“Name Change: Now known as Regency Hotel”
Review of The Regency Hotel

The Regency Hotel
Ranked #171 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Nashville, Tennessee
“Name Change: Now known as Regency Hotel”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was just informed that the hotel is now known as Regency Hotel. Not sure how to make Tripadvisor aware of the name change. Careful as in your search, it will pull up Hyatt Regency hotels as well. This is not a Hyatt.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Reserved a room for 2 nights in connection with a training seminar at the same facility.

Immediately upon check-in, broken smoke detector in room, tape holding window closed, hole in the curtain, used soap in the bathroom, sleep number bed did not work, no wi-fi as advertised and the telephones throughtout the hotel were broken except at the front desk. Asked for another room and was ignored by the hotel staff. After 30 minutes of jacking with the window being held closed with tape, I was able to finally get the latch to lock. Decided to check out the restaurant they advertise in the lobby as being open for lunch & dinner, non-existent, no cookstaff to run the place. Finally found the fitness center on the 3rd floor of building 2 (after all the elevators were not functioning) to find 6 pieces of equipment that were non-functioning as well. The bathroom facilities in the fitness center were also non-functional. Walking past the pool back to my building, it was solid green with fungus growing inside it, half the doors didn't work in the building. They're suppose to automatically lock and require a room key to gain entry, but alas, remained unlocked at all times. I was there for 3 days, 2 nights, on night 2, the hotel manager came beating on my door and even tried to gain access while I was in the room demanding that I check out on day 2 of a day 3 stay. Got him straightened out after 15 minutes. Only things that did work were the deadbolts in my room and the television.

Absolutely horrible place and if it weren't for the fact that I had a conference the next morning after arriving and was in a pretty rough part of Dallas, I would've left but it was dark at that point and did not want to step foot outside.

Room Tip: Do NOT book this hotel, even if your life depends on it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank FrequentTraveller529

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Garland, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

That is exactly what happened to me at the Radisson hotel located at 11350 LBJ @ Jupiter, Dallas, Texas 75238. On the evening of June 9, 2012 ,after going to watch my daughter graduate from college around 9:00. I returned to the hotel to find that someone had came into my room and robbed me of everything i owned. I noticed there was no forced entry so i knew that someone had a key. I walked down to the front desk and approached the gentleman at the desk and ask him who all had a access to my room he replied "no one". I explained to him my situation.then went back to my room to call the police. After I phoned the police i went back down to see if they had surveilence he replied only in the entrance/exits and front desk. Then he proceeded to tell me that he had made a terrible mistake and gave a key to my room to a young woman that he had seen me talk to in the lobby the day before. Needless to say she robbed me blind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Sharron A
Cumby Tx
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I went to a meeting here, so for conveniece wanted to stay there. When you walk in the lobby was nice and the meeting rooms were nice. The front desk clerk was no help what so ever. I checked into my 1st room and the room was hot and musky smelling. The windows would not lock and it was on the first floor in a horrible neighborhood, requested a second room, no apology was given moved on to second room, guess what door would not lock, moved to 3rd room different wing, low lights in the hall had a feeling if I stayed there something terrible would happen and guess what windows wouldn't lock. Halls were hot rooms were hot, pouring sweat after lugging all my luggage to 2 different wings and 3 different rooms, not one time did the front desk offer to help me or apologize for the inconvenience. I truly don't understand the good reviews for this hotel, because my experience was the absolute worst.

Room Tip: Tip would be don't stay here
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BrendaC553
El Paso
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My oldest daughter was in Dallas for a college visit and we stayed at the radisson because they had a 30 percent off sale. We got the room with two queen sleep number beds for $57.00 a night. The place has recently had a renovation and it was really nice. I don't why some folks didn't like it. Food was good, beds nice and it was very clean. It is in a off the path location but not in a bad neighborhood. There weren't a lot of places to go out and eat but we did ok with a gps. I would say it is a fine place for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Booked a last minute stay as my family and I were driving through town. Old hotel with dated elevator to the "workout" room. Musty smell in the older part of hotel. Poor location. I did lose a running shoe in the room. I emailed the hotel they did reply and told me I would get a followup phone call...of course that never happened.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2011

What a joy coming to the hotel on November 18, 2011. Our church had our Thanksgiving Banquet for about 275. What a marvelour feast, it was all first class Thanksgiving cuisine, warm and the serves was expceptional. Claudia Aquilar was the catering manager and she had everything ready to go in a stupendous style. Claudia turns it over Juan the evening catering manager when she knew everything was already to go. The banquet room with all the tables and the banquet tables were decoration wher with fall colors, cute decoation on each table. The room was set up with two open megaphones which was great everone could hear, chuch members share what they were thankful for. I am thankful for the great serve at your hotel and hope we are able to come back next year.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank B K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Motel 6 Dallas - Garland - Northwest Hwy
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Garland/Dallas
Days Inn Dallas Garland West
Wyndham Garden Dallas North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas Fair Park
Comfort Suites North Dallas

Been to The Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!