“OMG”

Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
California Hot Springs, California
“OMG”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

American Airlines put us up at this hotel, June 9th, 2014. Our plane was delayed (long story on that one), so around midnight we got a 15 passenger van to pick up 60 or70 of us. Hmmm guess the airlines did not explain to them it was a full flight (others were lucky enough to go to the other hotel) Well after waiting for over an hour for another van we arrived 20 minutes later to the hotel. Thought we had stepped into the Rat Pack hotel. Dark walls in the hallways, black trim. Old hotel, the ceilings were low in the hallways. The elevators were decorated in some 3-D circles black and silver no less. The room, well lets just say it was clean... sheets felt clean as well as the floor. I did the bear feet test and my feet did not get dirty so that was a positive. But the room décor, was dark, the bed had lights around the bed frame, I was surprised no mirrors on the ceiling. The head board and matching love seat was a sight to behold, a shiny faded gold tone with diamond studs in the indentations. The nice thing was the sealed comb, toothbrush, toothpaste since we were not able to have our luggage and for once I did not pack smart and have extra just incase. (learned my lesson! the one time I don't and I needed to!!) It was just weird, not a hotel I would ever stay at. Was not sure if they charged by the hour or not. it was so dark when we got there and when we left I could not tell you if it was a good neighborhood or not. lets just say there was a police officer down the street with light flashing when we arrived. Next time I am not sure if staying in the airport would not have been better. They were very nice at the front desk, offered a wakeup call and assured us that the busses would begin running at 6 to make sure we made our plane. They did leave at 6, this time with a 30 passenger bus. We all made it to the airport on time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AmAirlinesBadChoice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Fresno, California
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Let me tell you a brief story about my for day stay at Night Hotel Dallas.

On June 9, I checked in very late.

On June 10, I ate at their restaurant, and charged it to my room.

On June 11, I received an alert from my bank about possible fraud. When I returned to the room, I found my room key was not working. The front desk people informed me that it was shut off because my credit card was declined. I informed them it was because of possible fraud on my account and I would fix it.

I also sent an email to the manager stating that shutting a customers room key off mid trip was a pretty bad policy for any reason and that if they have problems with fraud, they should take a deposit at the time of check in. His response was that my card was decline and continues to be decline. I expected at least some humility and requested the contact info for his supervisor. He never responded. Similarly the front desk also refused to give me that info.

On June 12, I contacted my bank to find that Night Hotel ran my card THIRTEEN TIMES between June 11 and 12 for amounts ranging from $14-$161. My card was not shut off, it was only decline to this hotel.

On the night of the 12, I requested that they print out a statement for my room. They refused to provide one, and instead checked me out of my room. I had to go back to the front desk to get my key card activated and received no apology for ignoring a request I made and instead locking me out of a room I had paid for. In addition, both staff members were antagonistic towards me.

On June 13, as I checked out, they told me my card was declined, I informed them they were doing something wrong. The same manager came out and walked the front desk person through some steps, & my card worked. He still refuse to apologized, told me that I had no pending transactions on my bank card, (I had 4, that totaled more them my stay and dinner,) nor did they run my card 13 times. I was in tears. The person at the front desk tried to defend the hotel and the manager told her to stop talking to me and just let me leave.

If someone from Wyndam would like to contact me. I have screen shots from my online banking, the emails from the manager and a letter from my bank stating that my card was decline for multiple erratic amounts in less then a 48 hour period and only to the HOTEL!

People need to be fired for the way I was treated. Three specific ones.

Room Tip: Never Stay Here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Laurel L

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Nashville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel on a quick trip to Dallas, never again! We had two kids with us, and this hotel is NOT appropriate for them. Plus, the staff was very rude! Stay away from this place is anyway possible!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Gayle47
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Cheap decor but the worst thing is that you can hear the loud music from the club until 2 a.m. I got very little sleep. All of the staff were very nice but they said they couldn't turn the music down. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank ricecc
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We spent an awful disgusting evening there compliments of American Airlines after our flight was cancelled for mechanical purposes. The bathroom was filthy, the room smelled of disinfectant and our towels were wet. The highlight of our stay was waiting for the elevator and having a stinky wet liquid sprayed on the back of our necks from a canister attached to the wall behind us. Classy place. Absolutely nowhere near the airport, but classy.

Room Tip: You'd be better off renting a car and sleeping in it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank thOmas2452014
Louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

It's 2AM and I have had a really long day thanks to flight delays and missed connections. American Airlines provided a voucher for the Night Hotel. After close to an hour's wait at Terminal A, the hotel shuttle finally arrived. Transit time from DFW to the hotel was an additional 30 minutes. Out in the middle of nowhere, the Night Hotel is a wanna-be night club. The decor is tasteless, and it is in no way suitable for business travelers and families. To top it off, there are bugs in my room. I can't sleep with bugs on my pillow. I'm disgusted by the Night Hotel, and I'm disgusted that American Airlines considers this suitable accommodation for it's loyal customers.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Ribbit99
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked my stay here through Expedia, where it had great reviews. I was staying in town for a convention at another hotel for the weekend but decided to go to Dallas a night early and our hotel was sold out this particular night. I considered myself getting a great bargain for $70. When I got on here I read HORRIBLE reviews about this place. I was scared, but to be honest, I dont know why some of them were so bad..the hotel was clean and well decorated. The front staff was friendly. The pool area was gorgeous! Huge pool with cabanas and big patio furniture to lay out on. We went to the pool around 9 at night and it was very quiet. The inside bar seemed to get a little packed around 11, alot of men creeping on all of about 3 women, but my husband and I only passed by for one beer, so cant say alot about it. I read alot of people on here saying they heard thumping music at night but we never heard anything from our room! Now, that being said, the hotel had some flaws.....one of the elevators was broken, and we had to go around to an inconveniently placed one. The hallways are also a little scary, the havent been updated like the rest of the hotel, they are dark, poorly lit, and a little dreary to be honest. The last thing was we were put on the 3rd floor AAAALLLLLL the way at the end of the hallway, when judging by the empty parking lot, we couldve been put in a more convenient room. I just figured it was because we had been booked through Expedia and they probably put all the discount people that way. OH! and they also gave us a double queen instead of a king, but like it said, it was only one night and to be honest...worth the $70! I would recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple