“Great Place to stay.....”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma city
“Great Place to stay.....”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great centrally located place to stay....the staff was most accomodating and very friendly. The rooms and hotel are clean and the bed allowed for a nice nights sleep. This location is very close to North Park Mall and Whole Foods grocery whcih was a plus for me. Right behind the hotel is an open air mall with great shopping as well.

I would stay here again when traveling to the Dallas area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank gabbygirl59
Kevin G, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay ... I'm glad you found it to be a great place to stay.I truly appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We traveled to Dallas for Southern Methodist University's Family Weekend. Despite making reservations two months in advance, the hotel had no more available rooms with 2 queen beds. The staff did their best to accommodate us by upgrading us (at a higher nightly rate) to a room with a king-size bed and a small couch. We were told that there may be a possibility for a roll-away bed, but since they were first come/first serve, they could not guarantee that one would be available. When we arrived we were told by a very friendly desk clerk that there were no roll-away beds left for that night, but they would try to get us one for the next night. The staff brought bedding for my daughter to use on the small couch. Unfortunately, we didn't get a roll-away bed on any of the 3 nights we were there. Despite this glitch, the room was clean and comfortable. The location was ideal for our purposes, since it is right across the freeway from SMU.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kevin G, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. I do utilize the comments to better prepare our team to ensure we are exceeding our guest expectations. My deepest apologies for not getting the rollaway that you needed. Again , we use the feedback as training topics and I have met with my team internally to revise how we do things to again ensure guest request are met.
If I can be of any further assistance feel free to let me know.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel that we enjoy very much each time we stay. Shuttle service to within 5 miles gets you to SMU, North Park mall and many other POI's. Mockingbird station within walking distance can get you downtown and west end very easily. Other enjoyable restaurants and shopping within walking distance of hotel also. Overall GREAT location. Hotel staff very good although front desk is easily frazzled. Shuttle drivers and bar staff are superb. Exercise facility limited but fine. Rooms are crisp and clean (although in-room a/c units are a tad noisy). I highly recommend this recently renovated property as a solid three star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Kevin G, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the recent post about your stay. We certainly appreciate your business.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with our daughter, who is a freshman at SMU, this past weekend at Holiday Inn Park Cities. Our freshman attempted school work at the hotel on Saturday but could not because Wi-Fi was not available in our corner room. I was told "corner rooms" do not have reliable Wi-Fi and the hotel could not move us because the hotel was full. The rooms are not equipped with landline connections either. When we checked in, the reception desk did not indicate our room was a corner room without Wi-Fi. If we had known, our daughter would have made other accommodations for school work. Due to this Wi-Fi problem, our student returned to campus to do school work and our family plans over Parents Weekend were pushed to late Saturday night. Unfortunately, this was not the only problem encountered. When checking out on Sunday, I noticed the room rate was $14 higher per night than the rate on my email confirmation. The front desk indicated my email confirmed rate was the SMU student/faculty rate. Reception did not ask for my daughter's school ID at check-in nor did they tell me the rate was changed. When my daughter presented her SMU student ID at check-out the hotel changed the rate back to the reserved rate. This hotel is in a fabulous location within easy, safe, walking distance to SMU. The lobby is charming. Rooms are clean. I feel the absence of Wi-Fi is not acceptable in 2013 for any business class hotel, and the hotel has an obligation to ensure reliable Wi-Fi (or a landline) is available in every room in the hotel....or disclose on their website this enormous deficiency.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. I will further look into the rate and contact you directly if that's acceptable by you.

We have met with and continue to meet to upgrade our Wifi connectivity. This is something that I'm directly involved with and we will see improvements here over the next few weeks.

Thank you for your busy as I truly do appreciate it.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

too bad there was no continental breakfast i dont like staying where there is no breakfast in the
morning i rather spend more money and go stay where they have that like the embassy suites dont want to wake up from just coming in from out of town to drive more to find breakfast it should have been provided

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear jyarbro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our hotel is a full service Holiday Inn which means that we have a full service restaurant on site for your dining pleasure. I apologize if we do not provide a free breakfast, but we do however provide each guest with a cooked to order meal. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and great smelling linens. No mess and wifi worked great.
Nice staff, overtly helpful and willing to go the extra mile to help you.
Friendly!!!
Elevators quick, food and beer excellent. 5 stars!

• Stayed September 2013
Colorado
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn. We stayed for only one night so we didn't spend a lot of time here, but I can say it is very nicely decorated and more upscale looking. There is a nice lounge and bar area right next to the lobby. We did not have a drink or eat there, but it looked like a nice place to have a drink. Our room was clean and new looking. The bed was very comfortable -no complaints there.

The problem comes with the location of the hotel right next to a freeway. Our room was on that side of the building and the noise at night kept me awake. I heard motorcycles racing each other, etc. The other problem is that the air-conditioning is very loud, which when it is on it helped drown out the freeway noise, but it cycles off and on and when it went on after being off for a while it was loud enough to wake you. So.....see if you can get a room on the other side of the building or bring earplugs.

We did have breakfast buffet the next morning and it was good but pricey. I think it was $30plus for 2 of us and if we had known it was that much we would not have eaten there as we just wanted something light. There was no menu or sign and we didn't ask unfortunatey. We actually thought the breakfast was included, but again my mistake.

Everyone at the front desk was very polite, friendly and professional.

Would I stay here again? I would but it probably won't be my first choice in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the expressway