“Great hotel with one exception”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #22 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stuart, FL
“Great hotel with one exception”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a convention and had a very nice stay at this Hyatt. Good location to several Dallas tourist spots and restaurants. We had a 17th floor room facing Downtown and Union Station. There are trains here and some people might be bothered by the lite noise but we did not feel that was a problem traded off for the view. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. The ONE EXCEPTION, the designer of the otherwise well designed and furnished room made a HUGE mistake with the bathroom door(s). There are 2 doors hung from a track that have to both be closed when using the bathroom. These rattle and bump opening and closing and are very annoying especially in the middle of the night!! Hyatt please make a change to this in the future, your rooms were so well designed, laid out and furnished otherwise.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San francisco, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very accessible. Good location. In the guest room, I was Impressed with the lighting under the bed, and the window shades which are controlled electronically by guests. Internet access is free in the guest room. Wake up call excellent as I tended to ignore all sorts of alarms. House cleaning schedule can be improved. Noise level was a bit high. Otherwise, It was quite a pleasant stay at Hyatt.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time to stay at the Hyatt, overall a great place. I had an issue with my shower door but after mentioning it, it was fixed promptly. The staff here has always been willing to go the extra mile for help. The rooms are always clean and the views are spectacular. We will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My mother and I had high expectations for this hotel. It is visually pristine with what we believed to be spectacular access to Dealey Plaza, the historic site of the Kennedy assassination. That being said, it still has a lot to work on. The Front Drive felt more like the entrance to a DC parking garage, not one of a beautiful hotel.
The lobby was gorgeous, and they even had free flavored water at the check-in desk. However, this was the only day of our trip that had this water. Staff ensured us the water should be put back out throughout the day, but we never saw it until they put out a sour lemonade for a major group coming in.
My mother and I were captivated by the beauty of the hotel and were eager to see our room. I have no complaints of the room itself. Though we asked for a view of Dealey Plaza, we could only glimpse the top of the Texas School Book Depository. But the lights from the Omni Hotel at night provided us with a wonderful light show each night.
The major problem with the Hyatt was its service. Though the hotel operators and technical support would address you by name and call to followup, they did it with almost no enthusiasm. The only person who displayed any true enthusiasm to me was a hostess at the restaurant. And I only asked where the stairs were. Speaking of the stairs, they look like a fire escape. They are clearly not designed for guest travel, but then why allow guests to access them?
But now, I must discuss the hotel's greatest problem. The concierges. Never, in all my years of traveling, have I met a more incompetent guest services department. One of them, however, an African American woman who served us on the first day, was amazing. She recommended restaurants, gave us maps, and even called our room to see if we still planned to go there and if we'd like her to arrange a taxi. It went downhill from there. They would contradict each other constantly. One told my mom to buy a SuperShuttle ticket for the airport, while another told me that there was no way to buy SuperShuttle tickets. One would say a certain BBQ restaurant was 1.8 miles away and the other would say it was 30 miles away. It got to the point where we could not even rely on the concierges for anything. Especially Weston. I don't think Weston has heard the phrase "the guest is always right." When I was asking for directions to a restaurant, he looked at me and asked "Do you know where it is?" He gave me false information on every occasion I spoke to him. When the lobby computers shut down and we were told to use the concierge computer to print our boarding passes, Weston questioned us and refused to let us use the computer until he cleared it with someone else. Then, he ignored us when we tried to ask him where the printer was.

Overall, the hotel is a great place if you're trying to get a place to sleep. That being said, do not rely on the concierges and find out everything for yourself. It's the best place to be close to Dealey Plaza.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on a higher floor. If you would like a room with a view of Dealey Plaza, ask for on...
Green Features: To be perfectly honest, I never really noticed these practices.
Houston, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was my first visit at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas. The check in was smooth, the room was nice, and the location made access to the conference I was attending a breeze. When another convention came to the hotel, everything went haywire. Housekeeping didn't make it to my room until after 3 pm and people sat outside in the halls on the phone and talking to each other until midnight. Fortunately, the room was comfortable and I had enough work to keep me busy until things quieted down. The hotel is beautiful and perfect for business and pleasure.

Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Attended a conference at this facility and it was a great place. Beautiful hotel and friendly staff. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. There are places within walking distance such the West End with dining options. Bus stop right outside Union Station, which is attached by a tunnel. and free trolley can be accessed by walking several blocks. It takes you into the West Village area. Concierge service is very helpful!

Buffalo, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

great Hotel, Bar, and well appointed rooms made this an overall "swanky" experience at the Dalls downtown Hyatt Regency. The room was immaculate, staff was friendly and helpful, and the Bar was a great area to hang out after meetings and conferences, with plenty of bar space and a nice lounge with a bunch of big screens to watch sporting events. There are a few nice nice local restaurants within walking distance if you are willing to explore. Definitely recommend a stay. Will return if I ever have to go back to Dallas. And now I am just trying to get to the 200 word minimum for trip advisor, I hope this text box turns from pink to white soon so I can stop texting and submit my review, I'm not sure If I would ever write a review again now that I know how difficult it can be to do so. It's surprising how long 200 words actually is, I guess I could go back and count to see how close I am...maybe I'm there already....I'll try and resubmit I guess...