“Fantastic Meeting Venue - Meeting Planners MUST SEE”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #21 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Somerset, WI
“Fantastic Meeting Venue - Meeting Planners MUST SEE”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This venue was a dream from a meeting planners standpoint. The space was great and the staff was AMAZING. Wish every city had the Hyatt Regency Dallas staff in it!

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
oklahoma
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I have high standards when I travel since I am myself am in the tourism field and have a degree in tourism. I had booked on priceline and was not disappointed! Sure, its $ 20 a night to valet park, but we went in mulitple times per day, and our car was always ready within minutes. Not only that, but we were asked if we needed directions. The front desk asked if we were celebrating anything special, which we were, our anniversary. WHen we got back to our room that night, we found a card, chilled wine, and chocolate strawberries! What a nice treat!Room was okay, could have been vacuumed, but overall it was nice. Every staff member we encountered asked how were were and said, " Have a great day!" Only thing that I thought was overpriced was the breakfast! $ 16.00 for a very small buffet, Not very many hot items at all. Next time we will skip that. But all in all, we loved our stay and would stay there again. We felt pampered!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Dallas Area
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Want to have a romantic evening downtown? Beautiful view and friendly, professional staff - but, it stopped there.

The room: If the roar and honks of trains roaring by your room soothes you, then this is your place.

Amenities: The lotion, shampoo, and conditioner supplied had a fragrance that will be with me forever - not in a nice way. They must have gotten a great deal on the "vanilla ginger". Sounds good, right? Ummmmm not good. It haunts me.

The hair dryer could have dried the fur of a small rodent. I have very thin fine hair that can dry in 90 seconds at home. It took me 15 minutes to dry my hair.

No need to exfoliate, the shower will take care of that. It was like needles coming at you at near boiling-point temperatures.

I wanted an exceptional hotel experience for my husband's 50th birthday and got a mediocre one at best

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed September 29, 2009

For the second time this year I had a weekend work/pleasure trip to Dallas. Last time I stayed at the Hilton Anatole, and this time I stayed at the Hyatt Regency, some of my comments are comparisons.

I got a great deal on this room at $50/night + tax. They get you on the parking, though....$20 per day for Valet. (Normally I'd self-park, but if you do that you pay $10 every time you exit the lot....no thanks) The valet service can be charged to your room but it is managed by a separate company. Be sure you check your charges carefully upon check-out...the valet company tried to charge us for an extra day's worth of parking. The front desk clerk quickly caught & corrected this issue.

The desk clerk was pleasant and happy to accomodate our request to be in the tower and on a higher floor. (She also gave us a room with a great view). Other front desk staff were also pleasant, as was the concierge.

The Fitness Center in this hotel had some of the nicest equipment I've seen at a hotel fitness center, and is open 24/7. The 3rd floor rooftop pool was small but we didn't do any swimming.

The room we got was non-smoking and had 2 double beds. The room seemed small and the furniture was just ok...seemed somewhat dated. The bathroom was nice and we had excellent water pressure even on the 23rd floor.

There are train tracks that run right by the hotel and yes, you'll probably hear trains at some point during the night. They weren't loud enough to wake me up but might be a problem for light sleepers.

I like to sleep with the room cold, so the first thing I did when we got to the room was to turn the thermostat down to about 65 degrees. Even with the thing set on high the room never got below about 68...usually hovering around 70. The ac was also very quiet which can be a bad thing because it doesn't drown out any other noise. Sounds in the hall & in adjacent rooms weren't muffled well in this hotel.

I had planned to at least stop by the Wolfgang Puck restaurant or lounge but never made it up there so I can't comment on that.

Overall I was pleased with the hotel, but considering that our stay at the Hilton Anatole was only $10 more per night, I'd much rather stay there instead.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
kansas city, mo
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I actually got a great price for this hotel on priceline. I stayed 4 nights at $60 a night. I was very excited until I found out the parking situation. I was told I could either pay $10 each time I entered the garage or $20 a day for valet.

the room was small and outdated. the air conditioner never cooled down the room enough despite constantly running. the walls are also very thin and I could always hear the people in the next rooms. the closet was very small as well. I was surprised to find the beds were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. the hotel was close to the highway but not much else I would be interested in. I think the ultimate disappointment was the pool. it is only 5 ft deep and very very tiny. I recommend the Hilton Anatole. my visit there in april 2009 was amazing!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank acballinger
Northern California
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I had heard so many nice things about this hotel and trusted the opinion of the person who raved about it. I must say, it was not quite what I was expecting. Now let me start by saying that I was there for 7 nights and got a screaming deal on the Hyatt website. The rate was $67 for four of the nights and about $80 for the other three. This was direct with Hyatt and not a third party booking service.

The hotel was very crowded on our arrival and during the entire stay for that matter. Despite the fact that we have a Diamond status with Hyatt, we had a very small, outdated room, no upgrades available. The television old, the furniture was dinged and worn looking , the bed was very uncomfortable (unusual for Hyatt), the linens were thin, the air didn't work great and the closet was extremely small. In our reservation, we also requested non-feather bed pillows and comforter due to allergies and it took them two days to get that right.

I think the most disappointing thing of all was that they no longer have a regency club. My source had told me that this property had one of the best regency clubs around. Evidently, it closed earlier this year. As a result, breakfast was served in the restaurant and complimentary to Diamond members. It was okay and we only ate there one time.

Some other items to note; the hotel is not within walking distance to any real restaurants or activities. It is conveniently located near the freeways and is easy to access if you are traveling around the Dallas area. The parking was about $20 per day for valet and what seemed odd was that each day when returning our vehicle we had to get a new ticket and start all over, rather than keep the same one for our entire trip. This seemed to waste time, particularly when the hotel was so busy. The pool resembles a large bath tub and is located on the roof on the 3rd floor. Okay if you want a quick cool down, but not a good place for families.

Not sure if I would stay here again. There were a lot of negatives and the only true positive was the price. Don't know if that outweighs the downside. I think on my next trip to Dallas I would opt for staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank hulahunny
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency on July 25th, our 28th Wedding Anniversary! I had booked the room through Priceline, and when we arrived at the front desk to check in, we were warmly greeted by Alicia. She was "on loan" from the #1 rated Hotel in Dallas------the sister property Hyatt DFW, due to a big Mary Kay convention going on. When I informed Alicia that we were celebrating our Anniversary, she went behind the counter to check with a manager, and came back to tell us she was going to upgrade us to a Executive King room, and also was going to send some chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne to our room! I have read many comments about people getting less than average customer service when a Priceline reservation has been made, but they did not mention it at all. They (Alicia) made our stay the best that it could be, and we are very appreciative for that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple