Hyatt Regency Dallas
  • Breakfast included
$144
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$149
$155
$149
Cancelon
4,420 results
All reviewsreunion towerunion stationtrain trackscentennial cafecity viewdealey plazagrassy knollwest endbeautiful hotellight sleeperself parkingconvention centerjfk museumbusiness conferenceroom servicelarge hotelvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Most of the time, my travels are two weeks long, and at times I change hotels to gain a new experience and avoid complacency. After staying a week at the Hilton Anatole which was a great hotel and stay, I moved to the Hyatt Regency Downtown Dallas. It is also a large property with lots of towers and the sphere ball known as the Reunion Tower; it holds a restaurant and great views to the city (advanced reservations are needed). I did some reading on the property before hand, and learned that they only offer valet parking ($25.00 p/n), however, there is a separate self parking lot across the street for $10 p/night, which is were I intended to park, and parked. The day of my arrival, driving up to the hotel registration was crazy busy. It took about 20 minutes to reach the front, and I already knew in my head that I was checking out the very next day (vs. a week reservation). It felt like I was arriving at one of the Casino's in Las Vegas with multi people all dressed up and waiting for their cars, numerous sports teams arriving on high glucose, and all I wanted was peace and quiet. To my surprise, I stayed. The staff at the front desk was awesome! I am a Platinum loyal member with the Hyatt brand, and I ripped the benefits that day. I was upgraded to their newly upgraded towers, was given several vouchers at the Café, and my first dinner was complimentary. My room was in the 25th floor, contemporarily renovated with all the technology, and small features that made my stay, nice and quiet. My windows were equipped with powered shades overlooking the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, which was illuminated each night by the sunsets. The smallest details were pleasant: a robe, censored nigh light, and room service, and the convenience of a full service Fed/Ex downstairs. I worked long hours, so had little time to explored. Although shopping was inevitable. I visited two locations: The Galleria Dallas and Highland Park Village (both within a twenty minute drive) -for a very upscale shopping, like Carolina Herrera, Escada, and Jimmy Choo.

Room Tip: request the newer remodeled towers with west side views to enjoy the sunset, and the higher the floor, the quieter it is. Throughout the property and in elevators, signs of quiet after 9:00 p.m. is the common rule.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you chose to stay with us, and as much as our newly renovated guest rooms make for a wonderful stay, I particularly appreciate you mentioning our associates. They are what truly make the difference at Hyatt. Although the shopping is pretty wonderful in Dallas, too. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel experience I have ever had. I travel a lot, all over the country and have to stay in a variety of 3-5 star hotels. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas for the annual Mary Kay Seminar, and I was thoroughly impressed with their service, from check in, until check out. The hotel was inundated with hundreds, perhaps even a thousand women for the Seminar, and they handled the event and number of quests with impeccable and flawless service. Check in and check out was easy, and their concierge and bell service were like none other. Their employees were professional, personable, and cheerful, and went out of their way to make our experience pleasant. I think that the employees at the Hyatt were the most impressive aspect of the stay. If we asked for something, we got it immediately, and with a smile. The Hyatt is a gorgeous hotel, with lovely rooms. The rooms are spacious, the views of Dallas are beautiful. The dining at the hotel was fantastic, and the different restaurant servers were amazing as well. We had so much fun interacting with them. I hope they are all there when we return next year! The Hyatt is a wonderful place to stay, a great experience, and well worth the very reasonable rate we paid. We considered going out to downtown Dallas one night, but we realized we didn't need to: we had everything we needed right there at the Hyatt, in order to have a fun evening! Why leave?! Oh, and, the Wolfgang Puck rotating restaurant was an absolute must!!! Thank you Hyatt! We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your outstanding review of Hyatt Regency Dallas. We look forward to welcoming Mary Kay to Dallas each summer, and I'm so glad you stayed with us. See you next year, I hope!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

--Extemely nice lobby complete with a fountain and marble everywhere.
--Rooms are very modern with mounted TVs, phones with LCD screens on them, wonderfully tiles bathrooms
--Very clean hotel - rooms, hallways, lobby, everywhere!
-Valet is very nice and superfast.

Stay here. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to post your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I spent 6 nights at the hotel and must say that the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean but needed dusting as despite daily housekeeping, the dust I noticed at the bedside tables and bathroom lighting was present everyday I stayed . The room was spacious and I loved the fact that you could control the AC and the window blinds were electronically controlled also. The staff were helpful and courteous. Everyone greeted you even if just walking in the facility and that made you feel welcomed. The 2nd floor bar was awesome and opened until 2am which was a perk. A little higher in price than local bar but the staff were nice and attentive. The proximity to tourist attractions was an advantage. The DART/TRE transport was literally across from the hotel and the museums were less than a 5 min walk away as was the West End which has numerous restaurants and you can pick up the tour bus from this area and the local street cars.The hotel has a great coffee shop downstairs and free wi-fi is available from here. There are many comfy seats in the lobby so you can use your electronics to your hearts content. It does suck that you have to pay additionally to use the internet in the room. Another disappointment was the fact that they had smoking rooms. I requested non-smoking but there were smoking rooms on my floor and each time I came out of the elevator I was greeted with the smell of cigarettes thus inhaled 2nd hand fumes... not pleasant, but did not smell smoke in my room. Parking via valet was $25 daily but you had the choice to park for $5 or $10 daily at the back and side of the hotel and these were well sign-posted as you approached the hotel. The computer access in the lobby to check in for your flight was a perk, as was the hotel super-shuttle which ran every 30 mins from 5am and for $19 took you to the airport rather than a$40 or more cab ride! I did not use the pool, gym or restaurants on site, so cannot comment. The valets were polite and helpful and always asked if you were ok.I was able to get around without a car for most of my stay as shopping was close by also.The view from the upper floors is fantastic and I enjoyed the lightshow from a competing hotel every evening.I stayed on 23rd floor and the glass elevator is not for the faint-hearted... there is the non-glass version which is to your right for those afraid of heights!! Yes your ears do pop on the way up and the view below is the interior of the bar. Overall I would recommend this hotel.I felt safe as a single traveller and I loved the luxurious decor and even the reclining leather armchair with matching footstool that I loafed on every night. There are not many channels on the t.v... mainly sport and news channels which only adds to motivate you to explore the Dallas sights! The Founders Bar restaurant and Cyndi's deli are less than 3 mins walk away, so if you don't wish to eat at hotel prices, they are within a stone's throw of the hotel.FYI there is a small fridge in the room and coffee making equipment with coffee supplied. Toiletries are also given... but sadly no bathrobe.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hyatt has a service called Hyatt At Home whereby a guest may request items that they may have forgotten to pack or need at the last minute, and the bathrobes are among those items. I particularly appreciate you mentioning our associates, they really are what makes a stay at Hyatt pleasant.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here several times over the last 10 yrs. The AC in put rm went out we had to call 4x to get help. Each time they were able to kick the AC on for about 20 min. Finally, around 7am they moved us to another room. Miserable night sleep. If it weren't us calling them, then they were calling us. A lot of disruptions but the staff handled it well. We were given a free breakfast. The other rm had soaking wet carpet, but at least we slept a solid 3 hrs there. Personally, I won't be back. There are too many other options of the same caliber in better locations that throw in freebies such as Wi-Fi, parking, or breakfast regularly. Why should I have to pay for all 3 in addition to my room rate? Go to the Sheraton. We sure wish we did.

• Stayed: July 2013
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your post on TripAdvisor. First, I must apologize for the malfunction of the thermostat in your room, but I am glad that we had another guestroom to move you into while we completely replaced the unit. While the thermostat was new and shouldn't have failed, it did and we should have moved you that night. I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, and I hope that we'll be welcoming you back soon.