“Great hotel”

Ranked #75 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay at this La Quinta at least once a year. I come to see a physician in Dallas. The hotel is very close to his office, and the hotel provides me transportation to and from the doctor's office. The rooms are very, very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. I love that the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave, in addition to the usual coffee pot, hair dryer and iron that you usually find in hotel rooms. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
okc
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for ou/texas weekend. Great location, and the hotel was really nice. Northpark mall is really close too. There is alot of stuff on both sides of the highway, so plenty to do.
The beds were great. Very comfy. Had great pillows too. Big, fluffy, and each bed had 3 pillows, which was nice. I will say that we were on the side facing the highway, and it was pretty loud. It actually woke me up the first night, but I was so tired the next night, I didn't hear a thing.
The shower was nice and hot, and nice shower head. Also, the shower had a place to put shampoo, etc. I saw this because one of the last hotels I stayed at didn't even have a place to put soap, shampoo, etc.
This hotel has inside entrances also, so that is good. The doors are inside the hotel, instead of opening your door and you're outside.
The prices were a good 30% higher this weekend here because of the ou/texas game, but I think all hotels jack up the prices this weekend. Noticed the prices were much lower the week after.
We checked in at 3:30, and we had to wait about 10-15min for our room to be ready. Another guy was checking in at same time, and they told him at least 30 more minutes before his room was ready. This is annoying, because you either have to wait there, or go waste time somewhere else till you can go back. I've never been to a hotel and the room wasn't ready after 3pm!
They do allow dogs, and I know this because a lady down the hall had about 4 of them barking at 10pm. Then, she was up about 6:30am, and they were again barking. Pretty annoying. This would've been a problem, but we were already up, and getting ready to leave for the day. If I'd been alseep, I would've been pretty upset.
WE also counted 9 Direct TV trucks in the parking lot. Don't know whats goiing on with that, convention or something? They were there all weekend though. Parking wasn't a problem, we were there by 10pm, so no problem finding a space.
Besides the room not ready, everything was very good. Nice place, nice hotel, nice stay. I would stay here again, but if I have to wait on a room again, may not give them another chance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Stepper950
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The location worked out great for us as we were in town visiting family. We were able to get off and on central expressway (I 75) easily, making it very easy for us to get to our family, as well as to stores for shopping and to several restaurants that we wanted to revisit during our trip back to Dallas.

Stepping into La Quinta is like taking a step back to the eighties with dark green/blue carpet, popcorn ceiling, white formica countertops, and heavy dark green drapes. Our suite was well suited for a business trip with a computer desk station, lamp, leather chair and telephone. Also a sofa that wasn't quite centered under a large picture of a nondescript floral scene. Our room and bathroom was clean and although it lacked any certain style, our needs were met. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Our suite did have a small refrigerator, single serve coffee machine and a microwave.

Be warned that Direct TV employees stay here and the entire parking lot was full of their work vans and there was lots smoking going on late at night outside. We were able to find a parking spot toward the south end of the building, which was actually closer to the elevator rather than having to walk through the front lobby.

As the hotel is near the highway, there is a slight sound of traffic from the room, but nothing too distracting.

For breakfast, my husband went downstairs to retrieve hot coffee, a sweet danish and I had cold yogurt with a banana. Not too memorable, but it was better than nothing.

Checking in and out was extremely quick and easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twofromtexas42
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ian has gone out of his way for me and my family's stays for the past year. Every request I have asked for has been provided with a friendly and courteous smile in his voice and in person when I checked in. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've stayed here twice now. Both times, my rooms have been very clean, well-maintained and quiet. Never any problems in room. I enjoy that this hotel offers room service, so you can get a full meal without leaving your room (and driving in Dallas traffic). Breakfast is pretty extensive for La Quinta. The front desk staff is always very friendly. Sometimes the parking lot gets really full, but I have still been able to luck out and get a spot within view of my room.

The price is pretty good, too, for being in North Dallas. The rooms haven't been updated lately (still the older bedspreads, carpet and artwork) so that's probably why. It is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo