“Home away from home”

Ranked #120 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Hutto, Texas, United States
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

First, I love the updates at the property. Very tasteful and yet again, a very successful trip for me. When I checked in, I was greeted by Paul, who remembers me from all the times before. It is so wonderful to walk in and be treated like family. Thank you for maintaining the continuity for us return visitors.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

First impression of the outside of the hotel isn't great - you can tell it's an older hotel and the outside could use a fresh cost of paint. It is a two story building as, as far as I could tell, there is no elevator. I was pleasantly surprised by the room - it was very clean and looked new. The bathroom (at least the portion with the shower/tub and toilet) was not as nice, but wasn't bad. The beds were comfortable.

Unfortunately, there is a LOT of noise from outside. My room faced the highway, so it was constant highway noise and several sirens each night. It sounded like a window or door was open all night. Anybody having a conversation while walking outside the rooms can be clearly heard.

If there was a way to keep the highway noise out, I would have no problem staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LeaH1109
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel last week. Free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast. We had a second floor room facing the highway. Noisy in the room because of the traffic driving by, but I live by a highway at home so it didn't really bother us. We didn't hear any noise from the other units so that was nice. The beds were pretty small but they were comfortable. There was security on foot in the parking lot every night which was nice to see. There was also a 24hr Denny's right beside the hotel for those late night snacks. Staff was nice and very helpful and the rooms were clean. I'd stay there again if I was in the Dallas area as it was only a 7 minute drive downtown. Just wished there was a mini fridge...

Room Tip: Rooms along the back will probably be less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The issues that I encountered: The building is in a state of disrepair. I would suggest that it needs a bit more than a fresh coat of paint. The floors in the bathroom were dirty and a bit cracked. The door frames had water damage and were breaking. The front door looked as though it had been broken into once or twice. I didn't not receive housekeeping services (Due to pets) so I can not speak on those services, but I don't believe that the turn over from guest to guest was done properly. The bathtub was dirty (no mold/mildew) but grime on the tub from other people bathing and it not being clean. The beds were made well, but we did notice some staining on the comforter of one of the twin beds - we slept in the other one. Solutions: This hotel is in a very convenient location, but it looks very run down. I would suggest a full renovation of the exterior; patching, paint, new door on some of the rooms, cleaning up the grounds, etc. As for the interior, I would suggest a closer eye on the housekeeping staff and double checks to see that they are cleaning properly. La Quinta is my families go to hotel chain when we travel, but this experience has made us reconsider brands for our next trip to Dallas. I would suggest a walk through of the grounds and spot checking individual rooms for cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Odessa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The price is good, the room is good, the food is ok, but that all goes down the toilet when you can't sleep and are scared for your safety all night long! We stayed on the bottom floor last room of the building right next to Denny's. The clerk put us there after we asked for the quietest room possible. Go figure! We were distrubed all night long with people outside our bedroom window talking, car alarms going off, cars racing in and out of the parking lot, people screaming, it was crazy!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good hotel for a good price. Lots of noise that cannot be helped by the hotel since it is next to a 24 hours Denny's. Also, the doors of this place face the outside so if this is a concern find another more modern La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends