“The Hotel looks amazing!!”

Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Ranked #118 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
NV
“The Hotel looks amazing!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been here a few times before and the staff and service was always superb. This is my first time back in a few months and the transformation is complete. This was an older hotel and needed a renovation. It has definitely gotten one. The place look AMAZING!!! You should check it out. Food is some of the best food I've had a hotel (I travel a lot)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights for a conference. The lobby and meeting space is newly renovated with eclectic decor. The space has a very fun feel and made our meeting seem a little more exciting. The rooms are in the middle of renovation. My room was mostly complete with exception of the bathroom tile. The staff was responsive and helpful. I will stay again once renovations are complete. This is a unique hotel experience you don't want to miss.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed January 6, 2014

First letme state that at the time of my visit the hotel was still in the process of major renovations so one cannot blame them for how that can contribute to a bad experience. The staff were very accommodating and polite and the food in the bar and restaurants was quite good. The new decor in the lobby area, bar, and restaurant is, IMHO, quite gaudy and a huge negative. It is a cross between 70's disco and Alice-in-Wonderland acid high, NOT good at all. The rooms were well appointed and decorated but the big downer is the fact that in the context of the remodel nothing was done to improve the bathroom, at least not in my room. Free shuttle service to and from DFW is a good addition.

Room Tip: make sure you request a room high up unless you are into "sleeping" while the nightclub is...
Dallas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The owners bought this old hotel physical plant and are working very hard to turn it into something. Not sure what, but it is something...I guess? Lots of new money has gone into it, and it has a very large lounge and lobby area. The aesthetic is kind of hip and funky but not hipster. I met with some of my customers in the lobby and found a great location over by the bar where we could talk and not be disturbed. The service was excellent.
I've been here many times over the years, as the Summit and as a Holiday Inn, now Night. The location WILL be great when all the I35E and I635 construction is complete. For now, it is in the middle of a massive construction area that looks like a war zone. Saying "Galleria Area" is very misleading, but yes the Galleria is in the war zone too, 4 miles east. The area around this hotel is actually little Korea. There are fantastic 3rd world shopping markets (brand knock-offs? maybe?) near by. Plus, Korean, Asian, and Hispanic stores and places to eat. But getting around to these places is tricky and not recommended for a car you own. Have them take you in their van or drive a rental. The construction on the roads is massive.
If your preference is high end shopping, this is NOT the Galleria. If you like finding deals and don't like the high Galleria prices, this can be fun.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the North or East side. The construction is on the South and West side of the proper...
1 Thank joelinda
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Was put up here by American Airlines due to weather issues and cancellations at the airport. Friendly and funny shuttle driver, friendly service at front desk. Lobby and public areas were pretty cool. My room was semi-okay, but could tell they were trying to "hip it up" at least. Two things that bothered me; a bottle of old chocolate milk was just sitting in the clean room when I walked in, and I got a 3AM wake up call I didn't request. (Probably a turn-up service since I forgot to tip the driver maybe?)
Bed was comfy. I grew up in the Dallas area in the 70's and 80's and remember this as the once hip "Summit Hotel." I can tell this new concept is cool, just not sure if this was the property to try converting.
I will say the the Americano Flatbread was really good in the restaurant. I normally wouldn't have eaten there, but since I had food vouchers from AA, I tried it and glad I did/

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WallyKev67
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Where do I begin? Finding this place, an old building underneath the unending construction of the LBJ highway was a miracle in and of itself. The newer black Rolls Royce Phantom with Night H. on the plates parked in the front gave me hope that this place had a newly found glamour to it. The outside of the hotel remains dirty and dark like a Motel 6 built in the 70s. Dead plants and a run down parking lot greet you as you walk past the Rolls and into the lobby. Blue incandescent lights catch your attention as your eyes adjust to the inside which looks like Phyllis Diller with lots and lots of makeup on her 90 year old face. Better yet this is Alice in Wonderland on LSD. Very bright and trying to be edgy and hip. High back fuchsia chairs and a night club in the background. The club was empty and quiet on a Sunday night.

The rooms are accessed by a long side hallway where the elevator opens up with an avocado green carpeting just like the 70s. My room was on the 4th floor. I walked down long hallways with new carpeting and new paint that has already weathered. The black doors to each room look like they have been there for 20 years and yet they were most likely just painted. The rooms have old pine furniture and gold blinged out headboards. The carpeting has the long N logo which stands for Night Hotel.

What is this hotel trying to accomplish? I don't really know. Is it a hip club? No. It sits under a freeway like an old Denny's. Has it had a facelift? Yes! Construction tried to rip out the soul of this hotel firmly entrenched in the 70s. It is old and new at the same time. The pool area is trying to look like the cabanas at the Mandalay Bay.

Is this hotel meant to accommodate hip 20 somethings who decide they had too much to drink after a night of clubbing so they grab a hotel room? Maybe. All I know is that the beds were extremely comfortable and I got a great night of deep sleep. No noises were heard and no music was played. Staff seems on edge about what this hotel is trying to be but they were all very helpful and professional. I ended up liking the hotel with its quirks and odd decorations. Would I come back? Hell yes! If just for the sleep I had that night. Thanks Night Hotel. I don't know what you want to be but I felt comfortable as I rested in your room.

Room Tip: Keep an open mind and think you are in Vegas!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rosie P
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Obvious construction in lobby, but good for them. Seemed like a modern upscale hotel at a bargain. The only negative part was getting to and from the hotel because of all the ongoing highway construction. Still receives 5 points.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank vanderm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central
Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
The Westin Dallas Park Central

Been to Wyndham Garden Dallas North? Share your experiences!