“Very Nice Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
LUBBOCK
“Very Nice Stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and had no issues, at all. I Loved the food and the bar! Check in was super fast no errors on my bill. The only issue I would have liked to change would be to allow guests to use the parking covered facility right next door instead of making us walk a block. I know the open parking lot was secured but I didn't like having my vehicle burning up in the Dallas sun for two day. I would have been happy to pay whatever for that covered parking... and sitting there for half an hour waiting on valet parking was not an option. Otherwise no issues at all! :)

Room Tip: The higher the better, always!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here one night for a business conference. My room was clean, comfortable, and well-furnished. I enjoyed reading a book on the chaise lounge while watching the sun set out my window. The fitness center was good. The staff seemed professional and friendly. Met expectations for a Hyatt property of this caliber.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were there during three large meetings, and you could tell staff was at capacity. It took 30 minutes for the Valet to find and bring the car, and that was just too long.
The rooms themselves were quite nice, and the beds very comfortable. We didn't have issues with noise, and the modern furnishings were very pretty. There were plenty of places to plug in the various and sundry devices that need energy, and I appreciated that.
While the hotel is well-located, I wouldn't say it was a comfortable walk to the sights. There were construction areas going on and you have to walk under an overpass that smells like someone might live there permanently to get to the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay the night here to celebrate our 10 year annviersary. The staff was very nice where we checked in, our room and view was gorgeous. We booked a "romance package" which came with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose pedal turndown and free breakfast. The valet guys are very nice and so was the guy who delivered our breakfast. I did get a view of the pool and its not that impressive but the room was clean and everything was up to date and the bathroom is gorgeous . I will definetly book another night here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I always enjoy staying at your hotel during our Mary Kay Seminar. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The only thing I do not like is it is sooooooooooo cold. By the way I forgot to mention the food is very good. Thank you again and see you next year Sharon Elliott from Edgewood, New Mexico

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The building is very original, seen from the inside and outside. Services are good and in tune with hyatt standard. Adequate the fitness center but the pool should definitely be improved.

People was very warm and nice to us. There's also an interesting display of old pictures and newspaper pages about Dallas and the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with sight on the rail are a little noisy if you need to sleep surroudend by silence
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have stayed here several times on business recently. I used to have a somewhat negative impression of the hotel, but since the remodel have really enjoyed it. The rooms and spacious and comfortable. The hotel gym is at the upper end of hotel gyms I have experienced. The bellman and doorman are very friendly and they work hard to get your car to you quickly. Have never eaten here, so can't comment on the food. I prefer a little sexier bar; theirs is merely functional.
They have this nightlight system which in theory is nice; you get up in the night, and if you travel as much as we do it's easy to forget where the restroom is! However, the flash of light as you walk by is a little much.. how about dimming it a bit?
My only other comment is that I would prefer not to valet; I'm in and out a lot in my car when we travel to Dallas. The self-parking lot is $10 in and out EVERY TIME, so this is not practical. Valet at $25 a day isn't a bad rate, but then I have to tip three or four times a day. Wish they would make a more reasonable self park. But overall, nice property.
One more thing; DON'T stay here during the Mary Kay convention; it was quite miserable

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business