“Needs improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Puerto Rico
“Needs improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this room by bidding and if I got it again for a very low price I wouldn’t be too upset, but I wouldn’t pay full price or pick the hotel directly. As of June 2013 there is a lot of highway and road construction going on in the area (635 and Lyndon B. Johnson) which makes this hotel a hassle to get to. I also think their sign is awkwardly placed and I didn’t see one on the actual building. The parking lot has surprisingly poor lighting and gets very dark.

The front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Unfortunately, I can’t think of much more good to say about the place. The building is being renovated. I don’t know the extent of the renovations but the place is definitely showing its age. You can see it from the torn shower curtains, lose (easy to trip over) carpet, and overall appearance and shape of the building. One of the elevators was not working the entire time I was there and the other was slow. The elevator also makes two very loud beeps when it arrives on a floor. I could hear this from about five or six rooms away. I did notice an odor to my room. I got use to it. I also noticed the smell of marijuana in the hallway. I didn’t get used to that.

The room itself was fine, besides the strange odor. Although I did notice they have the most limited channel selection I’ve encountered in a hotel. I didn’t try their restaurant, bar, or pool. Overall, the place is in need of improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AyanaMap
Jennifer S, Manager at Wyndham Garden Dallas North, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dantelost,

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, we are renovating the hotel and part of the renovation is going to be getting a new LED sign for the hotel which will be more visable for all. This renovation will also include new shower curtains, tv's, tv channels and much more!

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here this weekend and everything was absolutely amazing. The food was well priced, the room was super nice, the atmosphere was absolutely beautiful and the people were super friendly. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a beautiful hotel for a great price. Everything from the service to the food was absolutely perfect. I will definitely be coming back. It is definitely the best hotel I have ever had the honor to stay at. The staff is very friendly and helpful and if you ever have any questions just don't hesitate to ask.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel will be great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank adam m
Adam M,

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great stay! We hope that when you return your next stay will be just as great!

Fruit Cove, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having had the opportunity to stay long-term (c. 3 months) at the Night Hotel North Dallas property for business purposes, my overall impression with regards to the quality of the stay is second to none. The size of the room was beyond expectations and the decor was superior. Be certain to meet Rito The Bartender - he consistently went above and beyond with his efforts to provide superior service - not once, but ALWAYS. I have traveled abroad for the last 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never received the consistent level of professionalism than what was provided by Rito on a nightly basis. Cheers Rito! Be certain to sample the menu as the food is excellent! The staff was highly accommodating, the property always impeccable and the access to all points within the Metroplex a breeze - adjacent to 635, 35, minutes to the DART train as well as DFW. Will I be back? Absolutely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank maverickdirk
maverickdirk,

Thank you for your great feedback! We are so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience! We cannot wait to have you back!

Tulsa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We received a great rate at this hotel for the night. Price was likely discounted because of road construction on LBJ expressway which make it a little more difficult to find.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank becly
Becly,

Thank you for your feedback, we hope you will return soon!

Urbana, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were sent to this hotel by American Airlines when a flight was cancelled due to mechanical problem, they first gave us a room with a single king bed for 3 adults, when we told them that wouldn't work they put us in a room with two double beds but the room had a bad odor---like too much Fabreeze had been used in an attempt to cover other smells, also the shower curtain had hair on it. The food is the restaurant was overpriced and also subpar--although they had a pizza deal that was pretty good ($10.95 for two topping pizza and two sodas). Shuttle was not available for early morning flight and the taxi they called for us was "cash only" and charged $40. Not a good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lulu1996
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

piston in an 8 cylinder engine!!! Get your minds out of the gutter...lol Ok, so this property is a work in progress, and they do have a long way to come. I was told the hold-up had to do with some people who rent the units near the outdoor pool. I'm not really sure what that means, but I do know that this used to be a Holiday Inn, so who knows what Night Hotel had left in their hands. Once finished, this hotel will be one of the fiercest in Dallas, but for the time being you can rest assured a good value if you want to stay here. They have corner suites that are really nice, and also come with an optional adjoining parlor. I haven't seen the international, hospitality, or presidential suites, but once I do, I'll write another review of this hotel. Rest assured!!!

Room Tip: corner suites are recommended (with the optional adjoining parlor room)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a suite that was bigger than my apartment. We had the best time from check in to check out. We had the best food in the restaurant called Ziyas. Top notch service. We are coming back in July. The freeway is under construction but now we know the back way our GPS got confused. I recommend calling Hotel and asking about the back way in you can totally avoid that construction.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central
Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria

Been to Wyndham Garden Dallas North? Share your experiences!