“Wonderful weekend stay!”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #25 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. The lobby is huge, spacious and beautiful. Check-in went smoothly and the staff was very friendly. The staff who took our luggage up to our room was also very friendly. The renovated room we were in was gorgeous! We had a suite and the furniture and decor was very classy. The view was also amazing. Clean, spacious rooms.

Only things I didn't like as much - the breakfast we ordered from room service could have been warmer and could have tasted better. Second morning we got a breakfast sandwich from the coffee place in the lobby and it was much better! Also, we could not figure out how to lower the A/C under 68 - I think it was set to not go under this - sounds cold but it got hot in the room at night.

Otherwise, wonderful trip. Extremely beautiful hotel and very friendly staff. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neverpromised
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor of Hyatt Regency Dallas. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers and for giving us such high marks.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We are local and stayed at the Hyatt for a friend's wedding. It was a great experience from check in to check out. I highly recommend this property. Valet were efficient and friendly, front desk employees were professional and helpful. The sports bar was fantastic with a tasty, imaginative bar menu. The room renovation is comfortable and inviting with all the latest tech amenities. The hotel is convenient and within walking distance to restaurants and museums and entertainment and if you don't feel like walking it's just a short cab ride. Since I live here this will be my go to spot for my next "staycation"!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawntell
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thanks for your great review on TripAdvisor. There's no greater compliment than to have a local Dallasite give a five star rating to a downtown Dallas hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new amenities at Hyatt Regency Dallas. We're looking forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have had opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Regency Dallas on several business trips to the city and it has become my hotel of choice. Approaching the hotel, one would expect by the spacious luxurious lobby, etc., to find the service/atmosphere rather 'aloof'. However, that has never been the case. The warm welcome by the valet parking staff, the "I'm here to help make your stay a great one" attitude at the front desk - even to the greetings each morning by the housekeeping staff as you head to the elevator - all make you feel that you're among friends! [I forgot to pack my computer power cord on my last trip and they came up with a 'loaner' for the duration of my visit!] In addition to the well-appointed accommodations and the hospitality, I love breakfast in the onsite restaurant (some of the yummiest pancakes I've ever put in my mouth!) and the room service variety. I'm a bit of a finnicky eater, yet always have found the fare to my liking. Was thrilled to learn our beloved Purdue Boilermakers would be playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year's Day and I'm taking the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt Regency again - this time with my nephew who'll celebrate his 13th birthday on New Year's Eve there. Can't wait for my 'Welcome Back'!

Room Tip: Ask for the skyline view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan G
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor! I especially appreciate you mentioning the warmth of our staff. We're looking forward to welcoming Boilermakers to Dallas, you'll be in fine company here at Hyatt Regency Dallas!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wow! This is a very nice hotel. It is conveniently located off of I35, close to the Airport for those of you flying in with plenty to eat both close to the hotel as well as inside the hotel. The hotel has several restaurants on the property with a sports bar with several TV's for those that like to watch a good game. The rooms are very well maintained, stocked and extremely clean plus there is turndown service at night which is always a plus. Service was fantastic the week I was here even though the property was extremely booked with several events. Valet parking is a must at this property which will set you back $22.82 per day including tax so don't forget to add this to your room rates. If you call ahead of time, at least 10 minutes prior to needing your vehicle it will be there waiting for you.There are no particular good views per say. I had the Interstate road view which gave me front access to the fire trucks and ambulances riding up and down I35 at all hours of the night. Next time I will just get the rear view just to have it a bit quieter at night.

Room Tip: Because of the noise at night off the interstate I would recommend a room in the back.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your 5 star review on TripAdvisor for Hyatt Regency Dallas. I'm so glad you enjoyed our variety of restaurants and food options, and the sports bar is always popular for watching games on the big screens. I especially appreciate you mentioning our service, it's what really sets Hyatt apart. We know you have a choice when traveling and we appreciate you choosing Hyatt.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I recently stayed in Dallas and felt less that excited about staying at the Hyatt, having stayed there years ago. My friend booked the room for me. Upon my arrival I noticed the lobby looked wonderful, totally renovated with nice flowers and a big "Texas" open feeling.

The rooms were well appointed and the mirror on either side of the TV was a replica of the Trinity River. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I usually like to stay in small, boutique hotels, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at this Hyatt and will definitely return soon!

• Stayed: December 2012
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your Five Star review of Hyatt Regency Dallas. Our recent guestroom renovation was made with today's business traveler in mind, but with the luxury touches one would expect of Hyatt. I especially appreciate you mentioning our staff's service, thank you.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Make sure you ask for a room that is not on the same side of the hotel as the train tracks. You are able to hear them at all times of the day and night. We were in room 1565 and could hear not only the trains, but the elevator going up and down. A terrible room location if you want a quiet nights sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. The tranquility of your stay is of utmost importance to us. Should you have the opportunity to return, please ask to be placed on the sunset view side of the hotel, which is furthest from the trains.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the last few decades (I think this hotel was built in the late 1970's?). My most recent visit was an over night stay for a business meeting the next morning. Easy check-in. Well maintained rooms and common areas. The restaurant staff for breakfast were very attentive and friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom60713

Thank you for posting your four star review of Hyatt Regency Dallas. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I especially appreciate your comment about our warm and friendly staff. We pride ourselves on delivering authentic hospitality. I hope we'll be welcoming you back soon.