“Great Stay!”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #24 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived on a Sat and checked out on Tuesday. Our room was in the renovated section on the 20th floor at the back of the hotel. We had absolutely no noise from anyone nor from traffic, even with the freeway right below us. The room was modern and with all conveniences. A motion detection night light underneath the night stand came on when you get out of the bed and was a nice touch. The huge window coverings were opened and closed by electric panel. A mini fridge was convenient. We found all personnel most helpful and eager to please. We did not use the restaurants there, except for the coffee shop and found it to be convenient for snacks , etc. We used the Super Shuttle to and from DFW, so no experience with the parking facility. With the convenience of the city in walking distance, we enjoyed it very much. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel not facing city are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. Our guestrooms are currently undergoing a full transformation with beautiful new appointments and amenities. I'm so glad you enjoyed Monduel's, our second floor atrium bar. Chef has gone to great lengths to create just the right food to enjoy with a great drink and a football game.

Fred Euler

Write a ReviewReviews (4,323)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Admittedly I'm probably more sensitive to noise than most, but the noise at night in this hotel was even hard on my wife who typically can sleep through anything. The first night we got a room we were told was a quite room and put aside for us as such . . . in fact that was a room facing a busy highway and, if that wasn't bad enough, we got woken up in the morning from construction in the hotel. A hotel manager suggested I get a high room on the other side of the hotel where the trains run, but not much at night I was told. They ran all night! It really was brutal! Anyway, the noise was terrible enough that I personally would not be inclined to stay here again. But there were some pluses! The hotel is being renovated and the new rooms (which I had each time) are really comfortable with an excellent work station and very comfortable bed. Solid 4-Class+ quality! Also, the service in general was top notch. Finally, we only ordered breakfast for room service, and that too was above average quality in my opinion. Frankly, if the noise doesn't bother you or you don't mind wearing ear plugs, this truly is a nice hotel

Room Tip: make sure you get a renovated room, I think on balance the room facing the highway was better . . .t...
1  Thank Moochiebpaul

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The tranquility of your stay is important to us. We do have a white noise channel that helps with any noise from outside of the hotel as well as other amenities to help guests who are particularly light sleepers. I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Took them an hour to get my car to the front cause they lost my keys... my car was parked 20 ft away from the entrance! Very unorganized! I was first in line to pay for my ticket and i was the last one outside to get my car was very unhappy. i informed the manager 30 minutes before took him another 30 to find the keys. There was about 5-8 ppl parking cars and all were chit chatting

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review. I have to apologize for the delay you experienced with our valet service. This is not only completely unacceptable, but unusual as well. Please know that we are reviewing the operation and talking with staff to determine what the delay was about. Thank you again for reviewing your stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently my husband had business in Dallas so I tagged along and we added a few days on for a mini vacation. I had read on this site to ask for a bedroom in the back of the hotel due to the noise of the trains. When we arrived I heard a blaring train whistle and remembered to ask for a back room! The room was very quiet, although it was an older room. The furniture was really banged up and looked beyond awful, but the beds were comfortable and as long as it was clean and quiet (which it was), I was happy. I think we had a handicapped accessible room so the bathroom was quite large, with double doors..nice! The bathroom was older, but clean and very comfortable.

The best part of the hotel is the lcoation, right in downtown Dallas, close to the museums. We had drinks at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant and we were very comfortable going in casual clothes; we were welcomed and given prompt, courteous service. We went back for dinner and had a great meal...the revolving restaurant is spectacular.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I received great dinner suggestions from the concierge and he informed me about the complimentary shuttle.

I loved the bar on the second level. It was huge, open and the menu was tasty! The back room was superb for watching football and the staff was really accommodating; we wanted to watch the Michigan game and they were very helpful in getting the correct channel on the correct TV's.

My only problem was the weekend. Sadly, we were there for the OU v Texas game..... They did try to ensure only hotel guests had access to the rooms, but the noise between 12:00 and 3:00 was awful. The first night I just endured it, the second night I called the front desk at 3:00 am and they sent someone up and it got better. My suggestion to the hotel for such an event would be to have personnel walk the halls in the wee hours to monitor the noise.

I would return to the hotel; after the renovation of the rooms is complete, there should be nothing left to complain about!

1  Thank Minnetonkamom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was just a kid in Dallas when they started building this futuristic structure. The tower has become the symbol of Dallas now. We stayed there recently. It was amazing and the Hyatt people still maintain the spirit of excellence that has kept them around for years. The atrium is impressive. The rooms well not elegant but very nice and clean

Room Tip: Get a room facing downtown on a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The staff alone would make you want to come back to this hotel. We could not believe how friendly, helpful, and thoughtful this staff was. They remembered our names and what we needed to make our stay memorable. In particular, there was a bellman named Steven-he greeted us when we arrived and saw to it that he was the one to take our luggage to the lobby when we were checking out. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had what we needed for sightseeing, i.e. maps/directions.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 21st floor, we did choose to pay an extra $10 per day for a view of the city of...
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend the State Fair. I was immediately greeted and welcomed. Check in and check out was quick and efficient. All staff members were extremely friendly and made sure to acknowledge your presence when walking anywhere in the hotel. Excellent location in regards to using the DART system. If you return late when using the train ask if you can have someone meet you in tunnel to ensure your safety. The tunnel that connects hotel to the train can make a person uneasy at night. They lock the doors at night that connect the hotel to the train and you have to exit the building.

Room was very clean though ask for a room that is away from the highway. You could hear the busy highway but was not a nuisance. The breakfast was EXCELLENT. They provide a HUGE selection. My only complaint is the beds are too firm.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is in the interior of the building to avoid noise from train and highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family