“Scary Place”

Knights Inn Market Center
Ranked #148 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I requested two beds, got one. I question the staff and was told "to bad! its all we have and you can leave". This is more of an apartment than a hotel with lots of people living there. There were parties all night and again, we were told that there is not much we can do. The room was small, the TV would not change channels, and I felt like I was in the hood. It was so bad I called the money spent a "loss" and left in leau of a Days Inn. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica L
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hello Mr. Phil, I apologize that my staff was not able to help you with your request. We try our best to fulfill all our guests requests but sometimes due to limited inventory of two and one bed rooms we are not able to meet all the demands. If possible please call us (or any hotels) 24 hours ahead so that we can reserve a room according to your preferences. Lastly, let me also apologize for the noise disturbance. Our hotel is preferred by many of our guests because it is very peaceful- away from all the highway commotions. But few times we have guests who are not mindful of other guests and are loud, when that is the case we work hard to get the noise level in control. Obviously this time we failed to get in control and I apologize. We are also doing major renovation, part of this renovation will include new TV's. I hope you give us another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I got SCABIES from the Knights Inn on Empire Central. The first two nights were ok, then I paid for another week and they changed me room. The next morning I woke up covered in red itchy spots. I asked the front desk and was told they were mosquito bites. Day after that, I had twice as many red bumps when I woke up so I went to the hospital and was diagnosed as having scabies. The doctor said sometimes scabies can take a few days to a few weeks for symptoms to appear, but as with any bug that bites, bumps can appear right away. He told me to get out of that hotel. When I got back to the hotel I showed them the hospitals paper work, I was told by the lady at the front desk that her friend is a nurse and bed bug and scabies bites take at least a month to appear and they switched my room, but I told them I needed everything washed first or else I'd bring the bugs w/me. I was told that's my problem, and given a trash bag. A few hours later, a man that works there showed up and told me to bring the bag of clothing down & they would wash them for me. I want my money back! This is rediculous. I paid $103 for those first two nights and then $220 for the next week. I just want the money back from when I was in that nasty room. I have always used this hotel and loved it but I will NOT go back. I will stand at the front office everyday telling warning people about the scabies at this motel. And when I first got there, as I was waiting for the maid to clean my room from the last person who was there, I watched her take the sheets and comforter off then put them back on. I just sprayed Lysol and slept ontop of the comforter under my own blanket. It takes months to get rid of scabies, and I cannot work for the next 4-8 weeks, from people being afraid of getting infected. All I want is my money back and for them to quit denying it!

4  Thank Ashesey
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff is excellent and very helpful! Their not a big chain which leaves more room to focus on the customer, I was very pleased. And their military friendly which I thought was outstanding. Will stay again

• Stayed: October 2012
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

One of Knights Inn core value is to, "Make Every Night Just Right for our Guests." To live by this principle we work hard to make sure we are well informed to help our guests feel Dallas as their home. Thank you for recognizing our great service!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Overall good experience clean rooms decent surroundings----quite peaceful--light traffic---very nice staff front desk very welcoming and warm----Laura specifically----moring juice and coffee was an added extra complmentary--very nice---yes i would ahd have been here often--will book here again and excellent budget worthy hotel

Room Tip: i havnt been in every room and depending on time of year i rather stay close to the office thats jus...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I highly recommend Knights Inn Market Center for any that want to stay close to downtown and rely on Great Management, cleansiness, and value! Veronica Salazar goes above and beyond for overall guest comfort! enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
KnightsinnMarket, Owner at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I take great pride in my employees willingness to serve our guests. Veronica is a exemplary manager, she goes above and beyond in making sure our guests needs are meet. Thank you for recognizing that online.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

After a 12 hour day from Nashville, my wife and I were looking for a problem free hotel. We thought we'd give the Knights Inn chain another try (after a previous horror story). I walked into the lobby and was greeted by a friendly couple. They made our check in and stay very agreeable. The room was spacious and welcoming. Very positive experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel Mr. Erik. We have just started our renovation, and I am glad that our guests are already appreciating our efforts. Our complete renovation will finish around mid-November, I hope to see you again then!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel had everything I needed at a Great price. I will stay here again. the rooms are clean the service is great the location is very convenient and centraly located the manager was very acomadating and helpful the staff was helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
KnightsinnMarket, Manager at Knights Inn Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your reviewing our hotel. Our housekeepers and front desk representatives were pleased to read your feedback. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations, every-time you visit our hotel. We will look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.