“Not the NYC Night but good.”

Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Not the NYC Night but good.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Room was very clean, bath room was too however windows were very dusty( likely due to the road construction) the pools(indoor and outdoor linked) were good but busy. There was a pool party with a live DJ, kind of fun. Great hotel but could use updating and maybe become more like their namesake. lots of parking, space and key card locked doors. Lots of exits

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jim H
Jennifer S, Manager at Wyndham Garden Dallas North, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Jim H,

We are glad to hear you had a good experience while at the Night Hotel North Dallas. We are set to begin a major renovation in the next few weeks! By the time you, hopefully, return for your next visit we will have more of that New York Night Hotel flair!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would like to say something postive about this hotel. The check in staff was good. I had to wait 10 min after arriving after 5 pm. That's not bad, I guess. The bartender was having a bad day, his special punch was terrible and the customers let him know it. There was hair on the bathroom floor and hair in the tube. The hotel had a Rolls Royce sitting out front and you would think mangement would use that money to help update the hotel.

Room Tip: Park your vehicle in the light.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Goosemen,

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the issues you had at the bar and in your bathroom. We are set to begin a major renovation in the next few months, so management is working hard on getting us more up to date!

Abilene, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It really depends on what you are looking for in a hotel. This place has an excellent hostess that comes with the hotel. She will indulge your every need from casual conversation to drinks at the bar. She can poor the shots and you don't need any to look at her. I would go back just to see her again. The food, while priced moderately, was not all that great...waiters did their very best to please. The service at the front desk was exceptional. The late night poolside chats with other hotel guests got very interesting some nights. "Bargain basement streetwalkers" were available every night outside the pool area. Pimps and all! I'm not sure if they had a deal with the hotel to keep guests happy or if the hotel was just located conveniently for them. Every night we complained, but there would be different ones the next night. The beds were comfortable and clean, no bugs!!! We were there for a conference all week...the meeting rooms were more than accommodating for large groups. Again, the lunches were a little pricey. Hamburgers and hotdogs with all the fixings were 38$ per person. Pool was nice. Hot tub was clean. The renovations are fixing to start (it used to be a holiday inn), but if they don't take the trash out before they renovate, I don't believe it'll ever be more than a "room by the hour" hotel. The only reason I gave it a 3 out of 5 is because the beds are comfortable and clean and the Hostess for the hotel gave me sweet dreams!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank whiteindian
Whiteindian,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the bar and enjoyed the comforts of your guest room.

hagerstown md
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed in th Hotel on June 27th 2013 with our volleyball team while in town for the Junior national volleyball Tournament. While there one of our parents had bugs in their room 2 other parents had broken beds. NO hot water for several hours. Mold around the pool and Rust on the pool rails. The coach decided that this hotel wasnt exceptable. After contacting THS ( the company WE had a contract with ) They booked us another hotel and told us to check out of this one. Upon telling the lady at the front desk they contacted the GM who wasnt even there and was told that we wasnt aloud to check out because we have a contract with them ( which we didnt we had a contract with THS who told us to check out ). The Manager came out and explain to us that the GM was on his way in and told us that we couldnt check out until he gets here which was told to us that he would arrive in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later our coach went up and spoke to the lady at the front counter about having to get to other hotel to check in then the manager came back out and told us he would be there in 10 minutes and that she knows that is what she told us earlier but she promises us that it wont be much longer. 5 minutes later the manager comes back out and tells us that the GM ( Alan ) called and told her to allow us to go ahead and check out and only charge us for one night ( 123.17 ) so that is what we did. Keep in mind that already pre auth our cards for 740.00. Going to the other hotel we had to pay another 663.00 for that stay. So now all parents not only have to pay the 663.00 for the 2nd hotel stay we all also have the pre auth of 740.00 for this hotel. Keep in mind that all this happened on a Friday so we had to go all weekend with this pre auth on our cards. Now we are at Monday morning ( July 1st 2013 ) i wake up head to tournament and around 1:30pm i checked our checkings account to find that this hotel withdrew the WHOLE 740.00 leaving me with only 44.00 in my pocket with a 12 year old daughter with me playing volleyball as well as my husband. The first thing i did was call my bank to confirm that this hotel did indeed take the full amount then i started calling the hotel at 2pm to find out why. I would told the GM ( Alan ) was in a meeting and they took my name and number and told me she would give him the message to call me. An hour went by so i called back and was told he was still in a meeting so i left a message on his voice mail. NO CALL BACK... so a little after 3pm i called back once again and i talked to the sales manager ( Tina ) and told her what was going on and she said she couldnt help me that i would have to talk to Alan. I explained to her that i have left 2 messages for him already and havent heard from him. Tina took my name and number again and promised me that she would give it to him once he gets out of meeting. 5pm comes around and guess what no phone call back from the GM. I called hotel back to find out that he left for the day. I ask them to call him on his cell phone like they did on Friday because this matter needs to be taken care of. Not only was the lady EXTREMELY RUDE i was hung up on several times she even started laughing at me and i said " im glad that you think that its funny that this hotel stole 615.85 from me and i have a 12 year old here and 19 hours away from home and i cant feed her. The lady said mam i didnt laugh at you and i explained to her that i didnt need her lies and i heard her laugh. At one time she made it out that i was the one being rude by saying not to yell at her. Even though at this point i think i have a right to yell at someone i explained to her that i wasnt yelling yet that i had her on speaker so my husband could hear what was being said. ONCE AGAIN i was hung up on. My husband told me to just let it go for the day so thats what i did. Later that evening i called the hotel back to leave a message on GM's voice mail again to call me when he gets in and realize that he leaves his cell phone number on his voice mail so i wrote down that number and called him twice. The second time i left voice mail on who i was and why i was calling... guess what??? yupp you got in NO CALL BACK..... The next morning i woke up and called the hotel at 8:40am i didnt give my name and i ask if the GM was in. The lady told me he was to hold on while she gets him on phone. Well i was forward to his voicemail AGAIN!!!!! . So i tried calling his cell phone and he answered. I gave him my name explained who i cam and what happened with my account and ask him why. HIS EXACT WORDS because i can you was under contract and i had every legal right to do so. I reminded him that we wasnt under contract with him THS was and our contract was with THS and THS told us to check out. I explained to him that i have been trying to contact him since yesterday afternoon and again his EXACT WORDS WAS... " lady your nothing but a lair you never tried calling me" at this point im FED UP i said " so you dont have a sales manager there name Tina? and i didnt leave any messages on your voice mail? He admitted that he had a sales manager name Tina but again denys that i ever tried calling him. He was EXTREMELY rude and i ask him if this is how he handles all his upset customers and if so he shouldnt be in this business at all more than less be in the position of GM. I had enough with his rudeness and lies i told him that there will be something done and hung the phone up.
Our coach calls the GM as well and was extremely rude to him as well so he called THS who then emails the corperate or somewhere and explains that this situation needs to be resolved asap and their clients needs to be refunded and explained that we was told to go ahead and leave and that we would only be charged for ONE NIGHT... Alans reply was... " well his employee at front desk probably told us that to get rid of us before we was going off on her. Which was FAR from the truth and actually what we said to the lady at front desk was that she was very nice and VERY PROFESSIONAL. Alan also said that the only reason why we didnt like the hotel is because of the breakfast and our coach then said that the breakfast was the only great thing about the hotel. One of our parents actually has a text from the GM ( Alan ) saying pretty much that we wasnt getting our money back and she said " i hope you feel good about yourself knowing that there are parents here with their children who now has no money and overdrawn bank accounts. HE DIDNT CARE!!!!! On Tuesday we was told that we was getting money back but they are charging us another nights stay for cancelling ( which they cant do that because once again our contract ISNT with this hotel ) .. Today i did receive 492.58 back but they still owe me 123.17 . Over all this trip to Texas was the most worse expierence for me because of this hotel and the rude nonprofessional attitude we got from the whole hotel staff excluding the extremely nice and professional lady who was working at the front desk and her name is Yvonne. My personal opinion I believe Alan should be FIRED for the way he treats the hotels customers and Yvonne should take his place. Im pretty sure there are things that i missed i cant remember it all because there is so much and honestly after having to have family memebers wire me money so we could get through the rest of our stay, im home now and i want to forget about this whole trip, But i felt like i had to warn people on what kind of business Alan and Night hotel is running here. Horrible hotel, HORRIBLE management, horrible experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank sonya m

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this room by bidding and if I got it again for a very low price I wouldn’t be too upset, but I wouldn’t pay full price or pick the hotel directly. As of June 2013 there is a lot of highway and road construction going on in the area (635 and Lyndon B. Johnson) which makes this hotel a hassle to get to. I also think their sign is awkwardly placed and I didn’t see one on the actual building. The parking lot has surprisingly poor lighting and gets very dark.

The front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Unfortunately, I can’t think of much more good to say about the place. The building is being renovated. I don’t know the extent of the renovations but the place is definitely showing its age. You can see it from the torn shower curtains, lose (easy to trip over) carpet, and overall appearance and shape of the building. One of the elevators was not working the entire time I was there and the other was slow. The elevator also makes two very loud beeps when it arrives on a floor. I could hear this from about five or six rooms away. I did notice an odor to my room. I got use to it. I also noticed the smell of marijuana in the hallway. I didn’t get used to that.

The room itself was fine, besides the strange odor. Although I did notice they have the most limited channel selection I’ve encountered in a hotel. I didn’t try their restaurant, bar, or pool. Overall, the place is in need of improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank AyanaMap
Dantelost,

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, we are renovating the hotel and part of the renovation is going to be getting a new LED sign for the hotel which will be more visable for all. This renovation will also include new shower curtains, tv's, tv channels and much more!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here this weekend and everything was absolutely amazing. The food was well priced, the room was super nice, the atmosphere was absolutely beautiful and the people were super friendly. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a beautiful hotel for a great price. Everything from the service to the food was absolutely perfect. I will definitely be coming back. It is definitely the best hotel I have ever had the honor to stay at. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if you ever have any questions just don't hesitate to ask.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel will be great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank adam m
Adam M,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great stay! We hope that when you return your next stay will be just as great!

Fruit Cove, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having had the opportunity to stay long-term (c. 3 months) at the Night Hotel North Dallas property for business purposes, my overall impression with regards to the quality of the stay is second to none. The size of the room was beyond expectations and the decor was superior. Be certain to meet Rito The Bartender - he consistently went above and beyond with his efforts to provide superior service - not once, but ALWAYS. I have traveled abroad for the last 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never received the consistent level of professionalism than what was provided by Rito on a nightly basis. Cheers Rito! Be certain to sample the menu as the food is excellent! The staff was highly accommodating, the property always impeccable and the access to all points within the Metroplex a breeze - adjacent to 635, 35, minutes to the DART train as well as DFW. Will I be back? Absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank maverickdirk
maverickdirk,

Thank you for your great feedback! We are so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience! We cannot wait to have you back!