“Nice property, but not for the noise sensitive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Dallas

Ranked #20 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice property, but not for the noise sensitive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

First time staying at this hotel, and was surprised with how easy it was. Check in was a breeze, and no waits for the elevator or taxis. Although room reservation was for a king bed, the two doubles were spacious, comfortable and very clean. There was a large desk area to be able to work, with plenty of plugs to access. Beds were very comfortable including sheets, pillows and down comforter. Room darkening shades blocked all light from outside.

Bathroom was above average, although I was surprised that with a new hotel, they still put in a rather small tub with curved rod and hanging curtain. Standard bathroom amenities as found in all hotels today.

My only issue with the entire property was the noise in the room. I was given a 16th floor room that faces the freeway. All night you could hear trucks changing gears and non-stop traffic. The sound from the HVAC unit wouldn't drown out the sounds. So if you're a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you.

My only meal in the hotel was at the Centennial Café. They had just changed their menu and my salmon was good and the service excellent. It's a nice set up the way they have all the restaurants on the 2nd floor.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I'd like to express my deepest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our staff is committed to providing a great guest experience and would be more than happy to find a quiet room that satisfies your every need. I hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Hyatt Regency Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I attended a dance convention/competition at this hotel recently. First off, the rooms were clean and recently updated, so the decor was nice. We unfortunately had a room on the third floor by the elevator and on the front side of the hotel facing the train station/tracks. The elevator noise was horrible and the trains came in honking horns all night it seems. Fortunately, I brought an air purifier that masked some of sounds, but it was still not a great situation. They should definitely provide a white noise machine in all of the rooms facing the trains as a courtesy. If you can, request a room on the back side of the hotel on a higher floor. Of course the elevators were slow and packed, so higher floors may have different problems.

While the reception desk was pleasant and efficient, the rest of the hotel staff was disappointing. We went swimming one night, and they were completely out of towels. The bell hop who I had to check my bags with was no where to be found for awhile, and he left a cart full of bags unattended in an empty hallway, including the one that fell off the cart. The valet set up is not explained, and the valet couldn't tell me how much it would be to park. I can see why this is confusing. The sign says $18 per night, but the hotel charged me $26. He also knocked my air purifier off my suitcase and cracked it I think. I just know that he moved it to the sidewalk from behind my car and then I noticed a crack in the handle.

There is no food nearby and the valets are pretty slow, so plan on bringing food with you (a small fridge was in the room) or spending lots of money on barely palatable stuff from the hotel. If they set up a buffet in front of an event with burgers and fries...run! It was one of the most disgusting "burgers" I have ever had. Grizzly, cold on a stale bun. Slightly better food is in Coffee's Post, but the lines are horrendous especially during peak times. This could be easily remedied with a mobile cashier, but service like that doesn't seem to be important here. The maid (while very sweet) opened my room door while I was there, despite the privacy sign being on the door. To me, privacy means, "Don't open the door, even to give me fresh towels. I am all set."

I think they host a lot of conventions here, so being at the designated hotel might be enough of a reason to stay here. If I ever have to come back, I will bring plenty of food for lunches and snacks, try to figure out another parking option besides the valets, and request a better room location. Also, the standard, non-convention rate is ridiculous. If you don't have a good reason to choose this hotel, keep looking.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel to avoid the train. Avoid third floor with pool and atrium noise. Elevators a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank momma_andrea
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your most recent stay we us. On behalf of the hotel, I'd like to sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We find it very disappointing to hear that we have not met your expectations and encourage you to reach out to our Director of Rooms, Fernando Santana, as we would like to discuss this with you further. He can be reached directly at 214 712 7150.

Guest satisfaction is a high priority to us. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future as we would love to make up for a less desirable stay.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days for work convention. Nice facilities yet all our meals were at Union Station with Wolfgang Puck Catering so I can't comment on that.

Beds were very comfortable and the room was well designed and clean. Automatic blinds and ample power outlets. Nice bathroom, housekeeping did a good job and kept everything stocked.

The train does start rolling through around 6 or so which I could hear from my 8th floor room. Didn't bother me since I had to be up around that time anyway.

I did really enjoy the hotel bar, it had plenty of room for the multiple groups that were at the hotel and had a great TV room and pool table. Service was great.

The elevators ran well with a very little wait, something you don't always get in a building of this size and capacity. Great location to grab a bite and the shuttle took you and would pick you up locally, which was nice since it rained the night we went out for dinner.

I would stay here again if in Downtown Dallas.

1 Thank Sw0rdf1sh
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your review. As a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor we know you understand the value and importance of providing an honest assessment and we greatly value you insight and thoughtful remarks. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and would keep us a top choice during your next downtown Dallas visit. Thank you again for the review and we cannot wait to welcome you as a guest again soon!

Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The many positive reviews stress the pros. To be fair, this hotel has a lot to offer. However, let me point out a couple serious cons.

First, as others have complained, the breakfast prices are laughable. For example, an order of greek yogurt ($8) and coffee ($12) ends up costing nearly $30, which includes a 21% tax and $3.50 delivery fee. I can only imagine what it costs to order a filling breakfast. This price gouging is inconvenient for guests and bad for business. If prices were lower, the hotel would undoubtedly increase sales.

Second, the room was, for lack of a better term, dirty. The pictures I've attached speak for themselves. All of the towels stocked in my bathroom were stained. When I moved a piece of furniture to sit on, the carpeting around the furniture was filthy, showing buildup of dust and dirt. Finally, I had to hand wipe piles of dust off the counter area before laying out my personal items. Cleanliness in a hotel should be priority #1. Lack of cleanliness is a deal breaker for me. I would not return for this reason alone, especially in a city such as Dallas which is full of other hotels. If obvious things, like carpets and shelves are dirty, then how dirty are things that are less obvious, such as the bedding, sink area and shower? This also shows a lack of managerial oversight. How is management unaware of noticeably dirty rooms?

In sum, I would choose another hotel, one in which I feel clean and appreciated.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay here with us. Let me personally apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We appreciate your honest feedback and have shared your comments with our management team. Please contact our Director of Rooms, Fernando Santana personally at 214 712 7150 as we would love to discuss this with you further. I truly hope we get the chance to have you back again!
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed there for a wedding it was great. Room was super clean and really comfortable. Bath room was nice as well. Everything was clean. The bar on the second floor was great and the fact that it was connected through a tunnel to Union Station was a god sent. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
James,

I am so happy hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. We are honored to be your place of choice in Dallas. Hope to see you again soon!

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days, room was good the hotel is luxurious and neat. Breakfast Buffet was really poor and so over priced many places around the hotel offers much better breakfasts. Room was a bit noisy for some reason we could hear the noises of the club.

I had a HUGE issue with FedEx office there as I was expecting to receive a very important and expensive package and I was told it must go through the FedEx office and I had to pay 30 USD to get it as handling fees, I was okay with that until I received a note from the sender that the package was delivered and when I asked for it at the FedEx office they said they did not receive it yet ! I had to waste my time going from one post office to another tracking my shipment until I reached the point where I was confirmed the Hotel security got it, went back to the hotel and made a scene until a lady just reached under the counter and came up with my package where were for some reason laying there for three days! and they were still asking me to pay the 30 USD!!
the hotel customer service offered me a free night or a gold membership at their club and they took care of the FedEx Issue..
if you are staying there just DO NOT SEND OR RECEIVE anything and AVOID using the FedEx service by any means.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for recent stay with us at Hyatt Regency Dallas. Please allow me to seize this opportunity to personally apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I understand your frustrations and appreciate your comments. I will forward your comments to the FedEx management team for internal review.

I am, however, glad to hear that everything else was great and that you found the rooms to be luxurious and neat. I truly hope we get the chance to have you back again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Second time at this hotel and they did not disappoint again. The room us clean, bed comfortable, HVAC quiet and the water is hot. Nice bar in the lobby and the breakfast is good.

Couple of suggestions. Make sure your room is not on the balcony or near the train as it can be a bit noisy if you want to get to sleep early due to the bar noise or sleep in as the computer trains roll in early.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello,

Great review! We’re proud to be your place of choice and part of Hyatt Regency Dallas family. We've made a commitment to placing our guests experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts.

We look forward to your next stay with us and will be anxiously awaiting your arrival!