“Can't beat quality for price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Market Center

You added Knights Inn Market Center to your Saves list
Knights Inn Market Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Empire Central, Dallas, TX 75235 (Formerly Red Roof)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #111 of 197 Hotels in Dallas
Columbus, Ohio
“Can't beat quality for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Highly recommended for travelers on a budget looking for a decent hotel. Service at the front desk is very helpful and friendly, but don't count on a breakfast in the morning unless you want to pay $3.75 extra for cereal. The rooms are clean, spacious, and do not feel like budget rooms. We had four people with us on our trip and everyone was comfortable at Knights Inn. Last but not least, the location is very convenient to downtown Dallas and the highway system for those just passing through. Not bad for $52.99 (plus tax)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Killeen Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this property. The staff is so friendly, they're remodeling the rooms and our room this time around was great with fresh carpet, new tv, fridge and micro. It is not super fancy and doesn't have frills but its incredibly nice and clean for the price. There's is no breakfast for free but you can pay 3.75$ for a nice little cereal/juice/fruit meal. Add that to the price of this hotel and you're still not even close to the price of a "fancy" hotel. We stay here for medical reasons at UT Southwestern St Paul, so if you're looking for that reason, it's very close, just a 3 min drive up Harry Hines, no interstate driving required! I highly recommend this property!! It won't let me unclick terrible for my swimming pool vote but there's no pool, so there's no opinion on that :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Felica E
Centerview
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stay there every week on a layover for my job and have never had any problems. Friendly staff and clean room. If you are used to staying at a $200 a night hotel, I suggest you continue to do so but if you want a good room for a great price,this is it.

Room Tip: If WiFi is important to you, say so and they will try to get you closer to the signal.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you, Carl for your kind words.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Pleasant staff, clean room, industrial vs. interstate setting, close to a McDonald's. I needed to stay one night and be close-ish to downtown, so it was just fine. I had a car, which is important to staying here economically. Harry Hines Bv. is nearby, which is a straight vein into the downtown area.

Room Tip: There is a separate building for travelers with pets--ask for the "no pet" building if tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your appreciation! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas, TX!
Georgetown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Room was horrible, was so little me and my husband couldn't be in the same spot as once. Woke up the first morning, went to grab my towels, opened them up there was hair in my towels, turn on the shower and roaches start scattering. Place is disgusting !!!!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The hotel was really nice, I didn't like the fact that they used packets of shampoo and soaps. Not the best quality. Front desk was great. you have to go downstairs to request a iron or a blow dryer. Our main issue was the FALSE ADVERTISING on the website. It stated that there was breakfast included. we felt that they kept this on the website to attract people to them. Once we got there they gave us a lame excuse about that being a mistake on the website part. Either way we felt that they should of honored the free breakfast until the post was taken down. Not many places to eat around the hotel either. So good luck if you are on foot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hello Pi F, thank you giving us the opportunity to address the breakfast issue on Tripadvisor. As we mentioned to you in-person that our hotel does not advertise FREE BREAKFAST on any sites. After you brought up the issue of FREE BREAKFAST being advertise online, I personally checked Expedia, Priceline, and Hotwire, no where on these sites you will see any mention of FREE BREAKFAST. But there was a technical issue on Booking.com where they briefly started showing free breakfast (all due to a technical issue on their end), but we quickly corrected information on the site by contacting Booking.com. We do not gain anything by false advertisement. I again apologize to you for the technical issue on Booking.com. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Dallas!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Well, obviously the hotel is being converted from a old Red Roof Inn. It appears maybe it had been shut down for a while, but I am not sure. The location was convenient to all interstates but not much immediately around the hotel. The room it's self was nice. It was clean & had new tv's, furniture, etc. The bed was very comfortable & appeared to be new. The linens were nice & thick, which was nice. The bathroom appeared to have been barely touched, with maybe just a coat of paint. Because the bathrooms were so old, they just didn't feel very clean, even if they were. I didn't notice any suspicious activity & felt safe. The service was fine, I thought the Manager was asking for feedback as I checked out. After I finished I realized he was just waiting for the receipt to print. He handed it to me & just walked off. Anyway, the price was outstanding, like $37 per night. I would definitely give it another shot if I am in town again.

• Stayed April 2013