“Great value for your money”

La Quinta Inn Dallas Uptown
Ranked #118 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
A TripAdvisor Member
Brownsville, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed three nights. Was there for a concert. Easy access to the Dallas/Lovefield airport and
American Airlines Center. Great shopping and dinning nearby. The suite was completely remodeled and very spacious. The freeway was a little noisy but tolerable. Great service by staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

A TripAdvisor Member
Ardmore, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything was great! It was just across the freeway from our son,s place ,it was located very conveniently to everything we needed and places we wanted to go.the staff was great and i would not hesitate to tell anyone it was A good and affordable place. I have been to your hotels with my family since 2001. I am always pleased with our stay.I will always come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked a specific room as we had a number of people we needed accommodations for. We were not given the room we requested and were not assigned rooms near one another. Which is fine after all it was a one night stay. The reason for this review is because I had left a personal belonging in one of the rooms. I called the front desk 2 days after to see if it had been recovered by the cleaning staff. The receptionist said "oh we haven't cleaned that room yet, so it should be in there still". I was like are you serious. Thank you for retrieving my personal belonging but the room had left over food in the trash for 2 days. I don't know why they would wait so long to clean the room we stayed in. It's just gross and to think they run all the rooms this way. All I can think of is BUGS. If they are not maintaining the rooms 100%, what else are they doing not at normal standards.

Room Tip: This is a motel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PoshCGR
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had to travel to the Dallas area for medical appointments. I booked the room on-line at the AARP/Senior rate. When we arrived, I was asked what we were going to be doing during our stay. When I explained, the price of our room was lowered by $10 a night. We had to check out early and were not charged any type of fee. The rooms were clean, nice selection of breakfast items. Expect some traffic noise as the hotel sits right next to a main highway, but with the AC on it was hardly noticeable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 270dlynnm
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

If you take into consideration that it is a motel just next to a highway, the rooms are clean and comfy, staff is helpfull and the value for the price is good. The location is excellent for first time visitors.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Bole365
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When I booked this motel (the door opens to the outside) I was predominately doing it to save money and because it was within walking distance to SMU where I would be attending events. Knowing that it was right off the highway and in a Denny's parking lot, my expectations were low and I expected a rough neighborhood. Turns out there is a great upscale bar scene just down Henderson Ave. and the surrounding neighborhood is not bad. Staff were very nice and the Denny's provided a good alternative to the hotel's continental breakfast. Would stay here again and it is about a 20 minute walk to SMU so that was not bad if that is the main reason for your visit. Some have complained that highway noise was bad for sleeping, but this was not a problem for me. Also, they were doing maintenance in a lot of the rooms when I was there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank nctravlr12
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel has always been in the perfect location for my trips to Dallas. And, I'm usually a huge La Quinta Inn fan. But, this was most likely my last visit to this location. I've been burned before on these older hotels with each room having it's own door to an outside corridor (upstairs, or, opening to the sidewalk on the ground floor) and this was my last time staying at one. There always seems to be an atmosphere that anything goes and it's party time when it's an older hotel like this. Who wants that noise and the idea that someone might be messing around with vehicles or whatever. Nothing like that happened here, but I was prepared for it.

The first night wasn't bad but the second night was horrendous. The partiers and general loud young folks in the back were too much. They kept walking by my room on the upstairs walkway talking at full volume, swearing and babbling on and on. "I ain't got no food, I ain't got no water, I ain't got no money..".. Who wants to hear that at 2:00 am. And at 3:00 am, and at 4:00 am.. It's not like you could open your room door and see who's out there. It's my own fault for having a room in the back of the hotel, I've never been back there before and it most likely wouldn't have happened in the front of the hotel where the street view and the office is. But, it was a free-for-all in the back. Never again.

But, other than that..

Although it's a pretty old two-level-motel-like hotel with each room having its own door to the exterior, everything worked and it had a great bed and pillows and clean, thick towels and a great TV with a ton of cable channels. And, the breakfast was good with hardboiled eggs, packets of oatmeal, waffles and pastries, yogurt, etc. Although, on the second morning the same two hardboiled eggs were in the little plastic case and they were warm, so I passed on them. I also noticed that the yogurt containers are now 4oz instead of 6oz. Weird, when did that change over? Pretty recently, I haven't noticed that before about two weeks ago.

The front desk folks were OUTSTANDING! They saved the visit for me. I think they're doing some remodeling, but boy, there's a lot of work to do to update this hotel, a lot of work. One thing I would add is a full-time security guard to walk around at night, and I mean literally keep walking around the hotel and walkways and parking lots, etc., from dusk to dawn. It would add a LOT of peace of mind for the guests staying here and especially for those who are in the back of the hotel. My last review of this hotel was pretty glowing I think, and it still gets a "very good" for the front desk folks and the location, but it'll be my last review of this hotel, unfortunately.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the back of the hotel. I'm assuming they put folks back there thinking it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business