“I've been here a dozen times before, and I'm looking forward to the next dozen”

Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Ranked #38 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have stayed a quite a few Marriott properties over the years (I stay about 75 nights a year), and this is one of my favorite places to stay. While Dallas is hot this time of year, the rooftop pool is a nice oasis to relax. The rooms are updated, and the staff is always willing to accomodate me and are genuinely supurb. It's right of the freeway, so it's easy to get just about anywhere. If you're looking for a sleek, modern hotel, for business travelers, this is it.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I'm in Dallas monthly on business and have been staying at this hotel for over 3 years. They recently renovated the main areas and restaurant/bar for the Super bowl last year and they did a great job, (although you will see an increase in the rates you used to pay in the past). Previously, I avoided their restaurant and opted for the taxi to dinner option. But since their renovation, their new menu is great. They stick with as much organic and local farmers as possible. Even though I get breakfast free in the Concierge club, I opted for paying for the wild boar breakfast tacos (YUM) and the oatmeal waffle.
If you have access, the concierge club has also certainly stepped up their food offerings in the evening, sticking with a "theme" and offering heavier options if you wanted to skip dinner. Kristen is so friendly and helpful, that I feel like I'm "home with friends" when I'm in town. Also, I enjoy this club room most because you have the option of ordering "room service" delivered to the club room to enjoy (as opposed to eating alone in your room). More Marriott's should consider this.
The rooms have a modern feel to them and like others have commented, a higher room offers a nice view. The thread count on the sheets is heavenly and the curtains are great at keeping the room as dark as you need. The one challenge is that your cell phone may not work for long in certain rooms before you lose the call. If you are patient, you will sometimes find the exact spot you need to stand/sit in to not lose the call, or it may not be an issue. Also, although I'm not a gym person, I do like to take walks. Outside, next to the hotel is a HUGE parking lot that stretches multiple city blocks if you wanted to get out (and enjoy the 100+ degrees).
Also, if you are an elite member, they have the express check in when you arrive so I do not have to go to the front desk. My key is waiting for me at the door.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

As you would expect of Marriott the hotel is clean and well maintained - my room had been updated but was smaller than I expect in NA. Was told I'd have an 'awesome view of downtown' which I probably would if I could crane my neck far enough around to see it. Fine for business, wouldn't chose it for personal.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel from August 24 - 28. I brought our 18 month son for a short vacation while my wife was at a conference. The staff have been wonderful, especially the staff in the Concierge Lounge (Renaissance Club). The room is clean, spacious, and chic. We have eaten breakfast and dinners at the Asador, and the food and atmosphere has been wonderful! The rooftop pool is great for my son, and the fitness center looks nice (haven't used it). I would highly recommend this hotel. We'll definitely be back! Great job Marriott!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This hotel is phenomenal, The accomodations are fantastic - very clean and well maintained. The staff is efficient, professional, and friendly. They make you feel like you are part of the family. The next time I'm in Dallas I will be staying here.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I'm a senior female. The staff was great from the time I got out of the car to the time I left. They handled my baggage and referenced me by name each time I approached the front desk. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors. The view of the city is great.
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at the Renaissance Dallas Hotel during a business trip. From check in to to check out, service was outstanding. Rooms were clean, spacious and cold (better be in the Dallas heat). Concierege lounge was excellent, didnt have to go out for breakfast or dinner with light food provided. Next trip tp the big D, staying here.