“nice upscale Hotel”

Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed one night on our way back home from Ks. This is a beautiful Hotel! Very clean Hotel too! Our room was very spacious with two queen beds and a corner couch. It has a very nice rooftop pool and whirlpool on the 31st floor! We did ate the breakfast buffet which was $20 adults and $9 kids but it was well worth it and we are on VACATION! They had everything you would want to eat and cooked whatever you wanted. All staff were super friendly. We also ate at Pappadeaux for supper and this was outstanding. We also visited JFK memorial, The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. Would stay here again for sure. (There is a train that seems to run all day and night by the Hotel which we were on the side it passes so I was woken up a coulpe of times during the night from the blowing horn so just ask to be on other side of Hotel)

Reviewed June 8, 2012

During my stay at the Dallas Renaissance they had blow-out band playing upstairs from the lobby with great food and drinks. Dinner at their restaurant Asador was fabulous...on par with any restaurant in Dallas....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were in Dallas for a family wedding last weekend. Smooth check in thanks to Melissa. Was given a room on the 12th floor, same as many other family members. Rooms were really nice, very large, had a sectional sofa, frig, large desk area, flat screen tv with several channels. The bathroom was a little small but it did have an extra sink outside the bathroom. Comfortable bed. Great view of the Dallas skyline at night. Free parking. We didn't have the breakfast buffet but several family members did and said it was wonderful. Did have Burgers and fries one day, really good! Nice business center. Staff was very accommodating, would definitely stay there again when in Dallas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the downtown.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Cathy_M420, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for your great comments on your stay with us. The view of the Dallas skyline is a WOW factor at our hotel and we are so glad you loved our restaurant and our food! We completed a $5 million dollar renovation of our restaurant 1 year ago and have been receiving rave reviews since then including being listed as "one of the best new restaurants of the year". We are so glad your trip was a success and we hope to see you again soon!
Take care,
Mark woelffer

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The only reason I give this hotel an average is because it was simply Not up to par with other Renaissance Hotels I have stayed in. Otherwise, for the value it was very good.

1) My pillow had hair on it when we checked in
2) The bottle of water had been refilled by the previous occupant and no one checked it
3) We requested for extra tea bags and cups for the next morning and milk instead of cream and no one followed up on it. We had to make this request twice!

The service was friendly and fairly quick. There was one lady at front desk who tended to cut into your request too soon - I think she thought she was anticipating our needs - came of as being a little rude instead.

The decor and cleanliness of the room was fine except for the hair on my pillow. Ugh!

While I would stay at another Renaissance, if I go back to Dallas, I'm not sure I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a high floor. The view can be nicer. Also, ask for a room that doesn't adjoi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your stay at our hotel. I want to appologize on behalf of the entire team at the Renaissance Dallas hotel for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We have addressed these issues with our Housekeeping and Front Office Managers to insure that they will not re-occur.
We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and our exceptional guest service. We apologize for not meeting your expectations in these areas. If travel brings you back to the Dallas area, please call me and I will make sure that your stay is exceptional in very way.
Watm Regards,
Makr Woelffer

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The staff and hotel are all very nice they are attentve to my needs and always respond quickly. From Reserving my room with Emily Dodd to the food service with Jeffery and the lounge staff of Kirsten and Erin. I highly recommend to friend and family when they go to Dallas that they stay at this great hotel. Oh forgot to mention that it is always great to be greeted by John and crew when I step off the shuttle bus.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I am loyal to tripadvisor, and so before any trip, I check the reviews. This hotel had good reviews, and the location was perfect. It's near great shopping, restaurants, and we were close enough to the interstate to Arlington so that we were able to travel there to eat at a great Jamaican restaurant! The rooms are beautiful. I requested a room on a high floor with a good view of the city. I got just what I asked for. I even had a view to die for from my bathroom!!!! I will be going back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We visited over a weekend in May and had a very enjoyable stay. Our room was on the 22th floor and faced the highway. It was away from the elevators and quiet. The bed was comfortable and well stocked with pillows. We found the coffee maker and made good use out of it every morning. The coffee was replenished each afternoon. We never took advantage of the restaurant but observed that others were enjoying their meals. We had thought that we would need to use the valet service but each time we left and returned we were able to find a parking spot out front for us to use for free. We found the location convenient for us because we had a car and a GPS to steer us in the right direction. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor and liked our view of the city from our highway facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple