“BEDBUG INFESTED!!!”

Ranked #139 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Eureka Springs, AR
“BEDBUG INFESTED!!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Do NOT stay here! They are suffering from a severe bedbug infestation. Management lies about being willing to give refunds. Room looked nice enough but it is 10 days later and I'm still covered in red welts from parasitic insects. Plus, I had to decontaminate all of my belongings with was hours of hassle, not to mention expense. The staff was pleasant enough, but you could tell they had heard complaints of bedbugs before, although they denied it. After I complained about the bedbugs (which I caught half a dozen of in a glass container so they couldn't deny the infesttation), they moved me to a different room (which doesn't really help much because if a motel is infested, the bedbugs travel through the housekeeping carts and linens, etc.) but they would not give a full refund, even though they said they would. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Be prepared to fumigate everything you own, including your vehicle. Room #222 was were I stayed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Rooms weren't bad, but the location wasn't great. Many loud and obnoxious guests the night that I stayed. Police ended up showing up because of a fight in the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Kansas
Reviewed December 14, 2010

NOT for anyone with chemical sensitivities!! Needed a hotel to relax in while I was down for medical procedure. Mngmnt aware that I couldn't be around chemicals/perfumes-specifically got a room that hadn't been occupied in a while-Handicap accessible, which was great since I am. Walk/roll in shower was MOLDY/SLIMY!! Room had smell of air freshener trapped in drapes/bedding, but had to live with it since it was so late. No "do not disturb" sign provided-returned from medical procedure to room drowned in bleach and air freshener. Hubby had to pack car while I wretched in parking lot. We had reserved room for 1 more night-mngmt ONLY returned $20-less than 1/2 of nights stay. All our clothes/pillows we had left in the room were coated in chemical smells. Had to put everything in trash bags for 6 hr car ride home JUST so I could breathe! Carpets were stiff/crunchy. Even tho it was H.Access. room there was no handicap prking spot saved outside the door & no ramp. All rooms enter from outside bldg. Unless you know Dallas, this place is an immense PAIN to get to bc of the street layouts in the area. No food places immediately nearby. The room was big enuf but culdn't tell u if kitchen stuff worked or not. From the ickiness of the room you wuldnt catch me cooking food there anyway. YUK.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GreenCanary01
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2010

In the last few months I've logged roughly 14,000 mi. In an effort to save money I tried staying at Motel 6's along the way.
As far as Motel 6 is concerned, they suck... However, this is a diamond in the VERY rough. It was very clean, quiet (something I surely can't say for any others I've stayed at).
This morning I awoke to find my TV remote wasn't working. A call to the front desk had the manager in my room in less than 2 min with a new one. I know, just a TV remote, but I firmly believe if you can't be trusted with the small stuff, you damn well can't be trusted with the big stuff. I WILL stay again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
wi
Reviewed April 20, 2009

we stayed st studio6 in dec 2008 for 2 weeks & the stay was amazing. The room was very clean & spacious compared some other extended stay hotels in that area. The price was excellent. we paid around $249+tax/week. We got regular room service. the staff was so helpful & polite. they spoke nice english & good communication skilled staff.
there was a night security & area was looking safest place in dallas.
i liked most about this place was fully furnished kitchen with all utensils, silverware, crockeries, microwave, full sized refrigerator, cable tv with almost 30 to 35 channels.
I would suggest this place to stay to all my friend & relatives.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nooneWi
Dallas
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Rooms small, refrigerator makes a funny noise all night long. Location right on the freeway and very noisy. Nonsmoking room smells like cigarrete smoke. Deadbolt doesn't work and when I expressed concern about my safety they came 24 hours later to install a chain, but the deadbolt still doesn't work. I also spent a night in a room without a deadbolt lock, as did who knows how many people before me, because they couldn't get someone out to fix the door on the weekend when I arrived.

The hotel advertises wireless and wired Internet access, but neither are consistently available. The web site states that wired access is "available throughout the building" but is only actually available in some rooms, if they happened to run the cable there apparently. The wireless is sporadic at best and everywhere seems to have a "very low" or limited connectivity.

When I called to the front office to let them know something had gone wrong with the connection I was rudely told it was my computer's connection that caused the problem. I asked for any idea on unique settings that would need to be enabled or ideas, but was told "I don't know, just change your settings." My computer then connected to another network at a nearby restaurant with no problems. I was again treated rudely when I asked the clerk to reset the router because there seemed to be a signal problem.

I asked about the wired connection and was told that if it was available it would be under the kitchen table, but only "a few" rooms have that. I rebooted my computer twice and then the clerk asked me to call back in ten minutes because he didn't want to deal with my computer problem anymore. He asked me over and over if I wanted him "to be able to do his work or not." It was a rude, strange question and he was not customer oriented at all.

I am moving to another hotel and will never return here OR to any other Studio 6.

Stayed February 2008
Thornton, Arkansas
Reviewed July 31, 2007

The first thing I noticed when I walked in was the room was FAR smaller than it appeared in the pictures. The bed was NOT a queen, nor would one have fit in that room, the shower rod was broken and the curtain slipped to the middle of the rod making a HUGE mess everytime you took a shower, and the door lock was BROKEN!! The door and frame had warped so much that you could not deadbolt the door at night. The front staff was very apologetic and offered to fix it immediately, however the person that wrote down the room number we were in (after asking twice), got it wrong and when we got back to the room it STILL wasn't fixed. They did fix it the next day but then we had to call and request room service. The towels are awful. They look like something they use in hospitals or prison - small and very rough. The elevator on our side (we were in 326) looked old and after riding it once I refused and used the stairs. The creaking, smells, and lurching did not inspire confidence. Every time I used the hair dryer it smelled like it was going to catch on fire.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was surprisingly spacious, the staff was pleasant and spoke excellent English, all of the appliances worked, and since I got the room for $50 a night including a full kitchen - I considered it a bargain to have so few problems (even tho the two I had were whoppers!).

My suggestion - Inspect your room the moment you walk in and take your own towels and hair dryer.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Being on the 3rd floor and the broken lock/curtain rod
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)