“Wonderful hotel”

Hyatt Regency Dallas
Ranked #21 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel that I would highly recommend. A plus for me was the atrium which had glass elevators all the way to the top floors. The second floor has a large bar which is a nice place to socialize. There are also 2 restaurants on the second level and a coffee shop in the lobby. Unfortunately, the adjoining Five Sixty Restaurant isn't open on Sundays so I missed my chance to go. Although it's a comfortable place to stay, it isn't exactly in city center. I walked 7 blocks to the aquarium and although it isn't a long walk, I felt uncomfortable walking alone. I would stay again, however, because it is luxurious, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: The hotel is near the railroad tracks. The lower floors with a view to the city may be a little nois...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Dallas. Your compliments about our beautiful hotel, comfortable guest rooms and newly transformed Monduel's bar are appreciated. I do hope you will return again soon to experience Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck and take advantage of our direct access to DART Light Rail for transportation to local attractions, shopping and dining around the city. Thank you again for your recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Dallas

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Dallas for a conference this week, expecting the same level hotel as the Hyatt Regency Bellevue (Washington), and the Summer Field Suites (Denver Airport). Upon arrival, I had a good experience with the bell and valet staff. Quick efficient taking of my vehicle, and guidance to the desk.
At the desk, the effect of a packed house over the weekend became evident. While not totally aggravating, I was not able to have the King room I expected, even with an afternoon check-in, though I was offered the opportunity to move the next day. The front desk staff the performed my check-in had a pleasant demeanor, and set the stage for a good visit.

The hotel has sweeping views and is decorated nicely in most common areas. I dined in the onsite southwestern style restaurant, and had both great food and service. I strongly recommend trying something new, especially the BBQ Salmon...

But, this is where the positive started to fall apart...

Now, I went in knowing that this property was due for a renovation. In fact, previous reviews have been followed up by the management indicating that they are working on a multimillion dollar renovation plan. My advice, wait until AFTER that plan is done.

My room had loose electrical outlets, and one of the two beds had visible dirty linens. Further, the bed was not made correctly each day and the linens came apart each night when hitting the sack.

The bathroom was not very pleasant either. I had noticed a little grime in the shower, but not until my shower on the last day did I notice mold. There was a fair amount of it, and both black and red mold... that was also the day my mold allergies acted up. I'm not severely allergic, and can tolerate mold (Don't need the hypoallergenic room for example). These allergies only act up when exposed to growing spores and those that are suspended in the air... Well, I noticed fresh growth all over the ceiling of the bathroom and the red mold growing on the curtain and in many place in the grout. It also looks like there are areas where the mold had grown before as the paint was bubbling in a few places and had been badly patched up in others.

Overall, I would recommend staying at one of the other area properties. You will find other similar chains nearby, with much newer facilities and equally awesome views. This location has a fair amount of work to do, and has refocused my efforts on attaining the next higher status level with a different "h" hotel chain, instead of Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view, above the 9th floor!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed here September 2011, it looks amazing from the moment you pull into to drive way and it gets better when you enter the hotel, the staff were really friendly and could not do enough for us, after we settled into our room reception rang to check that we were happy with everything have never had service like that before.
They have a wonderful bar and once again all the staff were seeing to your every need, we ate dinner at the hotel and the food was wonderful and very well priced, breakfast was also well priced and yummy.
Great location with under the road access to the train station, we used the train and went all over Dallas shopping district it also takes you right out to the Northpark Shopping Centre which in the largest Shopping centre in Texas.
We cant wait to return to Dallas and will stay here again and again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post this glowing review of your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Dallas. Your compliments about our friendly and caring staff, wonderful food and great location are very much appreciated. I’m glad to hear that you took advantage of our direct access to DART light rail to access shopping all over Dallas. I have shared your comments about the bar service in Monduel’s and breakfast in Centennial Café with our culinary team. Thank you again for recommending us, and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband again very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is my second trip to the Hyatt Regency Dallas or the Hyatt Regency Reunion as its known. The last was in 2009 - a pleasure trip with eight women. The most recent was a business trip for a conference in 2011. Both were excellent experiences.

Its a very large hotel with all the conferene amenities and three restaurants, a cafe with a limited but decent menu, a small nice italian cafe, and Wolfgang Pucks Five Ninety an asian fusion with bar/lounge at the top of the Reunion Tower. Checkin may be done electronically on your phone or computer so you can just hit the kiosk when you get there or you can visit the desk. Checkout can be automated via your credit card or kiosk as well. They recommended a room with a view but took care to tell me about the trains that run til midnight (loved it) and called to check how things were. Beds very comfortable, large room, nice bath. All staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. Didn't like the internet price but that's the way it is these days.

Location is superb - a few blocks into the historic west end including the JFK memorial and the Old Red Museum and the 6th Floor Museum. But you can also hit the Union Station which is attached by underground corridor and catch any of the four light rails to different points in Dallas or the Trinity Railway Express which hits DFW airport thru to Fort Worth. Love the Dart light rail - its the only way to go but if youre coming from DFW, share a town car with others at about $55 one way or grab a shuttle service for about $17 OW.

Room Tip: town side has the best view but the train noise (tho it didn't bother me much) other side is qu...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time the write this detailed 5-star review of Hyatt Regency Dallas. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had excellent experiences on two recent visits. Your compliments about our friendly and helpful staff, convenient location connected to DART Light Rail and comfortable guest rooms are very much appreciated. Your comments about Parrino’s Oven and the menu at Centennial Café have been shared with our culinary team. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel; I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had an very good deal for about 400 dollars for 3 nights, with a high level room with great view on the downtown skyline of Dallas. This hotel is huge and modern with beautiful rooms, a large atrium and elevators on the outside. Location is excellent for exploring downtown. The sixth floor museum is very close and gives an very good overview of the assasination of JFK. Disadvantages are parking (best use valet for 20 dollar/day), expensive breakfast and the noise of the elevators at night. Get a room away from them! Overall a fine experience.

• Stayed: October 2011
HyattDallasDFWPR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Dallas. Your feedback about your guest room with a view of downtown and our convenient location near the Sixth Floor Museum are appreciated. I have shared your comments about breakfast, parking and elevator noise with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We came to Dallas for a family event and booked this hotel for one saturday night. College football games, baseball playoff game, Cowboy game and a convention combined to make it a nightmare. 1 hour in line to valet park both at check in and after our event. The self parking lot gate was out of order. Almost missed our plane waiting to get our car. Room was ok. Price was good. Breakfast buffet was mediocre to bad. Be careful of the date when booking here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback from your recent family trip to Hyatt Regency Dallas. Your comments from a busy weekend have been shared with our management team. We do hope to earn your loyalty back on a future stay.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Nice in-room dining service, nice fitness center and superior staff service. The location, however, is not so good except it is very close to the train station. Nevertheless, I have had a pleasant stay here and have no complaint at all.

As a side remark, the bar at the top floor is awesome but the only disappointing fact is that it is closed on Sunday!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your comments from a recent stay at Hyatt Regency Dallas. Your comments about our superior staff, Hyatt StayFit fitness center and your In Room Dining experience are appreciated. Hopefully you had a chance to access DART light rail from our direct connection to Union Station. We look forward to your next stay with us.