“Great accomodations”

A La Quinta traveler
Signal Mountain, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I've stayed here twice now. Both times, my rooms have been very clean, well-maintained and quiet. Never any problems in room. I enjoy that this hotel offers room service, so you can get a full meal without leaving your room (and driving in Dallas traffic). Breakfast is pretty extensive for La Quinta. The front desk staff is always very friendly. Sometimes the parking lot gets really full, but I have still been able to luck out and get a spot within view of my room.

The price is pretty good, too, for being in North Dallas. The rooms haven't been updated lately (still the older bedspreads, carpet and artwork) so that's probably why. It is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Galveston Island, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Thank you for everything, smooth and effective. Could use mini fridge/microwaves. Location was great with the business conducted. Will stay again if given opportunity. Thank you and many thanks to all staff, GREAT JOB!

A TripAdvisor Member
Midland, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The only place I would stay !! The room was very nice and comfortable . Everyone was friendly and helpful .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE AND IT'S LOCATION!! I stay here often! Please read my candid comments !! Collect & Use Your LQ Rewards points and save money, too! Nothing is perfect, but for the cash, this place is really 'OK' and enjoyable!
***General Personnel:::: Efficient, Helpful, Professional
***Front Desk Personnel:::: Efficient, Helpful, Professional Upon Arrival & During Stay
***Phone Service::::*SEE 'Calling Before Arrival' (below)*
***Phone Service::::Quick Answer Calling From Rooms
***Rooms::::: Floors & Carpets Clean, Bathroom Sparkled, Sheets Fresh, No Odors, No Evidence
***Bathroom::::: Clean, Three Towel Sets, One Mat, No Hair Conditioner, No Shower Cap
***Coffee Pot::::: 'One CUP at-a-time', (Disposable Senseo-type pods) Ask for *Extra* Pods Early!
***Internet Service:::: Sufficient for Business and Communications, and Slow Gamers
***Television::::: Flat Screen, Medium Size
***BACON:: None! No Sausage, either! Breakfast is otherwise ''VERY'' nice with plenty of choices.
***Calling Before Arrival:::: Do not 'agree' to be ""On Hold"" (Loud Obnoxious Music)
***Noise::: None! My rooms have always been quiet, clean, and comfortable!
***OVERALL:::: I prefer this hotel over all others because it is dependable, comfortable, located in a great area close to hospitals, doctors, shopping, freeway access! I can go to Northpark Shopping Mall, strip mall and all major stores, book stores, Sam's Club, Whole Foods Market, The Cheesecake Factory, and most well-known places people look for when choosing a hotel.
The main entrance for check-in is on the 2nd level in the front, but the backside rooms of the hotel is on a lower level. You should ask for your preferences if you want close access to the dining room, outdoor pools, etc. Everyone can have a bad experience at any hotel. Remember that the rate quoted may have taxes added, so ask beforehand. Remember that the people who work there can't know whether a guest will behave badly, so it can happen at any hotel. Don't be discouraged by the few unhappy people leaving bad reviews, because the HAPPY people usually won't take time to complain! Considering how many people must stay at this hotel all year, most of them must be happy! I chatted with other guests and everyone seemed cheerful and most had stayed there before. This 'review' is specific to my stays at this hotel, and I would definitely recommend it to my friends, and entertain my grandchildren here.

Room Tip: Driving north or south on Central Expressway?? Check your driving directions and choose the **corr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank txbx75456
A La Quinta traveler
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2012

3  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I came to Dallas for a funeral. I had called 3 weeks or so prior, knowing this was coming. I wanted to lock in a cheaper rate by booking early. I was told that $76.50 was a walk in rate. When I made the reservation the day I drove in, it was about $10 higher. I arrived and found the double room does not have a refrigerator in the room. I was there for 4 nights, so I needed this feature. It was going to be $99 a night. I asked if they could please give me a break on the total price. The personnel said they would ask Mr. DeGuzman. And also told me when he arrives each day for work. I never could catch him. Finally, Alexandra told me he would speak to me personally about this and reach me. That never happened. It was disappointing. No follow through.
Then there is another thing I want to ask the corporation to look at or change, and that is the shower head. I realize hotels want to save water etc. But the pressure out of the shower head was really not acceptable for a comfortable shower each morning.
A couple of good points should be made. I hate to be negative only.. The hotel overall was clean. And I left a pair of black loafters at the hotel. Normally, I do not ever get articles like that back. I called a girl named Shenika and she was wonderful to follow up on this for me. She found them. One shoe had gotten separated from another but she was good to research this and keep them until my boyfriend could go and get them. I hope someone in upper management reads this so Shenika can be rewarded for her customer service. THANKS!
We do stay at LaQuintas nearby. Mainly have been at Decatur, TX and in Denton, TX locations. They are wonderful.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from North Central Expressway. The poolside rooms are quieter on the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple