The valets were valiant at trying to keep up, but were under staffed.

Room Tip: The hotel is building a new ballroom and parking garage in 2013. We had an odd number room on the th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the view of Downtown Dallas! I apologize for the issues you experienced with our valet parking service. We are always listening to our guests and have added more staff and made some other changes as well in order to make the process of getting your run smoothly.

We look forward to seeing you when travels bring you back to Dallas!

Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I certainly have no complaints about this hotel. Everything was super clean, service was speedy, and staff members were very friendly. Location is fantastic and close to the heart of Dallas. Fitness center on the 30th floor was nice. Rooftop pool and hot tub were nice, although somewhat anti-climactic... I suppose I was expecting a dramatic poolside view of the Dallas skyline, and was disappointed that the tall cement wall surrounding the rooftop amenities completely obstructed what could have been an astounding, memorable view (Although I realize safety here is a concern, it doesn't seem that it would be too difficult or cost prohibitive to add windows or a viewing area so that guests can take advantage of the cool views). Our deluxe room was high end and modern with a stunning view of downtown, but somewhat devoid of the character we were expecting from a hotel of this price point. Worth mentioning is Asado, the lobby bar and restaurant, which serves up gourmet 'farm-to-fire' fare and spectacular cocktails at a reasonable price. My expectations were met in every aspect at this hotel, though they were not *exceeded* as I had secretly hoped they would be going in. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I found the rooms on sale. It is a very nice property.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a city view. The view of the Dallas skyline from this hotel is astounding.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirtualBizWeb
Renaissance D, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your expereince. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our wonderful restaurant and our spectacular view of downtown Dallas! Thank you for your suggestion of putting in a viewing area in our pool area. We appreciate any and all suggestions regarding our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again at a future date,

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

They're currently undergoing an expansion and have decided to force valet parking on all guests despite having ample parking space for self park. Every night has been a fiasco getting cars thru the main roundabout. Not enough valets are staffed for the hotel to be 100% valet, the driveway should be sectioned off to have 3-seperate lanes so drop offs can get in and out with ease, and FYI - when getting dropped off, don't give them your name when badgered for it. I was charged 3-days of valet and I don't have a car!

The amenities are disappointing. 30th floor pool and gym sounded enticing. There is no view besides 8' stucco walls enclosing the entire rooftop. The pool is small and there's no lounge/bar associated with it.

The location is obscure. Not close to much of anything. Definitely can't walk anywhere. If you're hungry, you're limited to eating in the lobby or driving a few miles.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. We have made significant changes in our valet parking procedures so that guests will not experience the issues you did during your stay with us.

I will be happy to speak with you further about this experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 214-267-4888 so that we can discuss this matter in further detail.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wow! Renaissance is stepping up their game with new construction and amenities, but still getting everybody taken care of beautifully inside the facility. The restaurant was intimate; service and food were great.

The room had a great view and the bed was fantastic as well. Despite all the goings-on at the hotel over the weekend, it was quiet, restful and we enjoyed it tremendously.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay with us. We enjoyed taking care of you and look forward to welcoming you again to "your home away from home".

All the Best,

Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Renaissance because he had a meeting in Dallas and this was the assigned hotel. The room rate for the conference was not bad, but I would not select this hotel if returning to Dallas until possibly their renovation is complete.

Pros: * the restaurant was very nice and the food very good
* all of the employees we encountered were very kind and competent

Cons: * Because of flight delays, we arrived at the hotel after 9:00pm and all they had left not next to the elevator was handicapped assessable, which means there several features of the room are inconvenient if you are not handicapped, such as the closet.
* The front desk touted the rooms on this side of the hotel as having a view of downtown, which it did. It also had a view of the construction site for their expansion with heavy equipment beeping all day, including Saturday.
* There is no coffee shop for breakfast or a snack and there is nothing nearby. The restaurant and room service is your only option.
* Parking is valet only and although the valets were always efficient, it is inconvenient not to have access to your car. You need a car or taxi to get anywhere as there is nothing within walking distance.
* No newspaper delivery
* Cleanliness - One of the decorative pillows had a horrible stain on it and there was something slimy on the door to the connecting room. Yuck.
* There is limited counter space in the bathroom, but this could be because of the handicapped room.
* No makeup mirror.
* Had to ask for refills on coffee and tea after the room was serviced. They did not replenish.
* Had to ask to have the room cleaned one day.
* The pool area is one of the most depressing I have ever seen. Just a high concrete wall enclosing a lap pool. Three treadmills for this size property is not enough.

I would definitely stay somewhere else if I had a choice. The only reason I am giving this property a rating of "poor" instead of "terrible" is that the employees I interacted with tried very hard to please.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Renaissance D, Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I want to thank you for your compliments on our food and our employees. We pride ourselves in both areas and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed them as well.

I have addressed the issues you experienced in your room with our Housekeeping Manager to insure that these issues won't happen again. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and are in the top ten in the brand in Room Cleanliness at the present time.

We are also in the last piece of our 4-part total property transformation which will include the pool and the Health Club. It will be beautiful when finished!

Again, we appreciate your comments on our property as we are always looking for ways to improve our total guest experience!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the past 2 nights. The hotel was nicely decorated and the restaurant's food was very good. The rooms leave something to be desired. They are very small....the bed, the bathroom etc. It was however very well appointed.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experienced our wonderful farm to table restaurant! I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our décor.

We will look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to Dallas,