“Blown away by the service”

Ranked #21 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim, California
“Blown away by the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt back in September and barely got around to reviewing this magnificent hotel. The purpose for my visit was for a conference being held within the hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest receptionists and it continued from there. The staff was extremely polite, helpful, and went above and beyond to help make us all comfortable.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and very modern with great beds. Had a great nights sleep here and never felt like I was on a business trip. The shower was magnificent as was the space within the bathroom itself.

The conference rooms are great except for the air conditioner being set way too low. Me and many other women were freezing throughout the conferences. The location of the rooms were very easy to find and close to almost every room within the hotel. Made it easy to go back and forth throughout the day.

All in all I would say this hotel was in a great location, right next to old town and had the perfect staff to make our stay great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognize our efforts in such a positive manner. We appreciate your kind words and looking forward to welcoming you as a regular guest at Hyatt Regency Dallas. - Fred Euler, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for business in late January and while I will admit it was a very nice hotel and the rooms were large. HOWEVER, I was on the 7th floor and the railroad yard that is next to the hotel made it impossible to sleep. Trains run by on the hour and just as you get asleep, another one comes by and wakes you up again!!! This simply can not be solved!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rfamily9
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I'd like to express my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our staff is committed to providing a great guest experience and would be more than happy to find a quiet room that satisfies your every need. I hope we get the chance to have you back again!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great 4 Conference
Rm size ok - LOUD TRAIN
Unclean toilet; lucky I had spray
Dirty Coffee pot - Thank Cafe' 4 hot H2O
FREE WIFI ONLY N LOBBY

Embassy: cook to order breakfast, comp drinks, bizness cntr

Room Tip: Tip: Choose room at another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to Dallas. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize that your experience with us was anything less than perfect. I understand your frustrations and would like to note that they did not go unnoticed. I am, however, glad to see that our service was rated 5 out of 5. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you as a guest of our hotel again soon!

Fred Euler, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Dallas
Galveston Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was responsible for booking 7 rooms for 13 students, 2 teachers and 2 chaperone moms - from the very start, Amelia at the front desk was a God send... thanks! I loved the remodel of the rooms, loved the subdued lighting, gorgeous tile in bath and the cool electronic window shades. We had a delicious meal in the second floor restaurant (twice!) and we enjoyed drinks at the bar on that level each night of our stay. Our students really enjoyed the conference they were attending, and had a great time working out (and attending yoga) in the 24 hour fitness center. Great visit - thanks!

Room Tip: I was on the North side, and I loved the view of the grassy knoll (JFK) and book depository, and the...
Green Features: I think it would be beneficial to have trash cans as well as recycling receptacles throughout the lobby. We had a hard time locating trash cans.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience from recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated guestrooms and found the staff to be accommodating . We've made a commitment to placing our guests experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts. Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you as a regular guest at Hyatt Regency Dallas.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Hotel is very lovely. The accomadations were first class. I went for a convention with the Texas Educational Theatre Association and I was very impressed. The staff is extremely curtious and the check-in and check-out was super fast! My only complaint is that the bar staff was sub-par. Our first night the waitress looked like she hated her job! She came by and checked on us but it was so fast that if you didn't know what you wanted immediately, she was gone. The bar was full but not that full! The next night, we had to flag a waitress down several times just to order and then she would disappear into nothingness. Otherwise the hotel staff and restaurant staff was amazing. The restaurants were pricey but the food was good. I am a Paleo eater and it was nice to see organic chicken and veggies on the menu at The Centennial. The coffee shop was a little ridiculous, charging $3.50 for a Kind bar! Glad I brought some extra snacks! Overall a great stay! I wish we would keep our conventions in Dallas instead of the Houston Hyatt because the Dallas hotel is much nicer!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms furthest from the train station. The rooms in the Skyline area suffer from train...
Hi,

I'd like to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your valuable comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while at the hotel. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to receive your feedback regarding the restaurants. Feedback gives us wonderful insight to the guest experience and allows us to improve.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here 4 nights for a conference. The room was excellent -- nice size, modern bathroom, clean, very comfortable bed. Some conference attendees complained about the noise in their rooms but they were on the train side of the hotel - I was on the highway side on an upper floor and did not have any noise issues. I ate in the restaurant 1 time for breakfast and it was average. The food provided by the hotel at the conference events was mostly average, but sometimes good. The common areas were fine but didn't find any seating areas that were particularly inviting.

Hi,

On behalf of the hotel, I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to Dallas. We appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable feedback as it allows for us to improve our standards of service. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and hope to be welcoming you as a guest again soon!

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My son attended a theatre convention that was held at the Hyatt in Dallas. First of all, the hotel nickels and dimes you to death, after paying $150+ for a very average room. The valet parking is $26 per night, but the "onsite" self-parking (actually about 3 blocks away) is $19/night. Then they charge for internet, per day, per device. So, for 2 devices, that's $20 per day! Unbelievable. They put us in a room that shared a wall with an elevator, which was constant noise. When I asked for another room, Kevin at the front desk acted like he really couldn't be bothered. When I went down to the front desk, he finally found another room, which was even noisier because it overlooked a busy highway.
We stayed at the Omni in downtown Dallas last November for another convention, and it was SO much better - nicer accommodations, friendlier and more professional staff, AND cheaper! The bad reviews were right about this hotel - I recommend finding something better for your money.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sashabellamilo
HyattRegencyDallas, Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us. Let me personally apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. I understand your frustrations and can assure you that they do not go unnoticed.

I am happy to announce that we are currently working to enhance our internet arrangements, which will allow us to alleviate some of those costs in the near future. We do, however, offer a variety of packages that include a room rate with inclusive amenities. I'd recommend our 'Park and Surf' as it includes complimentary overnight valet parking and high-speed internet access.

I truly appreciate your comments and hope you will give us the opportunity to earn back your loyalty to Hyatt. Please contact our Director of Rooms, Fernando Santana, personally at 214 712 7150 with any additional concerns.