“Really great value”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport
Ranked #134 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Really great value”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I rented a room for $59 through Priceline.com and I was very pleasantly surprised to see the size of the room, full kitchen, big closet, flat screen tv when I walked in. I didn't come in with enormous expectations (this isn't the Ritz-Carlton afterall) and I didn't come to Dallas to hang out in the hotel room. But, I was comfortable, the staff was helpful, got free wifi, it was very quiet, and I couldnt beat the price. One thing I wished I had asked for was to be on the top floor or in the building with the lobby. This is only because when you walk out your door you are outside and I am a 26 year girl who was staying by herself. Although, I can't say anything ever made me feel unsafe while I was there (I am just overly cautious). It was convenient to get back to Dallas Love Field as well as to the downtown/uptown area. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2011

As tennis parents we have stayed in a variety of hotels and this one nearly takes the cake. As mentioned above, the door was hard to close enough to get the lock to engage and opened to the outside with security issues galore outside. The mattress on the bed was like plywood covered by batting. I dont think I have ever slept on one as hard.Breakfast was not out at 630 so we had to move on. As for price/ value about 40.00 would have been closer than what we had to pay- if we hadnt paid in advance through expedia we would not have stayed after checking in.The living room is separated by an acordian curtain. I am sooo surprised that Wyndom put their name on this one!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
NJ
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Hotel was a fine value for family. Really an extended-stay, condo style hotel. Rooms were large, clean, with full kitchen. Upstairs, downstairs bedrooms, so kids were not right on top of adults. Easy to find location near Dallas Love Field and although not really near Cotton Bowl, took us 10 minutes to drive there. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Modena, Italy
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hawthorn Suites Dallas Love Field. The room was cozy, clean, neat, with all the comforts you may need. The kitchen was clean and efficient and the bathroom shining. At first I thought I had mistaken the total price of my stay for only one night, as it seemed impossible that such a low rate would apply to such a good accomodation. The staff was all very helpful and extrememely polite. They also provide complimentary shuttle service from Dallas Love Field airport, and that's really convenient.
Breakfast and happy hour were very good and abundant, and offered the opportunity to meet other guests and socialize. Higly recommended, I'll certainly go back there when in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
United States
Reviewed December 16, 2010

i thoroughly enjoyed my stay here & have no complaints.

the room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. with a full kitchen, fireplace, sofa/living room area.

free parking & free wifi (which worked great). friendly & helpful staff. incredible price.

only suggestion i have is to provide "do not disturb" signs so housekeeping doesn't come knocking at noon.

would stay again for sure if i needed a hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed at this particular hotel over the Thanksgiving holiday. We were in a 2 bedroom, but I don't know that I would actually call it that at all. It was an odd layout as there is an upstairs. There aren't actually bedrooms, more like a studio room below with a bed and a loft with a bed; it is all open. The room(s) were clean and it served its purpose for us. The entryway to our room was behind the building and the lights were not functioning on the outside, so that was a little scary. There were some features that were modern, like a new dishwasher in the unit, but the stove and microwave were VERY dated. I am guessing mid -1980s models. The right side of our kitchen sink had a leaky pipe and we only found that out after i noticed I was standing in a puddle of water that was pouring out from under the sink. The upstairs bathroom door visibly had a fist hole in it that was very poorly patched. Couldn't they just replace the door? We ate breakfast one morning but it was average at best so we opted to purchase our own breakfast foods for the remainder of our stay. All in all, it was an average place to stay. The staff was friendly. We will probably not return there next year. If you are looking for a true 2BR hotel with modern conveniences, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2010

The Manager and the guy that works the 2nd shift during the week are excellent and very hard to come by these days. The customer service is excellent. You can't always judge a book by it's cover.
The rooms are clean and nice, love the fireplace and full kitchen

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central
Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ramada Dallas Love Field
Ramada Dallas Love Field
#144 of 203 in Dallas
Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport? Share your experiences!