“Good buy! upscale hotel at a small price”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #24 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We booked a last minute trip to Dallas and ended up paying $69+tax for a room with a king size bed.

The room was spacious and confy and had all the great elements of a four star: Great lobby, awesome glass elevator, robes in the closet, fluffy SUPER COMFORTABLE bed and pillows...

For the price it was great!

Check your bill though because we were charged twice for parking, they changed that no questions asked.

The internet was very slow and will cost you $10. Parking is $18, vallet only. The is another parking lot not far away but it is no in and out and cost $10...
Another negative was that the room are not very soundproofed. I woke up in the morning to the noise of a bed squeaking and moans (Seriously it was right out of a movie). Also it is right next to the metro so you hear trains. Nothing too bad

we had a great view of the city (17th floor) which was great, overall I am extremely happy with my stay and the few negatives are greatly outweigh by the positives. This is a great choice, especially if you can get a deal!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vouvoune

Reviewed February 20, 2007

We can't believe we got this hotel for $60/ night through Priceline. They added a fee and tax, so the total per night was $74. It was a great deal! The room was located on the 24th floor and had a great view of the Dallas skyline. Occasionally we could hear the train station below, but it wasn't much of a problem. We didn't want to give up the great view. The beds were very comfortable. We tried to go up to the revolving bar/restaurant, but were turned away because my son was wearing his new SMU t-shirt he had just purchased after his tour. They did, however, give us free admission to the observation deck. Valet parking is $16 and a self-park (no in and out priviledges) is available accross the street for $10. Get good directions for this hotel because it is hard to find.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank tamaralea
Reviewed February 11, 2007

The Hyatt Regency Dallas greats each guest with open arms and personal attention that would make you feel as if you are the only one in the hotel. Walking in the grande 15-or so story atrium the HRD makes an impressive frst impression. Although the hotel is massive, check in is swift and finding your room is suprisingly easy. Tonight we have a twist on chicken parm. from the hotel restaurant that actualy put a smile on my face. The concierge helped plan a wounderful tour of the city (I passed on the personal tour service for $40.00 an hour) starting with the much visited "6th floor museum". What I love about Hyatt is the little computer that allows you to check in to your flight, print out a bording pass, and sometimes even check baggage before you even leave the hotel. Even if you dont stay here I think a lunch or dinner ontop of the 50 story revolving restaurant atop the connected Reunion Tower is a must - the view is the best of all the city!! The Hyatt is a great place to stay in Dallas- nothing special or out of the ordinary but as far as downtown hotels go I would absolutly recomend this property.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank JAXtravel
Reviewed February 10, 2007

The Hyatt Regency Dallas could be described as a finely executed downtown mega-hotel. With over a thousand rooms, the hotel is simply massive. The front lobby always has a high level of traffic and I expect that the hotel is quite capable of handling huge conventions. There seemed to be quite a few on during my visit last year.

Because the hotel is so large, you may not receive the personalized service you would expect from a smaller luxury hotel; however, I could find nothing to complain about during my visit.

The valet parking was efficient, check in was swift (they also use an automated check out system which was very fast) and the room was everything you would expect from the Hyatt. All the furnishings were modern and luxurious. You will most certainly be impressed with the high level of detail and quiet sleep you receive in their sumptuous beds.

I also recommend a visit to the upper floor observation deck and lounge. Our group enjoyed a nice bottle of Champagne while taking in the best possible view in Dallas. This would also be a choice location for a special date or celebration.

I would highly recommend the Dallas Hyatt Regency for a romantic stay for two, a convention or a business stay. I'm sure you will be happy with your experience!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank reclermo
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Altough the Quality of the Hotel was nice, our family was extremely ripped off. My Brother spent over $10,000 at this hotel, to celebrate his 25th Wedding anniversary. Our Family flew in from all over the U.S. to share this event. The hotel stole from us in several ways:

1) Charged us $150.00 per regular room, when the current rate was posted at $99.00 per room. They refused to adjust the rates.

2) Charged us for 17 rooms (we contracted for 15) and we ONLY USED 15 rooms! They refused to correct this (we had proof of the rooms used)

3) After spending over $6,000.00 on a banquet, the servers took away the food before all of the guests had a chance to eat. They removed over 40% of the food, that we paid for. When I confronted the manager (who was not present at the Banquet)she was misinformed by her staff, about the time that the food was removed, and then said "We can't leave food out, for health reasons" I never heard of anyone getting ill form eating food that has sitting in a buffet for one hour!!

4) We prepaid $1,200 for all of the server's gratuities, including $250.00 to the bartender, but the bartender would ignore you if you didn't flash money in his face.

5) Upon check out, I noticed that they added $10.00 to my bill. I asked them what it was for, and they said it was to pay for 2 bottles of water that were in my room. I told them I never drank the water, and they can look to make sure the water is still there. I was told "sometimes housekeeping makes mistakes." I spoke to other guests, and they too were charged for water that they never drank.

Over all, I would have to say that the GREED of this hotel management caused the employees to cross the line several times, which resulted in very significant theft.

The reason they get away with it, is because no one confronts it and tries to correct it. We will never stay at another Hyatt again!

Sad to report......... Buyer Beware!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank TIKVAHALPERT
Reviewed December 29, 2006

The rooms are quite nice. The bed was very comfortable. We didn't like our first room (you couldn't see the television), so they gave us one where you could comfortably see it. It was across from the train station, but the noise bothered me not. The employees were nice and helpful in every way.

• Stayed: November 2006
Reviewed December 27, 2006

I have no complaints about this hotel. It's beautiful on the outside and even more on the inside. Staff is very helpful. The rooms are big and the beds very comfortable. I didn't know what to expect after the numerous negative reviews, but I have nothing but good things to say for this hotel. To all those that complain of the price, learn to use priceline. We only paid $70 for our beautiful room. No complaints here. I highly recommend this place. It's in a wonderful location.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple