“Luke-warm shower, terrible bathroom door”

Ranked #22 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas
“Luke-warm shower, terrible bathroom door”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nice hotel, nice location for being downtown near Dealey Plaza or Convention Center. Who ever designed the very noisy heavy wood sliding bathroom doors should be fired. Great view. Sports bar allows you to order food from the other two hotel restaurants. Overall, the staff is not overly impressive with service, attitude, or friendliness. But, it is a very good hotel. The food prices at the restaurants aren't that bad, but room service pricing is nothing outstanding. Nice view, but the trains going by do catch your attention at night.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegencyDallas, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time to provide us with your valuable comments. It truly appreciate your feedback and can assure you they do not go unnoticed. Guest satisfaction is taken very seriously and lies close to the heart of the hotel staff. I am, however, very glad the location was accommodating for you. On behalf of the staff at the hotel, I would like to personally invite you back to experience the guest satisfaction that many of our guests and the people of TripAdvisor often rave about.

Hyatt Regency Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed here was on my anniversary the Restrant was wonderful gave us a nice booth by the waterfall. We had drunks in the ball. It was a slow night so not too many people and we were allowed to linger for a while even though all we bought was drinks. Great views up there!!! The next time was for business again wonderful and they handled our group perfectly. We had a large check in line and the Gm was there the entire time talking and ensuring we were taken care of. They offered a special dinner for us in the Restrant. Again it was very nice. Our last meeting ended late they provided us with a guarded luggage check. Very helpful. Over all great stay only complaint would be during the business check in bellmen were hard to come by. However doubt you could have enough bellmen for a checkin like ours in a hotel that size.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Great review! I'm so glad to hear that you have repeatedly enjoyed your stay with us and have made us a choice hotel when visiting Dallas. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognize our efforts in such a positive manner. Thank you for sharing your kind words.

We look forward to your next stay and will be anxiously awaiting your arrival!

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Was at a conference in the hotel and stayed there also. Everything was perfect. Service, amenities, rooms, everything. Downtown near JFK Memorial and many other tourist attractions. Attached to Amtrak station for easy transportation.

Room Tip: I chose city view on a higher floor to see the city light up at night!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to Dallas. I am thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and accommodating for you. We look forward to welcoming you as a guest of our hotel again soon!

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a great hotel. The entire hotel is very clean. We had a city view which was beautiful. The rooms were very clean. Everyone we came in contact with from the valet, bellhop, front desk, waitstaff and room service were all excellent and very helpful. The Geosphere was excellent. The first night, it was very foggy so we received a reduced rate and Sean who sold our tickets was very friendly. The next night, the skies were clear and the view was superb. One downside to this hotel is that on the city side, you can hear the trains come through at night. Although the breakfast buffet was included with our room (which is normally $17.50 per person), we only ate on the first day. There were not a lot of options for hot foods. A lot of the items were cold and the scrambled eggs were a bit soggy. There was however, a wide selection of bagels, toasts, and muffins. Wireless internet in our room was included but is normally $9.95 per night. The only other downside was that the valet cost $26 per night or you could park across the street for $19 dollars a night. Even though you had in and out privileges, I felt as though parking should be included with your stay or at the least discounted. Overall it was an excellent stay and I would recommend the hotel to other travelers.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors of the city side can hear the freight trains come through causing a bi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at this property for 2 nights right before Christmas and loved every single minute of of it.

The hotel is recently renovated and ultra modern. Top notch accommodations and service.

Ariel, the agent who checked us in, was great. Advised about the noise in city view rooms getting some of the train noise (we didn't really care) and put us on a high floor to minimize it as much as possible. We also had a night chat about basketball since were in town to catch two games at the AAC including that of my Toronto Raptors.

The food at the bar was excellent. Loved the tortilla soup and all of their burgers. The cheese they use in all of their meals is the best I've had and locally produced. Breakfast was inexpensive (17.50) for what I'm used to and had all your typical breakfast items with a great choice of pastries. They didn't yank the food off of the buffet right at 11 am and since we were late getting ready, we really appreciated that. Servers were excellent and knew our food and beverage preferences by day two of our stay.

The valet parking was a breeze and if you're into self-parking, the outdoor lot is about 2 minutes on foot from the main hotel entrance.

If you're planning on taking the DART rain to the American Airlines Center, you will need to change trains.

Room Tip: City view is a must, unless you're a very light sleeper since you can hear the trains. I could h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed here on Christmas Eve in order to get out of the house and do something different. The hotel was nearly empty, which was nice.

The hotel overall is a very nice place to stay and has many positives. The hotel has been recently refurbished and all the rooms are ultra modern, clean, and stylish. The bathrooms are very attractive and I really liked the shower. The rooms are spacious--ours was 350 square feet. We had a city view which I think is a must. The bed was not as soft as ours at home, but not to the degree that it was uncomfortable. Same with the pillows.

There were a few missteps that prevent me from giving it 5 stars. Although a very nice hotel, this Hyatt Regency was a notch below the Hyatt Regency I stayed in Kiev, Ukraine. That was some hotel! To me, a 5 star hotel has to be luxurious in every way without any major flaws. Here in Dallas, the towels are soft but not quite as fluffy. When we checked in I was asked which newspaper I wanted delivered to my door, but I ended up not getting any paper. At the breakfast buffet ($17.50 a person) there is a rather extensive selection. I had a bagel but about half way through I got a big bite of mold that I had to spit out. These are some of the reasons why the hotel is a solid 4 stars but not 5. That said, we would definitely return and we enjoyed our stay.

Other info: internet wi-fi is complimentary, but you pay $19 to self park or $26 for valet, both of which come with in and out privileges.

Room Tip: Get a AAA discount that comes with free breakfast, saves you $40.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 23, 2013

First and foremost, I can't express enough how satisfied I was with my 3 nights, 4 days stay at the Hyatt Regency of Dallas. Upon my arrival, I was greeted with warmth by the bellhop Juan. He was incredibly friendly. He went far and beyond informing me of all the attractions, restaurants, and facts of Dallas. In addition, he mentioned all the amenities and overview of the Hotel, which I greatly appreciated. All of the staff were accommodating and friendly. From the shuttle driver Stuart to the cleaning staff, servers, the individuals working the gift shops, all were delightful. Their service exceeded my expectations. It's a gorgeous well maintained establishment. The decor is modern contemporary and yes functioning.

My purpose was to taken in the history of Dallas and the location allowed me to do so. The location is a relatively brief walking distance from JFK assassination. Also within close proximity to the George W. Bush Presidential Library. Only issue I must mention is the noise of the train at night. I found this to be a nuisance when attempting to get a full nights sleep. Yet, because of the incredible view from my window and all the other positives I can overlook this minor inconvenience.

From room service, which I ordered 3 times. The restaurants I dined at within the hotel facility I say flawless! The quality and taste of the food I admit, I was pleasantly blown away. I also had the opportunity to dine at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant. I must express the views and unique location are definitely an incredible experience. Yet, the food is mediocre and overrated. I would suggests perhaps just cocktails and appetizers. I ordered tiger prawns on a bed of fried spinach. The prawns were indeed fresh and delightful. Nonetheless, the prawns were drenched in a spicy, salty, teriyaki sauce concoction.This masked the beautiful, sweet,freshness of the prawns. Ultimately, submerging prawns in a sauce of that quality and caliber takes away the integrity of such a high quality protein. This is a foodie offense in my opinion. It for sure overwhelmed my palate instead of seducing it. The fried spinach was overly seasoned with salt as well and extremely greasy, too rich, heavy not a well thought out harmonious dish. Take it from me your paying for the breath taking views and certainly not the food.

This brings me to the Hyatt Regency room service and Mondule's in comparison to Five-Sixty hands down the Hyatt exceeds appropriate flavor profiles. Asian cuisine should not be overly complicated. This is why I prefer Hyatt Regency to satisfy my taste buds simplicity equates to sophistication. Yes, room services blows Five-sixty out of the water in my opinion in terms of flavor profiles and achieving cohesive harmony in their dishes.

I would definitely be back to the Hyatt. I strongly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: If a lite sleeper request room away from the city view. However, if you want a view of the city and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family